L

LovelyLogick

Aug 5, 2024
I've managed to set up a scenario where I won't be disturbed for a little over 4 days. I have a 40cf tank of argon, regulator, tubing, a reclining chair, and tie down straps. Going to buy a turkey oven bag, some cord, a toggle and tape for the exit bag. After testing the set up for leaks and strapping myself to the chair, I should be able to ctb. Right? I won't fall over and disconnect the tank, no one will find me till well past the point of no return... am I missing anything?

• Hugs
Reactions: kinderbueno, Higurashi415 and Aprilfarewell4
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
I hope it's peaceful. Your setup sounds good. Please let us know if it doesn't work. Not many people report about gas here. But I think it's really effective. Not all of us have access. I'm sorry you have to do it but I'm glad it's this and not some violent method.

Reactions: sweetcreep and kinderbueno
HiddenPain

HiddenPain

Fading šŸ„€
Jul 24, 2024
I wouldn't use argon as it's heavier than oxygen, use pure nitrogen which is lighter than oxygen, other than that the plan should be fine if prepped correctly.

Reactions: kinderbueno and mlha
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
I wouldn't use argon as it's heavier than oxygen, use pure nitrogen which is lighter than oxygen, other than that the plan should be fine if prepped correctly.
Some people can only get argon. And it is a gas that will work.

Reactions: kinderbueno
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
As a previous poster said, argon is heavier than air and will therefore settle at the lowest point it can. It may be that the volume of argon you have vs the volume of the room you're in vs the height of the chair may mean you're above the level that would inherently dangerous to your life.

You might want to reconsider the chair and take a nap on the floor.

You might also want to consider clear labelling for anyone that might find you - the normal 'opening the windows' may not dissipate the gas and you could be putting others at risk.

Reactions: maniac116, kinderbueno, FailedToDisconnect and 1 other person
HiddenPain

HiddenPain

Fading šŸ„€
Jul 24, 2024
Some people can only get argon. And it is a gas that will work.
I simply made a factual comment that I wouldn't use it and why I wouldn't, you and the OP can do as you please but I wouldn't recommend it..

Reactions: kinderbueno and mlha
L

LovelyLogick

Aug 5, 2024
As a previous poster said, argon is heavier than air and will therefore settle at the lowest point it can. It may be that the volume of argon you have vs the volume of the room you're in vs the height of the chair may mean you're above the level that would inherently dangerous to your life.

You might want to reconsider the chair and take a nap on the floor.

You might also want to consider clear labelling for anyone that might find you - the normal 'opening the windows' may not dissipate the gas and you could be putting others at risk.
This is true. I've considered using something like a "dog cone" with duck tape to help keep the argon around my face. Also using a chair that's low to the ground and in a small room. I've heard laying down is not good because you have more chance to be able to move and mess with your set up. Yeah argon was the only gas I could afford and get with no questions asked. As far as labeling goes, I've already planned for this. I would hate for another person to get hurt because of me.
I hope it's peaceful. Your setup sounds good. Please let us know if it doesn't work. Not many people report about gas here. But I think it's really effective. Not all of us have access. I'm sorry you have to do it but I'm glad it's this and not some violent method.
I was thinking about making a post with some pictures about my method and maybe a goodbye post too.

Reactions: Tesha