• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

restinpeace2

restinpeace2

May 28, 2024
I want to explain all I've been through in the clearest possible way. I am a young adult who has been struggling for a while. I was forced to start living on my own for the last 6 months when I truly wasn't ready. I had to move out due to personal differences between my parent hence I was threatened with Homelessness because of being NEET, plus we didn't get on in general. We didn't have a good relationship for various reasons but mostly as I wasn't like my peers in education or employment. I wish I never had to move out this way. I stayed in a Women's Domestic Victims Refuge for some months, and then now in a council temporary accommodation.

Upon leaving Refuge, you can choose any council to make a homeless application to. Then they conduct their own assessment and place you in temporary accommodation for however long it takes. As I am in temporary accommodation though grateful to have a place to stay, I really wish I wasn't going through this. I don't like how I have to wait for such a long time and become very anxious. I wish I was living in a house with parental support still. I really hate living like this. I miss living in a house like a family with separate rooms and others, not alone in a studio. I don't have anyone to support me. I am depressed and unemployed while living on Universal Credit and Housing Benefit which saddens me. I would rather have been still living at home, not like this. (I'm not able to go back of course).

I struggle with adjusting to new things in general, and especially being in a new location. It's just hard for me. Things such as having to go to the launderette as there isn't a communal washer or dryer within the building really stresses me. I've had to complain about my upstairs neighbour being noisy as well, I can hear their movements every time and it's distressing. Communicating with The Council in general is a nightmare they either don't reply or reply later or don't have an answer. I don't think I can cope. I have a case worker from a young women's charity and they help me communicate with the Council sometimes, but sometimes the council doesn't reply to us. I just really need a close friend that can support me and talk to. Practical as well as emotional support.

Being on a waiting list for Council accommodation can take years to bid and sometimes it's not a guarantee due to the high demand for social housing. They said I'm eligible for a studio flat and I have to stay in this temporary accommodation or I'd be homeless. I have not even been informed of the bidding process though they said the housing register team will need need contact me and do an assessment. All these things are making me lose my mind. I don't know how long I'd be here plus having to wait for goodness knows how long is making me extremely distressed. I don't have an alternative even though I don't want to be here. I really wish I had a family member or good friend I could live with instead, but I don't. Waiting on the council is making me lose my mind.

Things keep getting worse as I continue each day. I don't feel like I can do this all alone. If I knew someone I could have moved in with I wouldn't have been living like this. I wish I could have a break from my problems right now. I wish there was an alternative way.

I still needed time, patience while being in the security of a family home. I wish I had someone like a close friend to support. I always wish to be taken under someone's wing. To be offered guidance.