• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
What do you think of this idea of accepting life, even within it's general bad conditions of mortality, of aging, of the possibility of sickness and the unique bad conditions of your (or a hypothetical individual) let's say like; failure, loneliness, poor living conditions, mental illness etc... Do you think it is possible to "make peace" with all of these conditions and to keep going ?

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
What do you think of this idea of accepting life, even within it's general bad conditions of mortality, of aging, of the possibility of sickness and the unique bad conditions of your (or a hypothetical individual) let's say like; failure, loneliness, poor living conditions, mental illness etc... Do you think it is possible to "make peace" with all of these conditions and to keep going ?
Personally, I'm not going to accept life as it is. Why would I settle for less when I deserve the best? It doesn't make any sense to me

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, not for me, existence will always be unacceptable to me no matter what. Only death could bring me peace, I will always despise having the ability to suffer in this repulsive world where there is endless potential for torment and harm, existence could never be desirable.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I will never accept any of those horrible things of life . There is no reason to. Life is a meaningless evil imposition

I think no one has to accept any of that any suffering nor any pain or problems whatsoever

sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023
It's not because of one singular reason - humans. Even if you're tough enough to endure the challenges of life, people around can and will multiply you by zero.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
There are people who live in slavery and starvation who have accepted their condition and keep going. How I do not know. I've resigned myself to loneliness and terrible jobs which is way better than what they experience yet I don't want to go on. Whether that is acceptance that life sucks, weakness on my part, or acceptance that there's no way out other than death I don't know. If it's acceptance, it's not a peaceful one. It's the same acceptance a dog feels when getting hit by their owner. They know it's coming and know there's nothing they can do. Accepting that doesn't make the dog feel at peace, does it?

C

Coffeandamug

Oct 22, 2020
Yeah, but why though?
I believe that is the most important question... maybe because you think that to have nothingness (if you don't believe in an afterlife) sooner rather than later is better. Maybe because you believe you'll be punished in the afterlife (some religions), maybe because of a loved one, maybe the little pleasures of life outweigh the pain... As for myself, I don't know the answer... sometimes I think it may be worth to try to accept and live life, sometimes I think it is absolutely not worth it. I posted the thread so I could understand what others think.

Reactions: divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
People that accept life how it is are more at peace and mature and oh I how envy them . I'm to stubborn to accept all the pain

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
I would if I just had luck job wise, and maybe finding 2-3 friends, but it seems all impossibile for me ahah. A normal payed job, 2-3 friends, and I would be satisfied, and another 50 years will pass fast, but apparently is asking for too much, I'm not even worth that

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
I keep trying to. Just end up feeling even more miserable.

C

Coffeandamug

Oct 22, 2020
No, not for me, existence will always be unacceptable to me no matter what. Only death could bring me peace, I will always despise having the ability to suffer in this repulsive world where there is endless potential for torment and harm, existence could never be desirable.
I may have different views on if, in general (because I do believe in everyone's autonomy to choose) humans should try to continue to exist or not. But when I read your posts FuneralCry, I always agree with how you describe the world as a really shitty place. Reality is madness.

R

ranii118

Dec 28, 2023
yeah sure, but whats the point in even trying to "make peace"? its just going to be more suffering in the end.

Reactions: sserafim
C

Coffeandamug

Oct 22, 2020
There are people who live in slavery and starvation who have accepted their condition and keep going. How I do not know. I've resigned myself to loneliness and terrible jobs which is way better than what they experience yet I don't want to go on. Whether that is acceptance that life sucks, weakness on my part, or acceptance that there's no way out other than death I don't know. If it's acceptance, it's not a peaceful one. It's the same acceptance a dog feels when getting hit by their owner. They know it's coming and know there's nothing they can do. Accepting that doesn't make the dog feel at peace, does it?
it's important to remember that some on these conditions did kill themselves. I used to tell myself that but after reading some stuff, I found that it is not that "black and white". Sure, Many on these conditions choose to keep going. But there is a small share who chose to die as well. https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/blog/curatorial/dying-on-their-own-terms-suicides-aboard-slave-ships

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
It's not because of one singular reason - humans. Even if you're tough enough to endure the challenges of life, people around can and will multiply you by zero.
Wdym?

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
it's important to remember that some on these conditions did kill themselves. I used to tell myself that but after reading some stuff, I found that it is not that "black and white". Sure, Many on these conditions choose to keep going. But there is a small share who chose to die as well. https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/blog/curatorial/dying-on-their-own-terms-suicides-aboard-slave-ships
I was mainly using it as an example but it also proves my point. Accepting your circumstances doesn't always bring you peace as evidenced by those who committed suicide on the slave ships. They knew that acceptance meant pain.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I would if I just had luck job wise, and maybe finding 2-3 friends, but it seems all impossibile for me ahah. A normal payed job, 2-3 friends, and I would be satisfied, and another 50 years will pass fast, but apparently is asking for too much, I'm not even worth that
You are worth that. I agree a good job and good friends would really make a difference in quality of life

• Hugs
Reactions: LostInTheWoods
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
The poor dog can't read nor realize that it can escape through suicide. Of course the dog is not at peace but suffering immensely.Imo other animals don't even know they will die.

I won't accept getting hit by life , other humans, ideological cults, society , government, nothing....

I have consciousness and the will to escape that by suicide .

I know I don't have to accept any hits nor any of suffering.I know I can escape through suicide and I will

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If there's no way out- for whatever reason- eg. we feel compelled to carry on for the sake of loved ones. We know practically that we likely won't CTB in the foreseeable future- eg. for lack of reliable, peaceful methods, fear of an attempt failing etc. And if we know we also don't have the energy or resources to try and improve our situations, maybe we could be more at peace with trying to accept our circumstances. But, I guess it depends on how much someone is suffering. It's hard to put up with chronic pain for example.

Accepting your situation can also trap you where you are. That's ok if you can be genuinely content to stay there but if you're not, it can just lead to further anguish later down the line. As in- I'm still alive and still in this miserable situation because I didn't make any effort to improve it- because I 'settled'.

As awful as it is, being unhappy/depressed I think is similar to physical pain in that regard. It's our system telling us there's something wrong in our life. What's wrong likely depends on the person and what they want/need in life but- ignoring that and settling isn't always for the best I think.

Sometimes, I just think it kicks the can further down the road and when we catch up with it again, we now additionally have remorse that we didn't act on those feelings when they first came up.

Of course, the really shit part is when you have a strong suspicion that your problems aren't particularly solvable. I imagine that is the case for most people here. Then, I guess it really is a case of- am I willing to put up with whatever life this is? Not everyone is.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I hate the idea of me voluntarily accepting life as it is. I will never voluntarily accept life as it is. I will always wish to escape life by being dead

L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
Around 30 was about the time I lost what I thought were friends. 30 is a fuckin hard age
30 is a age in which you're still young but you start to pick up what you planted in the years before if you reach 30 with nothing then it's quite impossibile to reach something meaningful

Reactions: divinemistress36
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think it is possible to accept life as it is up to some point and be at peace with the facts but beyond a certain point that becomes more and more difficult. In my case I suffer from a big failure that makes me suicidal but things calmed down for now, I'm not happy with my life as it is, it won't get any better but as long as it doesn't get worse, I can live with it for now and also I became much less suicidal. That can change depending on the situation.

vadim

vadim

Disqualified From Being Human
Aug 10, 2023
I honestly think I could make peace with shit life syndrome as long as I had good friends. I'd be fine with working a miserable job all my life, I'd even be okay with renting with 7 other people until I die (because like many in my generation, I'll almost certainly never own a house or be able to afford to retire). Makes sense considering that humans are social animals. If only I weren't irremediably defective socially and unable to connect with a single human being no matter how hard I try.