W

WarriorSoul

May 6, 2023
There's some kind of medication, self-harm or anything else that could make me lose my memories from the past months or even years? I'm dealing with an awful traumatic situation and i'm planning on CTB anytime soon to end my pain. But i still want to try something to give myself a chance, maybe forcing myself to lose my memories of the past 4-5 years where all the trauma happened or at least half of it. Any advices? I go to therapy every week, take medications, but nothing is helping me to get better

They say that i'll move on, but damn, it's been years, i already gave up

StaticCryBabye

StaticCryBabye

Sorrowful Pixel
Apr 9, 2023
Technically there is no surefire way to completely erase memories, but some therapies like cognitive-behavioral therapy or exposure therapy can help manage traumatic memories. Alternatively, you could try drinking heavily until you forget everything, but I wouldn't recommend that either.

flesh object

flesh object

Bread
Feb 15, 2023
Unfortunately there is no way to literally erase memories.

I fully understand what you mean by that, I've been through pretty rough experiences growing up.

Throughout my life I have attempted to completely block out my childhood, and to repaint my life; I described my life as decent to those who I communicated with. Unfortunately in time, it caught up to me and I didn't realize what was messing me up so severely.

Sometimes we don't know what slowly distroys us until it's too late.

I don't control what I remember or what reminds me of my problems, especially when it comes to dreaming.

However what I've come to realize that the only way to find solace is to understand how you are truly feeling.

Understanding your feelings is a step towards recovery.

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
I think you should take stuff like cerebrolysin/cortexin that enhance neurogenesis/neuroplasticity. I think microdosing psilocybin mushrooms is also helpful. The key to stuff like this is that you have to put the work in on changing habits or itll further adapt your brain to whatever ruts you are in.

I think I've seen agmatine help with ptsd but I did not like it personally, gave me brain fog, just made me stupid.

15mg pregnenolone sublingual before sleep eliminates waking rumination, its a neurosteroid (I just buy 50mg capsules and pour some out)

Ashwagandha is an herb that lowers cortisol, has a similar effect.

I'm not really religious but lately I have been praying to an abstract god when I find myself hyperfocusing on a negative memory or person. In a sense I am being 'posessed' by an intrusive memory so I'm just devoting my consciousness to something transcendent. I've also been reading yoga related stuff, its calming.

I've had similar issues for awhile and I'm attributing it to the neurotransmitter acetycholine which is key in memory. When its too high or too low you get bad symptoms. I was eating a lot of choline and then taking/eating things that were inhibiting its breakdown. I was stuck in doom/hypervigilance.

Last edited:
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Some memories can die by starvation. Others can be transformed by seeing the characters in the memory in a different light. For example, abusers can be seen as tragic figures unable to be free from the forces that drove them. Even if we ourselves are guilty of something, we can see ourselves as now remorseful and having learned not to do the same things again.