Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
I'm just lonely, that's all.

You know how your if your friends start meeting other people, getting new relationships, they end up spending time with them and progressively less time with you instead? Well that's what I'm feeling. Theoretically it should apply to me as well. Even if my small group of friends are starting to less time with me, I should have another group/ of friends that I spend time with instead, right? Well, no. I'm just all alone by myself.

Oh, alright. Some people might not have a lot of friends irl, but have lots of friends or even followings online. Well I don't have friends online either. Friendship, let alone relationship, feels like a fantasy at this point.

It feels like as time goes on, it takes longer for new people to get into my life, and faster for the ones that are already in my life to leave it. It feels like, at this rate, that one day that I'm just going to end up completely alone with all the people already leaving my life. I could scream out loud and no one would even bat an eye. I guess on the flip side that if I were to CTB, then no one would be negatively affected, or at least only be affected a little.

I don't know what to say anymore.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Fin, UninformedLover, Belaya Noch and 6 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
You can't be friends with someone you don't have any common goals or undertakings with. When people "leave your life" it's a sign that you're no longer on the same page, although you were before. They changed, you stagnated. You changed, they stagnated. You both changed, but in different directions. If hanging out with someone no longer comes naturally, the friendship is over. Who changed, and who remained the same?

Reactions: 262653
Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
We do have common goals and understandings.. I've just become less relevant.

In the end I end up alone anyways...

• Hugs
Reactions: UninformedLover and Sensei
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
We do have common goals and understandings.. I've just become less relevant.
That doesn't add up. If you've become less relevant, your goals and understandings are drifting apart. This is by definition.

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
People change and look for new things, this will always happens. Isn't this why people try to have a partner at some point? Because they are afraid of being alone for the rest of their lifes?

fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
You know how your if your friends start meeting other people, getting new relationships, they end up spending time with them and progressively less time with you instead?

I call this feeling "Turning 30".

Reactions: Lmd
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Haven't had a friend in a good while, never felt the need to keep relationships going. I love my SaSu friends, though. Even got engaged on here recently :pfff:

Last edited:
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
There are lots of people out there, you just gotta find them. Don't be desperate to get friends but try to talk to new people and you'll be able to have some friendships.

As for me, I'm extremely lonely but I chose this. I like being a loner.