L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Literally, nothing has changed at all. I am still exactly teh same. It is all arbritrary.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: pulleditnearlyoff, canijo, DrinkyCrow and 3 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
Literally, nothing has changed at all. I am still exactly teh same. It is all arbritrary.
Exactly. Human authority is all arbitrary because mankind is flawed. That's why I'm anti-authoritarian and an anarchist pacifist. Nobody should be forced to anything, whether that be forced taxation, rent, prison or hospitalization.

• Love
Reactions: Tony24, MxTuesday, uglyugly and 5 others
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
That's why I'm anti-authoritarian and an anarchist pacifist. Nobody should be forced to anything, whether that be forced taxation, rent, prison or hospitalization.
Our lives would then end in total chaos. Murderers, thieves and rapist would do whatever they want with no consequences, there would be nothing left for pacifists. Nobody would build houses and apartments because the owners won't earn money from rents, do why invest money? People would still be forced to work though, or else they will suffer starvation. If they don't work, well, what do they eat?

Reactions: Rev346, Tonkpils and LifeQuitter
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

The sun rises to insult me.
Jul 15, 2024
I'm currently admitted in a psych ward and there's no signs that I'm going to recover. With that being said, it's so damn easy to fake everything, so I am expecting a week long stay or slightly more before I get released with nothing changed.

Reactions: Tonkpils
DrinkyCrow

DrinkyCrow

Zap to the extreme
May 2, 2023
Nobody would build houses and apartments because the owners won't earn money from rents, do why invest money? People would still be forced to work though, or else they will suffer starvation.
I mean you said that people still need to work, this work would also include construction, because people don't only need food to survive, but also housing, kinda.

canijo

canijo

Oct 29, 2023
This happened to me also. Even having reports from my private psychologist saying otherwise. Public health just doesnt care. There are even salary incentives for doctors that have shorter medical leaves on their patients. Its fucking criminal behaviour

Neowise

Neowise

Oct 7, 2020
I mean you said that people still need to work, this work would also include construction, because people don't only need food to survive, but also housing, kinda.
That is true. But who would pay the construction workers? Or rather, who would invest 600 000€/$/£ to build apartments if they will never get the money back through rents?

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
Our lives would then end in total chaos. Murderers, thieves and rapist would do whatever they want with no consequences, there would be nothing left for pacifists. Nobody would build houses and apartments because the owners won't earn money from rents, do why invest money? People would still be forced to work though, or else they will suffer starvation. If they don't work, well, what do they eat?
Murderers, thieves and rapists are THEMSELVES authoritarian; they use FORCE on others. The biggest murderers and thieves are the government, landlords who hoard homes they didn't build themselves and usurer bankers who create money out of nothing.

Reactions: Daydream Believer, Tonkpils and DrinkyCrow
DrinkyCrow

DrinkyCrow

Zap to the extreme
May 2, 2023
But who would pay the construction workers?
That's the great thing about communism; no one would have profit in mind to do anything.

Anyway, don't wanna hijack this thread for things like that.

I really hope that something changes soon in a way that works for you, im sorry they couldn't provide you with the help you need.

Also sorry for this whole political discussion breaking out honestly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tonkpils and LifeQuitter
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
That is true. But who would pay the construction workers? Or rather, who would invest 600 000€/$/£ to build apartments if they will never get the money back through rents?
In a moneyless system, investing would not exist, except a cooperative group investing time and energy to build things they and their community needs. The middle man bankster is unnecessary, dude. But keep being brainwashed by authoritarians, dude.

Neowise

Neowise

Oct 7, 2020
Murderers, thieves and rapists are THEMSELVES authoritarian; they use FORCE on others.
That is a good point.
But keep being brainwashed by authoritarians, dude.
I'm not being brainwashed. I rather hate humanity enough to believe that communism can never work due to human greed (and I love the idea behind communism, it is great). Money will always be the god #1. Live would be so much better if it wasn't.

Reactions: Tonkpils
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
I'm not being brainwashed. I rather hate humanity enough to believe that communism can never work due to human greed (and I love the idea behind communism, it is great). Money will always be the god #1. Live would be so much better if it wasn't.
Well, I agree with that. I'm pessimistic about the system I myself believe in, lol. But that doesn't mean it's an ideal worth striving for, like it would be to work against child abuse even though there will always be abusers popping up somewhere. Also, since humans are too greedy, that doesn't mean capitalism is better. It would be like to give up condemning murder just because humans are hateful and violent at heart.

M

mellie5

Student
Mar 26, 2023
In a moneyless cooperative system, what would be the incentive to work or to study more? Do yk what a "free rider" is? Ah no, we will make everyone work and we will assign them to work units or else. This ofc needs some central planning and we, the members of the planning committee, are too valuable to have lower food rations.

"except a cooperative group investing time and energy to build things they and their community needs" and if someone disagrees with what has been determined as a need they will be vaporised and become a nonperson.

Why become an engineer if the food ration is the same as that of a passport-stamper? We might give an incentive to the engineer in form of more food and better housing. I am sure the engineer will not store food and exchange it with the masses for say washing his house.

But then this exchange of food is complicated. Ik let's make a big building to store the excess food and issue a receipt stating the amount of food that is deposited there, then the engineer can give the cleaner that paper, and the cleaner can pass along the paper. We should print it very well so that it cannot be forged.

-:-:-:-:-:-:- end of economics -:-:-:-:-:-

LittleJem, you might have misunderstood, a nurse can have an opinion, it's true, but who ultimately decides about discharges in a psychiatric ward setting is a doctor.

Since there is absolutely no information about your condition and the setting, I myself don't know whether the nurse was wrong or not.

You might have been admitted for observation or exams. Once that is done, you leave. Public resources and beds are limited. Beds are for people who must sleep in a hospital because their condition is so bad that they cannot sleep at home.

Perhaps it was found out that day care would have been enough for you. I should like to say "poor you" but you don't say much.

Has a doctor said you should leave? Why?

M

MxTuesday

Is Tuesday an omen?
Sep 9, 2024
Money is an invention of colonial capitalist modernity. There are other ways society could be. (that would be a lot easier to live in imo)

Reactions: DrinkyCrow
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
In a moneyless cooperative system, what would be the incentive to work or to study more? Do yk what a "free rider" is?
The incentive comes from the need of the community, which is also the need of you. If you don't work, you could be shamed and ostracized (that's enough incentive for some). If you look at hunter gatherer societies, everyone pitches in during hunting or gathering berries. Or take Cuba for example. How come they overflow with doctors? Even though their salary is not more than taxi drivers? Apparently there was still enough incentive to "study more". How come the Soviet Union was flourishing with rocket scientists and in the arts?

Free riders exist only in the capitalist system. Almost nobody even wants to work because most just barely get by (if you include all the capitalist undeveloped nations). They only do so from fear of starvation (what a civilized way to treat others, lol).

Also, there is enough AI and machines to do tasks so that we can have a 20 hour work week according to calculations. It's just that the owning class does not allow it. They want to squeeze as much from workers and pay them as little as possible.
Ah no, we will make everyone work and we will assign them to work units or else. This ofc needs some central planning and we, the members of the planning committee, are too valuable to have lower food rations.
No, not if you have democratic anarcho-communism (as apart from marxist, like the Soviet Union). Decisions on production would be determined democratically by all workers according to the needs of the community they produce for and live in, instead of a central planner or capitalist profiteer. Actually, central planning is all over the current capitalist system. Big businesses like Amazon or McDonald's definitely practice central planning (they look at untouched markets, and PLAN production accordingly, except they do so with profit in mind instead of the good of humanity).
"except a cooperative group investing time and energy to build things they and their community needs" and if someone disagrees with what has been determined as a need they will be vaporised and become a nonperson.
No, just shamed at most if he is irrational. Most people are not contrarians for no reason. At worst, a contrarian who cannot find any place in society can be offered to just stay in his apartment and watch videos his whole life or be allowed to ctb with peaceful means if he finds everything meaningless. A few "free riders" are really not a problem. Even under capitalism they exist. In fact the real free riders are the CEOs and investors and usurers who produce nothing but move numbers on a screen and yell at workers while "earning" 200 times more than the worker in the company who ACTUALLY produces the products or services. Lol
Why become an engineer if the food ration is the same as that of a passport-stamper? We might give an incentive to the engineer in form of more food and better housing. I am sure the engineer will not store food and exchange it with the masses for say washing his house.
Again, Cuba has an abundance of doctors and engineers and scientists. Or look up inventions made in the Soviet Union. Face it, people are different. Some people simply like engineering. The best inventions are made by those who have a passion for their craft, not because they love money and Bugattis and caviar. On the other hand, some people are mentally or physically ill, or less sharp in brains. Why should they be punished with worse housing quality or food just because they are born with less brawn and brains and are from birth not able to contribute that much? Also, you cannot have an economy and society where everyone strives to be an engineer. Some people simply have to "stamp passports" (but in an global stateless society passports wouldn't even be necessary). In fact, many jobs under capitalism are useless. Look up the book "Bullshit Jobs" by David Graeber. And again, we have already robots who can do much of the dirty work that nobody wants to do. Self-cleaning toilets already exist, but they are just expensive as hell, so only available to the rich hoarders, instead of distributed to those in need (like handicapped people who cannot clean their homes themselves).
But then this exchange of food is complicated. Ik let's make a big building to store the excess food and issue a receipt stating the amount of food that is deposited there, then the engineer can give the cleaner that paper, and the cleaner can pass along the paper. We should print it very well so that it cannot be forged.
I don't know what you are getting at here, but why is there excess food? Look up food waste. It's a massive flaw in capitalism. While there are starving people, there is food being thrown away. Very efficient capitalism is in distributing, lol. Lastly, "hard work" doesn't pay off in your capitalist system. Otherwise the many who work two or three jobs just to make ends meet would be millionaires, lol.
Money is an invention of colonial capitalist modernity. There are other ways society could be. (that would be a lot easier to live in imo)
Money goes back a little further. I refer to David Graeber and his book "Debt: The First 5,000 Years". He has an interesting theory on why and when money was invented some time in history.

Last edited:
M

mellie5

Student
Mar 26, 2023
thank you for your opinion. I am sure you have been both in Cuba and in the Soviet Union and you know why Cuban doctors are not trying to leave Cuba and how the excellent Soviet psychiatric care was not used to imprison people because with asymptomatic schizophrenia. You should visit Belarus.

I myself would not live in a forest as a gatherer-hunter but rather have running water.

Apart from politics I really wish you and the OP all the best, no matter the political theory you supoort :*