• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

teajay1

teajay1

crazy cat lady
Mar 27, 2024
my cat is the only thing that makes me happy he knows when i'm sad and cuddles into me and he's kept me going for SOOOO long and he's such a good cat. the downside is that he has very smelly urine and he keeps peeing outside of his box in the basement. the landlady is coming to inspect and i think somebody who lives with me who doesn't like me said something to her about it. i spend sooo much time caring for this cat!!!! she's coming in FOUR DAYS and i have to work today and tomorrow!!! if i lose my kitty i'll lose my mind ill definitely be pushing closer to ctb

QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Experienced
Jul 29, 2023
If those specialized enzyme cleaners are out of reach I've had success in the past using just 1 part vinegar to 1 part water and you want to avoid using anything with ammonia in it because it can make the problem worse and cause the cat to pee where they smell that ammonia.

Also, you can try vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, Dawn dish soap, and water. Let it soak for a bit then pour some baking soda on the spots to further absorb the smell before letting it dry and sweeping it up. Or if you have a shop vac handy you can try that too.

If he's a young male cat he could be marking his territory but if he's an older male cat it could be health problems or he hates his litter box. Maybe plan a vet visit in the future to see what they suggest.

voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
Just a wild idea which I've read several times on Reddit but maybe get a note from a doctor or however it's done so your cat becomes an Emotional Service Animal (ESA). Apparently landlords can't evict you because of that and ESA don't require training.

First Google result: https://www.turbotenant.com/blog/emotional-support-animal-laws/

May vary with state? Not an American resident so I don't know.
But look into that option!

teajay1

teajay1

crazy cat lady
Mar 27, 2024
yes i have enzyme sprays they work very well. i work so hard keeping the smell down and every time he goes outside i keep it clean. ive looked into making him an emotional support animal, i would need a recommendation from s therapist which i haven't been to in a while. online certifications don't pass well in court from what i've heard so i need it in writing from somebody i actually see. every time i tell my parents about the ESA plan they aren't too supportive thinking it would cause legal trouble or something but i know it's for the best :(

he has been to the vet for this. he just has stinky urine. he goes in the box like a normal cat, it's just after 12 hours he starts to protest it. also he's a big kitty so he has a big box and an entire litter change is a wholeeee container. i keep it clean but there's only so much i can do, eventually it will get dirty enough when i'm away and he goes out and i have to clean it. i work 40+ hours a week

voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
You should really get that ESA label for him, is there anything preventing you from making an appointment with your/a therapist in the near future regarding this?
In the meantime are there any friends or any family that would be able to care for him should the worst case happen and they require you to re-home him?

teajay1

teajay1

crazy cat lady
Mar 27, 2024
You should really get that ESA label for him, is there anything preventing you from making an appointment with your/a therapist in the near future regarding this?
In the meantime are there any friends or any family that would be able to care for him should the worst case happen and they require you to re-home him?
i don't have any friends and my only other family is my brother across the country. i do need to get that for him :( i cant lose him. im scrubbing every inch of the floor all day when i'm off work finally

voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
i don't have any friends and my only other family is my brother across the country. i do need to get that for him :( i cant lose him. im scrubbing every inch of the floor all day when i'm off work finally
I have two cats myself and know how much they must mean to you, losing them just isn't an option :(
And I've read a bit about your background and your family, it's awful that you couldn't even turn to your mother. I really hope you'll be able to get that ESA letter soon, to keep your boy protected.
And maybe, I don't have enough background info on this from your post, let him get checked by a vet. It's not typical that cats pee outside of their litter box, if he has issues aiming then that's not too concerning but everything else could hint at a problem. Male cats are more prone to kidney issues, especially if you're mainly feeding kibble/dry food.

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I have two cats myself and know how much they must mean to you, losing them just isn't an option :(
And I've read a bit about your background and your family, it's awful that you couldn't even turn to your mother. I really hope you'll be able to get that ESA letter soon, to keep your boy protected.
And maybe, I don't have enough background info on this from your post, let him get checked by a vet. It's not typical that cats pee outside of their litter box, if he has issues aiming then that's not too concerning but everything else could hint at a problem. Male cats are more prone to kidney issues, especially if you're mainly feeding kibble/dry food.
I second the kidney issues, I recommend following voidstar's advice. A bond between a human and a cat can be so strong. I really emphasise with your situation, please do all you can to not let him go. Getting the ESA is the best course of action to guarantee he is with you and protected. Best of luck friend, it will all be okay 🫂

IonicLemon69

IonicLemon69

Just Hangin’ Around
Jan 27, 2024
I'm sorry, I have 3 cats & they are my babies. You mentioned hes a big cat & has smelly litter, does his box have a lid on it? My cat used to have issues with peeing outside the box. I think she found if it was too dirty & smelly for her liking she would just go wherever, hence the peeing outside the box. Now I've taken the lid off I never have this issue. Good luck with your furbabies :)!!

natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
Good luck cleaning, I hope you'll get to keep him. Also screw that landlady!

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
@teajay1 I somehow missed the last part of your reply where you explained that he only does it after you've been gone for a while.
Where exactly does he pee when his box is 'dirty' in his eyes? Far away from the box or right next to it? And is the litter box actually in need of cleaning or could it be that he might have abandonment issues? Peeing could be a sign of that.
Oh and does his litter box have a top/lid or is it just the lower part?
Sorry for all of these questions but I'm trying to see if there might be a solution to the whole issue.

Last edited:
teajay1

teajay1

crazy cat lady
Mar 27, 2024
he pees next to the box and ive taken him to the vet. so i'm like pretty sure he just contests it when it's been used a few times. when it's perfectly clean he will go no problem. also no straining and he goes perfectly fine. im just praying the landlady doesn't smell anything!! im spending my entire free time scrubbing the floor. i cant lose my kitty i'll hurt myself

• Hugs
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Can you use potty pads around the box to soak up urine that you can discard when you get home? The Target brand pads are excellent.

Bad kitty acting up! Getting their mama in trouble because she has to work long hours! 😹

voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
I'd second Little_Suzy's idea then with some pads or something similar around the box. I'm not sure how much they are but there's puppy training pads that should soak up a good amount without giving away any smell. Or maybe there are even better solutions - we're using a few very flat plastic things that you put below your plant pots to catch water, those also come in huge sizes and might be an idea to use?
I'm glad that it seems that the little bugger is otherwise healthy and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out.

voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
Heya just checking in, did you manage to clean the floors? And how are you doing?

teajay1

teajay1

crazy cat lady
Mar 27, 2024
THEY SAID ITS SCTUALLY TOMORROW SHES COMING AND NOT THE DAY AFTER. i called off work and i'm sweeping and mopping floor like CRAZY and i bought so much cleaner i'm panicking :(((
the floor looks so pretty though i swept and mopped it a lot of times out of panic and now i'm using natures miracle rn on spots i know for sure he went outside the litter. i've never used it on hard floor so i hope it works. i think after this ill take a break though and check later… it needs to be spotless and smell free by 9am cst tomorrow

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: voidstar
voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
That's... not great :( I'm so sorry about this unexpected turn of events.
But try to keep focused on the task at hand, to clean the floor and eliminate any urin traces that might be obvious. I know it's hard and I know you're just so damn worried about your cat but it's important to keep focused for now. One step after the other and then shift your focus to getting that ESA letter for your boy.

teajay1

teajay1

crazy cat lady
Mar 27, 2024
well it's over. i can't have my cat anymore :( he's all i have left all im living for i don't want to wait anymore i just want to die :( i'm gonna attempt tonight

edit: another update an hour later i am allowed to keep him outside but i don't know how that's gonna go. he's scared of the outside he's never been out for more than a minute. he runs back in crying. i've never met a cat scared of the outside but hes fine in a car. seriously he loves the car but hates the outside. he's gonna be in my car and i'm gonna live outside with him, if i get kicked out of my house for this decision i don't have many belongings to begin with, i will shower at gym. i am going to buy battery powered air conditioning so when i'm at work my kitty is safe from the heat inside my car. he's scared of the outside so i don't want to rush him out. maybe i'll even buy a new beater car to live in with my kitty. maybe a bigger camper van or something. i think i have enough for my own apartment but i'm scared of that rent is so much, would be so much cheaper for me to live in a car (even a brand new one seriously)

either way my dad said i can just move out if i don't like it so i'm doing exactly that because i'll ctb without my sweet boy :(

Last edited: