• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
They stole our right to escape extreme torture

A human should have the right to escape unbearable pain or extreme suffering .

A suicide method that is guaranteed , painless, quick and easy would allow anyone to move away from suffering , pain , torture or problems if they want to

Many people are suffering with no easy , quick, guaranteed way to escape unbearable pain

They made Nembutal, assisting suicide, cyanide capsules, suicide kits, suicide booths crimes,

it's so unfair. some of us are suffering extreme torture or will soon . why won't they let us suicide to escape unbearable pain and suffering? they should. we are all going to die anyway.

Nembutal should be available to all for purchase online with no prescription required. a few clicks take a drink of 15 grams of wonderful Nembutal and all your problems solved instantly and forever , no suffering no pain no problems ever again ... one drink fall blisfully asleep in 5 minutes no more problems ever. see videos below of people Drinking Nembutal

The arrested A, N from D . the only one that was giving people a way to escape torture with zero pain.

And also arrested Kenneth law, Dr kevorkian anyone that was helping people move away from suffering. they are pure evil for torturing people

They restricted SN and in the USA are trying to pass a law to make it illegal to sell SN to individuals. this is the worst country

All because of them People have to take risks with dangerous risky methods that are painful and could leave one disabled or brain damaged but alive

They say life is so good. if any of them suffered 1/1000 th the horrors i know can happen or like is happening to many they would kill themselves today. or if they even realized that there was 1 % chance of that kind of suffering happening to them

Old age is horrible beyond belief. i worked in a nursing home. most people will get very old with no way out.

just one horror out of 100's of old age. there is a very high risk of falling ( not good balance etc) which can cause more brain damage constant pain , and dementia. dementia , deterioration will happen anyway as that is old age. the law of Entropy cannot be overcome . atrhritis trouble breathing are common, needing aid with simple tasks etc.

No one would allow an animal that is suffering extreme pain to keep suffering but they keep us humans suffering torture. and if we say we want the pain to stop they lock us in mental hospitals saying we are mentally ill. no it's a rational analysis pain outweighs any supposed good or pleasurable garbage. who would trade 6 hours of the most unbearable pain for something? i bet they wouldn't but they want to torture and gaslight us.

What don't they get about that we are all going to die anyway. life is meaningless suffering but they want to keep us suffering here for what? to be slaves

I don't know who wouldn't take that drink. I'd rather take a drink than work all day , groceries, chores , take out trash problems stress every day and that's just every day low level suffering that sucks also not to mention the extreme torture possible and waiting to spring

I've witnessed the most unimaginable pains and horrors that can happen to anyone.

Even on this site i've communicated with several people in PM that are suffering extreme torture. if anyone could realize that there would be a 1% chance of 1/1000tht that kind of suffering they would kill themselves today. well not anyone but any rational human not the pro-life idiots. I can't help them the ones in excruciating constant pain i can't even help myself i haven't been able to decide on a single risky diy method

Name one human that lived a long time that didn't suffer. most animals died horrible deaths trillions of them eaten alive by parasites, diseases, injuries other animals . most humans will get very old and suffer even now with all the tech . but they are denied the most important tech Nembutal , suicide booths etc on purpose this is kept from us.

The USA is the worst country. Even now the U.S. congress are about to pass a law to ban the sale of SN to individuals. could be sooner but at most 6 months imo fully pass it.

The USA government got D arrested . D / A who sold Nembutal online " N from D" . The U.S. governemnt stole everyone in the world's right to buy Nembutal from D online. D was selling Nembutal online for many years before that, here and in the PPH people were buying Nembutal online easily .

The USA government arrested Dr kevorkian made Nembutal a crime , made assisting others with suicide a crime. made suicide booths a crime

Last edited:
Reactions: myusername890, babyharpseal, dolemitedrums and 22 others
needthebus

needthebus

Apr 29, 2024
I believe religion exists as a form of class control to help the wealthy class control the lower classes.

Almost every religion says "Don't rebel now and be good. If you work like a slave, heaven awaits. if you rebel and are bad, hell awaits." I think religions also added in a bunch of stuff that lower class people agreed with so they would be more likely to accept the fantasy.

They hate suicide because religion says it's bad, and religion says it's bad because wealthy people couldn't control poor people without religion.

Also, allowing suicide denies that the wealthy and the government control and ownership of the bodies of their workers. They want complete and total control and if someone takes their own life, they don't have power over them.

It also upsets the people who are still left and alive when someone chooses to die.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, katyusha_kat, smvrtsa and 10 others
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
the question is what do you intend to do about having your birthright stolen and being turned into a slave race

Reactions: smvrtsa, davidtorez, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
I know, it's truly so horrific how there isn't the option to just easily die in peace even know existing really is just pointless suffering with no limit as to how much one can suffer, under no circumstances would I ever wish for something so futile and torturous as existence.

It terrifies me how one can feel such immense agony and suffer to such extreme amounts yet not die, I'd always prefer to peacefully not exist than to be trapped in this existence for decades just to be tortured by old age, to me existence itself truly is nothing more than an unnecessary harm that I see as best avoided no matter what.

It's such a devastating crime and unacceptable tragedy how humans procreate even know we literally exist in hell yet do all they can to make existence into a prison where one cannot painlessly escape, it's truly so evil. Access to painless death needs to be a human right no matter what as not everyone wants to suffer in this hellish, undesirable existence that serves no function but to cause unnecessary suffering until one dies anyway.

Reactions: myusername890, davidtorez, Fall_Apart and 5 others
assisted

assisted

🍄
Jul 7, 2022
Why would they care? When have they ever cared? Why would they want everyone to start killing themselves? There's no incentive to this for them. Quite the opposite. They have everything. They have money. They have power. They have control. The only thing they don't have is love. They get off on torturing us instead.

Reactions: avalonisburning, davidtorez, leland and 3 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I never understand this view. Maybe the UK is just more ruthless than the US.

Here our government doesn't care about suicide at all. They closed down or defunded most suicide prevention schemes, made it difficult to see doctors and recently even made it practically impossible to meet a therapist unless you can survive upwards of 18 months waiting. There is little hope of people getting better here.

Reactions: davidtorez and Nettles
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Here our government doesn't care about suicide at all.
in 2021/22, the NHS spent ÂŁ12 billion on mental health services in England,

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: davidtorez, DeIetedUser4739, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
T

TheDruBo

Orange, I guess.
Jan 25, 2024
Your post reminded me of this scene in 'The Premature Burial.' >>>

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I hate the exclusivity of peaceful death. Why should it only be available to those with access to the Swiss clinic with *the right* conditions, as decided by someone that's not got your body and your headspace, doesn't live your experiences. Why should people have to travel to Peru? My sister in law is Belgian and she will be able to end her life painlessly when she wants to. That's just wrong. It shouldn't depend on your nationality, age, anything. Someone could benefit from my body right now who wanted it. They could use my heart or other organs. I could even be used as fuel. But no…. On we go, suffering coz people fancy themselves at playing god.

Reactions: smvrtsa, davidtorez, sadandlonely99 and 7 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Death is white, not darkness.
Apr 17, 2023
Damn them all to Hell, Michigan.

Reactions: davidtorez and darkenmydoorstep
T

ThisGameIsOverrated

I need RCs
May 6, 2024
I don't think they get off on torturing us, they just see us quite literally like cattle. To the elite the common person is just an expendable to make them richer or go to war for them or vote for them etc. It's not that they want us to suffer per se, they just don't care if we do. If you suffer but keeping you around is more profitable since you contribute to the economy by working and consuming, keeping you alive is great but if you're living off government assisted welfare with a disability rendering you unable to work then they're all for letting you get assisted suicide. Assisted suicide will never be genuinely for the benefit of people as long as governments exist and even if we're a little successful in campaigning for assisted suicide everywhere, it'll just be for "undesirables" like the disabled, the elderly, LGBT people in queerphobic countries etc.

Reactions: smvrtsa, davidtorez, darkenmydoorstep and 3 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Aug 12, 2019
I hate the exclusivity of peaceful death. Why should it only be available to those with access to the Swiss clinic with *the right* conditions, as decided by someone that's not got your body and your headspace, doesn't live your experiences. Why should people have to travel to Peru? My sister in law is Belgian and she will be able to end her life painlessly when she wants to. That's just wrong. It shouldn't depend on your nationality, age, anything. Someone could benefit from my body right now who wanted it. They could use my heart or other organs. I could even be used as fuel. But no…. On we go, suffering coz people fancy themselves at playing god.
The USA is the worst country. Even now the U.S. congress are about to pass a law to ban the sale of SN to individuals. could be sooner but at most 6 months imo fully pass it.

The USA government got D arrested . D / A who sold Nembutal online " N from D" . The U.S. governemnt stole everyone in the world's right to buy Nembutal from D online. D was selling Nembutal online for many years before that, here and in the PPH people were buying Nembutal online easily .

The USA government arrested Dr kevorkian made Nembutal a crime , made assisting others with suicide a crime. made suicide booths a crime

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Talvikki, davidtorez, DeIetedUser4739 and 4 others
M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021

A suicide method that is guaranteed , painless, quick and easy would allow anyone to move away from suffering , pain , torture or problems if they want to

Many people are suffering with no easy , quick, guaranteed way to escape unbearable pain

They made Nembutal, assisting suicide, cyanide capsules, suicide kits, suicide booths crimes,

it's so unfair. some of us are suffering extreme torture or will soon . why won't they let us suicide to escape unbearable pain and suffering? they should. we are all going to die anyway.

Nembutal should be available to all for purchase online with no prescription required. a few clicks take a drink of 15 grams of wonderful Nembutal and all your problems solved instantly and forever , no suffering no pain no problems ever again ... one drink fall blisfully asleep in 5 minutes no more problems ever. see videos below of people Drinking Nembutal

The arrested A, N from D . the only one that was giving people a way to escape torture with zero pain.

And also arrested Kenneth law, Dr kevorkian anyone that was helping people move away from suffering. they are pure evil for torturing people

They restricted SN and in the USA are trying to pass a law to make it illegal to sell SN to individuals. this is the worst country

All because of them People have to take risks with dangerous risky methods that are painful and could leave one disabled or brain damaged but alive

They say life is so good. if any of them suffered 1/1000 th the horrors i know can happen or like is happening to many they would kill themselves today. or if they even realized that there was 1 % chance of that kind of suffering happening to them

Old age is horrible beyond belief. i worked in a nursing home. most people will get very old with no way out.

just one horror out of 100's of old age. there is a very high risk of falling ( not good balance etc) which can cause more brain damage constant pain , and dementia. dementia , deterioration will happen anyway as that is old age. the law of Entropy cannot be overcome . atrhritis trouble breathing are common, needing aid with simple tasks etc.

No one would allow an animal that is suffering extreme pain to keep suffering but they keep us humans suffering torture. and if we say we want the pain to stop they lock us in mental hospitals saying we are mentally ill. no it's a rational analysis pain outweighs any supposed good or pleasurable garbage. who would trade 6 hours of the most unbearable pain for something? i bet they wouldn't but they want to torture and gaslight us.

What don't they get about that we are all going to die anyway. life is meaningless suffering but they want to keep us suffering here for what? to be slaves

I don't know who wouldn't take that drink. I'd rather take a drink than work all day , groceries, chores , take out trash problems stress every day and that's just every day low level suffering that sucks also not to mention the extreme torture possible and waiting to spring

I've witnessed the most unimaginable pains and horrors that can happen to anyone.

Even on this site i've communicated with several people in PM that are suffering extreme torture. if anyone could realize that there would be a 1% chance of 1/1000tht that kind of suffering they would kill themselves today. well not anyone but any rational human not the pro-life idiots. I can't help them the ones in excruciating constant pain i can't even help myself i haven't been able to decide on a single risky diy method

Name one human that lived a long time that didn't suffer. most animals died horrible deaths trillions of them eaten alive by parasites, diseases, injuries other animals . most humans will get very old and suffer even now with all the tech . but they are denied the most important tech Nembutal , suicide booths etc on purpose this is kept from us.

In most US states one has easy access to guns, that is a safe method. And it's the most popular one for CTB.
I don't think they get off on torturing us, they just see us quite literally like cattle. To the elite the common person is just an expendable to make them richer or go to war for them or vote for them etc. It's not that they want us to suffer per se, they just don't care if we do. If you suffer but keeping you around is more profitable since you contribute to the economy by working and consuming, keeping you alive is great but if you're living off government assisted welfare with a disability rendering you unable to work then they're all for letting you get assisted suicide. Assisted suicide will never be genuinely for the benefit of people as long as governments exist and even if we're a little successful in campaigning for assisted suicide everywhere, it'll just be for "undesirables" like the disabled, the elderly, LGBT people in queerphobic countries etc.
No offence, but that's too much of conspiracy type fantasy like government is making everyone infertile or gay, the moon landing is faked...

Every group or collective identity (be it tribe, nation, civilization) is programmed like everybeing in nature to survive and procreate (expand). This goes against the narrative to support suicide of one member.
The US government in this case is following the sentiment of a majority of the American population that also sees suicide a mental illness or something bad. Some are also influenced by Christianity's (negative) view on suicide.

there is no big conspiracy of enslaving behind it. But it's true that society or humans in general do not care deeply about others. Humans are selfish in their DNA and that's part of nature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archness, davidtorez, DeIetedUser4739 and 1 other person
Nettles

Nettles

May 8, 2024
I never understand this view. Maybe the UK is just more ruthless than the US.

Here our government doesn't care about suicide at all. They closed down or defunded most suicide prevention schemes, made it difficult to see doctors and recently even made it practically impossible to meet a therapist unless you can survive upwards of 18 months waiting. There is little hope of people getting better here.
Had no idea about the situation in GB. As a Swedish citizen in my region, I have to wait 2 months to see a psychiatrist but if I go to the Psychiatric emergency unit I'll see a psychiatrist in a few hours time but the resources to be committed are limited since they've cut down. It's not perfect here either, often you after an Emergency visit is dropped with new meds and no follow up. There's seldom any follow up at all, you have to fight yourself. I see a psychologist and last time in 2022 when I saw her I got 25 sessions financed but this year they've cut it down to 20. If I need more doesn't matter, then I have to either pay for it myself or wait 3 months to get in the system again but that's only the psychologist treatment. Bare with me since English is my second language🙏

Reactions: davidtorez and darkenmydoorstep
A

All_is_in_vanity

Jan 9, 2023
I mean this in full respect and don't intend to harm anyone but, What I don't get OP is why you even use the word "want" in this entire little rant when you obviously believe life is objectively shit. Can the whole anti life community stop this, it's annoying. Just come out and say it. All people should kill themselves, all animals should be euthanized, etc etc. stop trying to pander to everyone. There is not "if they want to" you can't call pro lifers delusional then give them a choice. Either hate them fully or don't. We get it, life is evil and shouldn't exist,
This escpicially pisses me off. Because it's true yet you still act like it's some choice. Suicide is not a choice, it's an obligation.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Aug 12, 2019
I mean this in full respect and don't intend to harm anyone but, What I don't get OP is why you even use the word "want" in this entire little rant when you obviously believe life is objectively shit. Can the whole anti life community stop this, it's annoying. Just come out and say it. All people should kill themselves, all animals should be euthanized, etc etc. stop trying to pander to everyone. There is not "if they want to" you can't call pro lifers delusional then give them a choice. Either hate them fully or don't. We get it, life is evil and shouldn't exist,

This escpicially pisses me off. Because it's true yet you still act like it's some choice. Suicide is not a choice, it's an obligation.
my morality is that i should avoid extreme pain for myself. do you wish to do that for yourself?

to me extreme pain can be so bad it makes everything else meaningless. what is worth to you to go through 8 hours of the most excruciating torture pain? what do you think it is worth it for me or anyone to go through that kind of unbearable pain ? how many minutes hours of roasting in a brazen bull should someone have to go through for what a sandwich, a youtube video what?

if i'm going to go through the worst torture am i supposed to think life is something good? so yeah i think life is evil.

i don't think any suffering at all is worth anything . life is meaningless suffering . why should i suffer or go

through any pain at all . there is no reason.

0:00
this video discusses the moral priority

0:02
that we should place on preventing

0:04
extreme forms of suffering compared with

0:07
advancing other kinds of values I'll

0:10
show some graphic pictures and videos

0:13
during this presentation but I think

0:15
it's important to see suffering in its

0:17
raw form to appreciate how bad it can be

0:19
and what I show is just a fraction of

0:22
what you can find online to further

0:24
bolster the sentiment

I just rewatched Speciesism: The Movie (2013) after a few years. There was an intense scene (16:37) interviewing the main character's father about what it's like living with severe chronic pain (after a horrible accident that involved braking his neck and back in several places and pulling his left hip out of its socket). Here's a powerful quote from him relatable to the badness and incompensability of (extreme) suffering-moments:"When you cut your finger and you feel that terrible, excruciating pain, the world disappears. The world is gone. You've only cut your little pinky, and its a tiny, tiny little cut that in a matter of moments will be done. But for the moment that you feel that pain, the world is gone. All you feel is that terrible, terrible pain. It's the only universe, the only world you have, and it's all yours, and you're locked in, and everybody else is gone. The problem is when you feel that type of pain endlessly, and you can't escape it. It begins to transform who you are. You begin to lose whatever special thing there is within us that makes life worth living."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Talvikki, davidtorez, darkenmydoorstep and 1 other person
A

All_is_in_vanity

Jan 9, 2023
my morality is that i should avoid extreme pain for myself. do you wish to do that for yourself?

to me extreme pain can be so bad it makes everything else meaningless. what is worth to you to go through 8 hours of the most excruciating torture pain? what do you think it is worth it for me or anyone to go through that kind of unbearable pain ? how many minutes hours of roasting in a brazen bull should someone have to go through for what a sandwich, a youtube video what?

if i'm going to go through the worst torture am i supposed to think life is something good? so yeah i think life is evil.

i don't think any suffering at all is worth anything . life is meaningless suffering . why should i suffer or go

bolster the sentiment

I just rewatched Speciesism: The Movie (2013) after a few years. There was an intense scene (16:37) interviewing the main character's father about what it's like living with severe chronic pain (after a horrible accident that involved braking his neck and back in several places and pulling his left hip out of its socket). Here's a powerful quote from him relatable to the badness and incompensability of (extreme) suffering-moments:"When you cut your finger and you feel that terrible, excruciating pain, the world disappears. The world is gone. You've only cut your little pinky, and its a tiny, tiny little cut that in a matter of moments will be done. But for the moment that you feel that pain, the world is gone. All you feel is that terrible, terrible pain. It's the only universe, the only world you have, and it's all yours, and you're locked in, and everybody else is gone. The problem is when you feel that type of pain endlessly, and you can't escape it. It begins to transform who you are. You begin to lose whatever special thing there is within us that makes life worth living."

Exactly. You're proving my point. Stop acting like people have a choice. All the stuff you just provided proves suicide is a moral obligation for ALL because ALL can suffer horribly hence suicide is an obligation not a "choice". Literally every single scentece in this little paragraph just proves that you HAVE TO kill yourself regardless of your morality. Stop saying choice, that's my issue

bolster the sentiment

Exactly. You're proving my point. Stop acting like people have a choice. All the stuff you just provided proves suicide is a moral obligation for ALL because ALL can suffer horribly hence suicide is an obligation not a "choice

A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
It seems to have been a constant since long ago, religion and state making sure some don't find an "easy" way out of their control. Religion, especially catholicism (I'm not very familiar with the details of others) is pretty much built on giving suffering value. Instead of rejecting it, it's a religion that exalts suffering, giving it meaning and purpose as a way to a better life in heaven. Basically, the instinct to go on living is inate in most living things, humans included, so some found a way to accept it.

On top of religion and state, nowadays the pharmacy industry/money also play a big role. In their old age people are expected to spend huge amounts of money on doctor's appointments, surgeries, medication, senior homes and anything else that prolongs their existence/suffering as much as possible. Poor health = lots of spent money

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
A

All_is_in_vanity

Jan 9, 2023

This is what is pissing me off the most. Just come out and say AL PEOPLE SHOULD CTB OR CBT whatever it's called. You have to agree suicide is a moral obligation right ?

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
This is what is pissing me off the most. Just come out and say AL PEOPLE SHOULD CTB OR CBT whatever it's called. You have to agree suicide is a moral obligation right ?
Aren't you the one who said that you don't believe in reducing suffering? Why say that people have a "moral obligation" to commit suicide then? I'm sorry but your logic makes no sense
I don't believe in reducing suffering.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidtorez and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I hate at how the right to die peacefully isn't exercised in society more. Why should we live when we don't want to? If we say that our lives have been lived long enough, then our lives have been lived long enough. I wish I had that peaceful drink available to me when I was around 10 years old as I would consume as much of it as I can so that I can die peacefully and happily. Unfortunately though, society wants slaves which is why they can't let us die that easily. I hate at how I have to resort to drowning instead but, you know what, I'm willing to take that risk so that I can at least have a chance to escape society. If I had a chance to say my last words, it would be "fuck you society, I'm not going to be a slave for you. You lost in trying to make me a slave to life and making me conform to the system". Death will always be significantly peaceful for me than surviving in life

Reactions: divinemistress36, davidtorez, darkenmydoorstep and 2 others
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
When i see a post about why people always try to impede suicide in a subreddit with a lot of pro life, they brought a decent point that they affraid this will be a bad precedent if we let this thing happened, like more people will follow the same thing regardless the problem that they have. On one hand im kindda agree with that statement cause we dealing with the matter of life and death, every decision we make it's going to be life changing so i found it to be reasonable that pro life was worried about that. On the otner hand if they really worried about it, then why not create a better policy regarding euthanasia, example: people with a certain condition like inevitable poverty or like that, make sure that these people actually don't have any hope. Well to summarize my point is that i agree euthanasia should've been legal everywhere, people who want to off themself should had the right to do so but we have to make a propper policy to do this so society wouldn't just off this person who's prolly still have a change to build a good life

Reactions: davidtorez
thankyouforthis

thankyouforthis

Jun 13, 2022

There are probably lots of reasons, but I think the main reason They do this is because they don't want too many of us to CTB because then there won't be anyone left to clean up after Them, cook Their meals, or buy Their shit.

Reactions: divinemistress36, davidtorez, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
Suicide is viewed pretty much exactly as it was decades ago. It shouldn't be like that I find the laws and beliefs on suicide backwards, outdated. All of this anti suicide nonsense makes me feel even worse.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, sserafim and pthnrdnojvsc
aslank98

aslank98

Nov 12, 2021
I do sometimes wonder how many people would kill themselves if something like this was available worldwide

• Love
Reactions: lizzywizzy09, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
M

malevolentdiety

Student
Mar 16, 2024
in 2021/22, the NHS spent ÂŁ12 billion on mental health services in England,
Huge advancements are being made for mental health with AI and quantum computing in the next century. As well as all the other shitty medical problems.

G

G50

Jun 28, 2023
They hate suicide because religion says it's bad, and religion says it's bad because wealthy people couldn't control poor people without religion.

Also, allowing suicide denies that the wealthy and the government control and ownership of the bodies of their workers. They want complete and total control and if someone takes their own life, they don't have power over them.

If you contend that religion is a means for the wealthy to control the poor, why would most religions be against suicide and euthanasia? Allowing old people access to euthanasia would reduce pension and healthcare costs, so is good for the economy. Allowing those with major physical or mental disabilities access to euthanasia would also reduce healthcare costs, and would rid society of people who may be claiming welfare support, but not working.

In fact, if we made euthanasia compulsory for everyone who reached retirement age, it would save a fortune, which would greatly boost economies.

I am not really sure why many religions are against suicide. I think the general idea is that religion considers life to be sacred, so by taking your own life, you are destroying something sacred. But as usual, you find a lot of contradictions in religious thinking. For example, Christianity considers our imperfect life in this physical world as resulting from original sin. So logically, with physical life seen as flawed and tainted, you might expect Christians to accept suicide as a way of resolving original sin.

Last edited:
needthebus

needthebus

Apr 29, 2024
If you contend that religion is a means for the wealthy to control the poor, why would most religions be against suicide and euthanasia? Allowing old people access to euthanasia would reduce pension and healthcare costs, so is good for the economy. Allowing those with major physical or mental disabilities access to euthanasia would also reduce healthcare costs, and would rid society of people who may be claiming welfare support, but not working.

In fact, if we made euthanasia compulsory for everyone who reached retirement age, it would save a fortune, which would greatly boost economies.

I am not really sure why many religions are against suicide. I think the general idea is that religion considers life to be sacred, so by taking your own life, you are destroying something sacred. But as usual, you find a lot of contradictions in religious thinking. For example, Christianity considers our imperfect life in this physical world as resulting from original sin. So logically, with physical life seen as flawed and tainted, you might expect Christians to accept suicide as a way of resolving original sin.

Poor people don't slaughter the rich because of fear of a never-ending hell.

Poor people labor away in horrible condition, competing against inherited wealth under the delusion that they can escape poverty, because they believe even if they stay poor, that heaven awaits. Why work that horrible 12 hour a day job in the factory if suicide is legal, easy, and morally accepted?

You are looking at this incorrectly and viewing this from a cost-savings perspective instead of from the perspective of structural control. Rich dynasties of inherited wealth do not care if something costs 30 percent more for society or improves the economy by 5 percent. Rich dynasties have created the language used to measure the economy and have detached it from notions of human happiness and rich dynasties that control the news make sure the "intelligent" middle class hears words like "costs" and "economy" enough that it knows what to parrot to show "intelligence."

If religion said people could die any time they want, without consequence, why not rebel against the social order and then, if things go wrong, just end it all? But religion says the opposite: obey the social order and you are not allowed to leave your earthy duties to toil for the wealthy elite under penalty of never-ending suffering.

Religion has nothing to do with "original sins" or "imperfect life" and everything to do with controlling the stupid and gullible masses of people. It tells people 90 percent of what they want and then adds in 10 percent of what helps the elite and rich. The fact that you are even mentioning "original sin," part of a deceptive story to trick the gullible masses, in your response tells me you were raised christian and still hold some of those beliefs.

Reactions: sserafim
G

G50

Jun 28, 2023
Religion has nothing to do with "original sins" or "imperfect life" and everything to do with controlling the stupid and gullible masses of people. It tells people 90 percent of what they want and then adds in 10 percent of what helps the elite and rich. The fact that you are even mentioning "original sin," part of a deceptive story to trick the gullible masses, in your response tells me you were raised christian and still hold some of those beliefs.

That's a somewhat shallow perspective on religion. Certainly in some religions there is the aspect of creating social order (which is not actually a bad thing, as most people prefer social harmony to chaos). But that is only part of the story.

Philosophers have always wondered about the nature of existence, the nature of the self, the nature of consciousness, the mind, time, space, etc. It is the human condition to wonder about these big questions, and we have a need to be given some answers. Religion fulfils those needs, or at least it did in the past. Even in cultures without money and without any rich or poor, such as the American indigenous peoples, they still felt the need to have creation myths and a religion.

Most people are hardwired to be religious or spiritual. It's part of who we are. Just as most people have a sex drive, driven by hormones and brain neurotransmitters, most people also have religious or spiritual inklings. I suspect that people who are atheists by disposition just lack the appropriate hormones or neurotransmitters to feel the religious or spiritual impulse, so for them, religious material or culture becomes meaningless. Just as for somebody totally asexual due to hormone deficits, they would not find sexual alluring pictures of any interest.

As for original sin, do you know that this concept originated in gnosticism, and was only later transferred into Christianity? Gnosticism paints a bleak picture of the world: in the gnostic view, the god who controls the physical world is evil, and he prevents humans from contacting any higher benevolent gods. This evil gnostic god, called the demiurge, entraps humans in a debased physical world of his creation.

As someone who has suffered decades of misery from chronic illness and attendant mental health issues, I can see why some people would like to create such a miserable religion as gnosticism, because it reflects the reality lived by suffering people. People who have been fortunate to have led a great life with minimal suffering probably do not see our physical world as debased; but people who have suffered a lot may take a different view about the nature of our world.

Gnosticism by the way does not really support the idea that religion just tells people what they want to hear; nobody would want to be told that they live in a gnostic universe. I find it depressing even just to read about gnostic ideas.

I used to be a very spiritual person, with great interest in Eastern mysticism; but then a viral brain infection I had two decades ago damaged my brain, and ripped out all my spiritual inklings. So now all the spiritual books on my bookshelf have lot all their meaning for me. This shows that religion and spirituality are hardwired in the brain, and if something happens to the brain, it can utterly change your perspective on spiritual matters.

For me, losing contact with these spiritual energies that I used to enjoy (and which gave my life depth and meaning), is one of the reasons I find life so bleak and miserable now.

Last edited:
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Aug 12, 2019
That's a somewhat shallow perspective on religion. Certainly in some religions there is the aspect of creating social order (which is not actually a bad thing, as most people prefer social harmony to chaos). But that is only part of the story.

Philosophers have always wondered about the nature of existence, the nature of the self, the nature of consciousness, the mind, time, space, etc. It is the human condition to wonder about these big questions, and we have a need to be given some answers. Religion fulfils those needs, or at least it did in the past. Even in cultures without money and without any rich or poor, such as the American indigenous peoples, they still felt the need to have creation myths and a religion.

Most people are hardwired to be religious or spiritual. It's part of who we are. Just as most people have a sex drive, driven by hormones and brain neurotransmitters, most people also have religious or spiritual inklings. I suspect that people who are atheists by disposition just lack the appropriate hormones or neurotransmitters to feel the religious or spiritual impulse, so for them, religious material or culture becomes meaningless. Just as for somebody totally asexual due to hormone deficits, they would not find sexual alluring pictures of any interest.

As for original sin, do you know that this concept originated in gnosticism, and was only later transferred into Christianity? Gnosticism paints a bleak picture of the world: in the gnostic view, the god who controls the physical world is evil, and he prevents humans from contacting any higher benevolent gods. This evil gnostic god, called the demiurge, entraps humans in a debased physical world of his creation.

As someone who has suffered decades of misery from chronic illness and attendant mental health issues, I can see why some people would like to create such a miserable religion as gnosticism, because it reflects the reality lived by suffering people. People who have been fortunate to have led a great life with minimal suffering probably do not see our physical world as debased; but people who have suffered a lot may take a different view about the nature of our world.

Gnosticism by the way does not really support the idea that religion just tells people what they want to hear; nobody would want to be told that they live in a gnostic universe. I find it depressing even just to read about gnostic ideas.

I used to be a very spiritual person, with great interest in Eastern mysticism; but then a viral brain infection I had two decades ago damaged my brain, and ripped out all my spiritual inklings. So now all the spiritual books on my bookshelf have lot all their meaning for me. This shows that religion and spirituality are hardwired in the brain, and if something happens to the brain, it can utterly change your perspective on spiritual matters.

For me, losing contact with these spiritual energies that I used to enjoy (and which gave my life depth and meaning), is one of the reasons I find life so bleak and miserable now.
I think believing in religion is in The brain. But imo it's wired by culture. When I was a kid I used to believe in religion and a lot of other false things. Reading books about evolution the brain cell biology and thinking got me to realize religion and most beliefs are false. Life is not good like they say. I don't believe in any god afterlife reincarnation now .

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, G50 and Talvikki