L

L0b5t3r

May 7, 2020
I read a lot of suicide related posts and for the most part people have pretty decent reasons for wanting to end things ... I don't really have a reason, my life isn't terrible, I've not been abused, I'm not alone in the world, I don't have a disease that is killing me slowly etc. The big thing is I've just always felt like I want it to be over, I feel guilty feeling this way because I really don't have a reason to. I've tried everything from therapy to drugs prescription and otherwise but nothing works . I'm just so incredibly tired of trying

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Merlay, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Lostandlooking and 8 others
reasonabledoubt

reasonabledoubt

Mar 11, 2020
How about therapy, nothing came out of it?
Sometimes people don't realize, that they were abused, bc it happened in a subtle way. Or, there are repressed memories.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
L

L0b5t3r

May 7, 2020
How about therapy, nothing came out of it?
Sometimes people don't realize, that they were abused, bc it happened in a subtle way. Or, there are repressed memories.
Nope, multiple therapists have tried and then referred me to psychiatrist... it's been more than a decade of trying whatever anyone suggests ... even tried hypnosis... I've gotten to the point where I just need it to end, I know it seems beyond selfish and whiny but it is what it is
Nope, multiple therapists have tried and then referred me to psychiatrist... it's been more than a decade of trying whatever anyone suggests ... even tried hypnosis... I've gotten to the point where I just need it to end, I know it seems beyond selfish and whiny but it is what it is
But thank you for the attempted help I'm sure for many people there are ways out and it's good that you try and assist with that

• Love
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma and Lostandlooking
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Every person has a different reason to CTB.
In my opinion, none of them is unimportant.

For instance, I was a sucessful teacher, had lots of friends, money, a girlfriend, etc but I was still sad. I just hate not understanding what the universe and life are. Also, I wish I could be religious so as to believe in a "God" but I'm so skeptical...!

Anyway, my reasons for dying are aging, overweight and not understanding the universe. There are people who have it much worse than me but I can only hug them and wish them peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, MiserableBastard1995, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I read a lot of suicide related posts and for the most part people have pretty decent reasons for wanting to end things ... I don't really have a reason, my life isn't terrible, I've not been abused, I'm not alone in the world, I don't have a disease that is killing me slowly etc. The big thing is I've just always felt like I want it to be over, I feel guilty feeling this way because I really don't have a reason to. I've tried everything from therapy to drugs prescription and otherwise but nothing works . I'm just so incredibly tired of trying
It sounds like you feel there is something lacking in your life. I know you say life isn't terrible, but that's a long way from saying it is meaningful and fulfilling. So do you feel you have a meaningful life? Does anything give you any pleasure?

Also, I know you said you have tried therapy - what kinds of therapy did you try? Perhaps you need to think a bit more outside of the norm or your comfort zone to find what it is you need in your life?

These are my thoughts anyway, I hope you find a way forward whatever it may be.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, demuic and reasonabledoubt
reasonabledoubt

reasonabledoubt

Mar 11, 2020
I feel like it is valid, even when you can not understand it (or for that matter anybody else). If you are interested, there's something called Epigenetics. Really it is a thing.

L

L0b5t3r

May 7, 2020
It sounds like you feel there is something lacking in your life. I know you say life isn't terrible, but that's a long way from saying it is meaningful and fulfilling. So do you feel you have a meaningful life? Does anything give you any pleasure?

Also, I know you said you have tried therapy - what kinds of therapy did you try? Perhaps you need to think a bit more outside of the norm or your comfort zone to find what it is you need in your life?

These are my thoughts anyway, I hope you find a way forward whatever it may be.
Appreciate the thoughts and am really open to any ideas you or anyone has.

To answer your question the list is long I've spent a great deal of time trying incredibly hard not to feel like this the list of types of treatment is way to long to type out .

Life isn't a perfect thing I've never met a completely fulfilled person, from a outsiders perspective I should be fine but I'm not and I'm so very tired of trying to be

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Life isn't a perfect thing I've never met a completely fulfilled person, from a outsiders perspective I should be fine but I'm not and I'm so very tired of trying to be
I didn't say you need complete fulfillment, only ask if anything you do gives you any sense of fulfillment, ie makes you feel good. 'I should be fine' sounds like you're trying to fit some kind of expectations (ie someone else's) of how life should be, rather than authoring your own life and finding what is meaningful to you personally. I used to live like that and it is not good.

Otherwise, all I can say is maybe stop trying, just be who you are?

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, MiserableBastard1995 and demuic
L

L0b5t3r

May 7, 2020
I didn't say you need complete fulfillment, only ask if anything you do gives you any sense of fulfillment, ie makes you feel good. 'I should be fine' sounds like you're trying to fit some kind of expectations (ie someone else's) of how life should be, rather than authoring your own life and finding what is meaningful to you personally. I used to live like that and it is not good.

Otherwise, all I can say is maybe stop trying, just be who you are?
Its good advise in general, unfortunately I am already who I am, I don't think identity is the issue, but thank you anyway

Reactions: signifying nothing
W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
You dont need to have a "good" reason to feel the way you do. Its like when your parents would use the whole starving kids in Africa argument. Yes, those kids are suffering, but so am I and my suffering is not invalidated by theirs. It's not a contest and there are no minimum requirements.

• Love
Reactions: Merlay, Lostandlooking, MiserableBastard1995 and 1 other person
MiserableBastard1995

MiserableBastard1995

Experienced
Mar 17, 2018
The impression that I'm getting, sounds like you're just tired of existence? That, like anything else, as others have already better-articulated than I can, is reason enough to CTB, if that's what you want. All the best to you, in any case.

L

L0b5t3r

May 7, 2020
You dont need to have a "good" reason to feel the way you do. Its like when your parents would use the whole starving kids in Africa argument. Yes, those kids are suffering, but so am I and my suffering is not invalidated by theirs. It's not a contest and there are no minimum requirements.
True,
The impression that I'm getting, sounds like you're just tired of existence? That, like anything else, as others have already better-articulated than I can, is reason enough to CTB, if that's what you want. All the best to you, in any case.
That's pretty accurate, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has delayed due to it not being easy to do ... thanks and right back at you

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
Merlay

Merlay

you need to die if you want to go to heaven
Oct 24, 2020
I understand that feeling. I know myself. I know that I can get better and more. I want to leave yet I'm still here, wasting away. Just letting the time pass by until I can articulate a thought or a valid reason to not to exist anymore other than the reality that life is pointless.

Reactions: L0b5t3r