borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I constantly want to quit my job and walk out into traffic. I hate working and always have to deal with stupid bullshit from stupid people.

It's fucking stressful to have a job, and all it gets me is money and insurance. Neither of those things make life worthwhile, and I'm losing my ability to work as time passes.

I'm not capable of functioning as an adult, so I shouldn't be alive.

I wasn't built for work. I was built to lie in the grass and eat berries.

• Hugs
Reactions: OutOfTheVoid, Lost in a Dream, Shadowlord900 and 1 other person
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
So many jobs are a source of anxiety or anguish that outweighs the compensation. I understand - my actual work is getting worse and worse due to depression sapping away at motivation and competence.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, borderline-feline and Looking
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
I wasn't cut out for most kinds of jobs either.

First 4 months I enjoyed it because I knew what I was doing and could go through the work easy. Then they tried moving me up onto more difficult work. At first it went fine, but the guys who fill out the sheets that I then have to fill out onto a computer, sometimes they had a bad habit of not giving all the measurements out needed to figure out what to put on the computer. Sometimes it's possible to work out, but this one guy gave me a bad sheet with such little info on I had no idea how to figure out it and started panicking and wanted to give up.

I even filled out a resignation letter to give to my boss... and he completely disregarded it. At least they were considerate enough to move me back onto the easier work. But I was worried about finishing that work load too quickly and getting moved back onto the harder stuff. So I tried working through the easier work as slowly as I thought I could get away with. But one of my colleagues caught onto what I was doing and told me to quit slacking off. At that point I snapped, wrote a rude letter saying I quit (with lots of swear words too), left it on my desk, and just walked out of the office.

I haven't had to work since then, but I guess I got lucky being diagnosed with Aspergers and being able to live off of health benefits. Despite that, I'm still not happy with my life and wish I could end it sooner.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that it's true that in this world working just very often makes people want to ctb even more as after all humans are just slaves to the society, destined to suffer and deteriorate from age. I understand why you would hate being in that situation.

Reactions: Shadowlord900
PrettyKitty

PrettyKitty

Angel
Mar 27, 2023
I quit my job recently but before I did I had rude customers often even my bosses were very cruel to me for no reason I always tried to have a smile on my face. I know the feeling if just wanting to walk into traffic, Your not alone I promise you that. I hope things get better for you :( <3 much love