Mellowmood

Mellowmood

Oct 13, 2020
So for my first thread I wanted to make one about stuff that we should prepare and consider before CTB for people who care about what happens after your death.
Here's a list I made to give you an idea of what I mean by that:

• Farewell letter
  • Instructions about what to do with your body
  • Giving away valuable stuff to people.
  • How to spend the money you might have
  • Encrypting your device's memory drive if you dont want people to access your data saved.
  • Funeral plans
  • organ donation
  • a "do not ressucitate" order in case people find your body too early
  • Define who can access to your medical files and other

So that's what I have so far and I'm probably missing some stuff but that's why I made this thread, to complete this list.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 13412, lofistos345, lonelymountaingirl and 5 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Paradoxically if I required a list like that I probably wouldn't want to ctb in the first place.
No one truly cares about me.
In fact people are actively making my life a living nightmare.

" a "do not ressucitate" order in case people find your body too early""
I'm sorry but that sounds a little naive.
I cant see people just letting you die.
Everyone is just too pro life.

• Aww..
Reactions: hello5048, woxihuanni, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 7 others
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
So for my first thread I wanted to make one about stuff that we should prepare and consider before CTB for people who care about what happens after your death.

• Farewell letter
  • Encrypting your device's memory drive if you dont want people to access your data saved.
  • Funeral plans
  • organ donation

So that's what I have so far and I'm probably missing some stuff but that's why I made this thread, to complete this list.
I've done all this, except for sorting out all my files on my laptops. I don't want a funeral. I keep my will and living will updated regularly - I also made detailed notes of what can be found where for the executor of my will. I made notes that list my NI number, tax ref number, how many bank accounts I have, with which banks, etc etc. I want to cause as little inconvenience as possible. However I won't be leaving a farewell note as I have nothing to say to anyone. I'm "fortunate" in the sense my not being here won't affect anyone. I'm really the perfect candidate, I just need a way out.

Mellowmood

Mellowmood

Oct 13, 2020
Paradoxically if I required a list like that I probably wouldn't want to ctb in the first place.
No one truly cares about me.
In fact people are actively making my life a living nightmare.

" a "do not ressucitate" order in case people find your body too early""
I'm sorry but that sounds a little naive.
I cant see people just letting you die.
Everyone is just too pro life.
In my country your can make a paper with your doc what to do if you're in a coma like unplug be you.

Reactions: StateOfMind
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
In my country your can make a paper with your doc what to do if you're in a coma like unplug be you.
I feel like that would raise suspicion.
But I might just be a little paranoid.

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
  • Tidy up my room
  • Sell items that may be worth something (help pay for the funeral)
  • Set up delayed email (already written it)
  • Decide when and where I will CTB
  • Take passport with me to location where I do it
  • Wipe my phone and laptop

Unfortunately from what I have read, DNRs are not respected with suicide attempts. One reason being that the majority of medics are pro life. Also what if an innocent person was murdered to look like suicide? There is a chance this may be the case for some cases.

Also unfortunately some suicides damage your body too much for organ donation, such as SN, so maybe check which methods allow organ donation?

Reactions: elfgyoza
T

ts0hill

Victim of the pharmaceutical industry
Oct 17, 2020

• Farewell letter
  • Funeral plans
  • organ donation

Hi
how can you define who can acesss ur medical files and stuff? Do you mean leaving this stuff in a note or will? I was thinking if I ever did ctb to text the police where my sucide was and that I was an organ donor before I pulled the trigger so that they can harvest me in time lol.
Also just wondering, by encrypting ur devices memory drive does this mean wiping all your data? I have a apple phone and computer and an iCloud account.. I was going to delete my iCloud account and wipe my phone and computer if i ever cbt.
Sorry for all the questions
Unfortunately from what I have read, DNRs are not respected with suicide attempts.
Are you saying that if they found out it was a suicide they might not want to do an organ donation?

Last edited:
L

lofistos345

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019

• Farewell letter
  • Funeral plans
  • organ donation

Nice list

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
a "do not ressucitate" order in case people find your body too early
Those are ignored by paramedics in all but two states in the U.S. according to my research and also ignored by most hospitals.
In fact they do nothing unless possibly you are in hospice care. That was my disappointing findings when I looked into this.

Their jobs are to save people's lives and they do not stand by and let people die even with DNR orders. It's very upsetting.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Nimbus

Nimbus

Hanging on is hard
Dec 2, 2019
2 things here:
- a DNR order must be signed by a physician and as others have said, are typically not honored by EMTs in emergency situations
- Organ donation can only take place if you are in a hospital and on a ventilator (majority of organ donation cases are due to brain death) but if your method could potentially result in that situation then go for it. I'm an organ donor myself. There's also tissue and eye donation, which is much more common and doesn't have the same restrictions (hospital, ventilator). It helps a lot of people too (e.g. heart valves, ACL repairs, skin for burn victims). Usually covered when you sign up for organ donation but always best to specify that you are willing to be a tissue & eye donor.

Reactions: specklenought and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
specklenought

specklenought

Internet Cry Baby
Oct 2, 2020
Yeah I was gonna say the organ donation thing isn't going to work if you're CTBing and going to be found already dead.

Reactions: Lupgevif
Mellowmood

Mellowmood

Oct 13, 2020
Hi
how can you define who can acesss ur medical files and stuff? Do you mean leaving this stuff in a note or will? I was thinking if I ever did ctb to text the police where my sucide was and that I was an organ donor before I pulled the trigger so that they can harvest me in time lol.
Also just wondering, by encrypting ur devices memory drive does this mean wiping all your data? I have a apple phone and computer and an iCloud account.. I was going to delete my iCloud account and wipe my phone and computer if i ever cbt.
Sorry for all the questions
For the medical files I have to look withy doctor, if nothing is defined every close family members would have access to EVERYTHING in my country.

From what I know about data storage is that unencrypted wiped data can be recovered if one can physically access the drives and give it to a data recovery company. But if you encrypt the whole drive well there's nothing one can do since you die with the encryption key if you didn't wrote it down anywhere.