• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
I just turned twenty a week ago and the situation at home is getting worse. I don't have any cash (have looked for any minimum wage job but was told in two inteviews that I don't have any experience). My parents are not talking to me and my mom just left on a trip but didn't tell me.

This shit has been going on for two years and I have had it. People have said that I'm an adult and I should move out so that's what I'll try to do. I was thinking of selling my two passports for some cash and although that isn't ethical, I really have no choice. I tried offing myself with antifreeze but surprisingly, it didn't work.

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I've read your post .

Thats a tricky situation.

do you want to vent a bit ? ( as in some background ... where you are at ,,, )
I'm assuming you are in the US ... ( I'm not ) so I don't know what possible support systems are available to you.

It is a difficult thing - the home / world transition.

disclaimer > I'm no therapist or counsellor , just some middle aged dude on the internet ...
( with a history of 'not dealing with the world very well' ... but I do have ideas about what not to do ,
and selling passports is probably one of them ! )

My initial response is that it is difficult to regard the move as an adventure and as exciting when you have a low mood and
a negative view ... it doesn't alter the fact that it is an adventure , that does potentially include some future
security and joy and friendship / comeraderie on the way .

I made some friends along the way feeling like shit and hating myself ... but they saw the good stuff.

sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
I just turned twenty a week ago and the situation at home is getting worse. I don't have any cash (have looked for any minimum wage job but was told in two inteviews that I don't have any experience). My parents are not talking to me and my mom just left on a trip but didn't tell me.

This shit has been going on for two years and I have had it. People have said that I'm an adult and I should move out so that's what I'll try to do. I was thinking of selling my two passports for some cash and although that isn't ethical, I really have no choice. I tried offing myself with antifreeze but surprisingly, it didn't work.
Me being .. me, I guess, I saw solutions to your problems, but they're what I personally would do and because I only know THAT much or your situation, my ideas probably wouldn't work.

I was thinking— it's not ideal, but if you're that desperate for a job, you'd go get one. You don't need experience to work at Taco Bell. Yeah, that's shit but it provides a paycheck. There are other options and you could add more problems to your life by doing something as silly as selling your passports instead of just working for your cash. I don't think you need more issues, doll. You struggle enough.

I'm sorry your mom does that, that must be degrading and hurtful. But you don't have to let HER determine the direction of your life. You GOT this, girl. You're a boss and you can take yourself wherever you wanna go. Don't be lazy. Work for that shit and it's worth it.

Much love.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Very old dead thread, so maybe this is OK to post...