• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
This is my opinion. And it applies only to a small minority of members.

Personally, I can very well understand the desire that suicide should be easier. Just an on or off switch. Similar to going to sleep. However, if death would be as easy as going to sleep the premises of our world would be turned around. We would see a completely different world. It seems likely that no living beings would exist if it was that easy. You can consider that preferable. There are arguments for that. I prefer of not waking up tommorow.

However, we cannot apply the logic of suicide as a button to turn on/ off on the conditions of the world we currently live in. I always wonder why pro-mortalists don't consider that fact. Or why many don't mind that factor. There will probably be some replies after this controversial post. Suicide simply is not straightforward in the vast majority of cases. For most people who commit suicide it is a decision after a hellish inner fight that tormented them over a long period of time.

My main argument is: the process of committing suicide is usually pretty painful. Personally, I will mostly refer to your own inner pain. There is also the impact on others but that's too often used to guilt-trip people. I am not sure on it. Personally, I feel worse when suicide is close in front of me. This is why I postponed it already a couple of times to go through with it. The intensity to face death was pretty frightening, overwhelming and scary. I think this is an experience many people make if they choose this route.

For me it seems rational not to expose oneself to the burden of the action. Which means all the preparations, fears, overthinking, anxieties etc. For the average Joe and Jane it does not seem reasonable to consider to go through this painful process of accepting one's own death, coming to peace with it. Of course people can commit suicide for philosophical reasons (for example) when they are pro-mortalists. But this is not the average Joe and Jane. I think I would recommend to the average Joe and Jane to keep on the boring average life and not to seriously consider to commit suicide. Usually it comes with a lot of suffering. Why should they consider suicide? So many on here are going through a living nightmare 24/7 for a couple of years (like me) and have not committed suicide so far. It is fucking difficult even if the pressure is unbearable. The pain has to be insane to overcome one's survival instinct. (in my most cases). Just to dig deep into suicide and to consider this action when you don't even follow this philosophy does not seem reasonable to me.

Be careful what you wish for. Personally, this is why I try to avoid suicide if possible. Looking death into its eyes was pretty overwhelming. It was painful as fuck. I think it might be a process where correlation and causation goes into both directions. If you are more suicidal it can increase your pain. (this is at least what certainly happens in my case). At the same time when you are in more pain you will probably feel more suicidal. But both of these statements are independent. The conclusion for my personal life is: I try to avoid the decision to commit suicide if I don't reach my pain limit. But I am close to my pain limit. And it seems like there is a threshold where it is not negotiable anymore. At the same time I would have never believed I would make it thus far as a 15 year old teenager watching suicides online envying the people who are now dead. I am glad I have stopped that behavior. In general I have doubts about the morals to watch gore now. Moreover, I am not sure whether envying is the right way to approach to this issue. I can be glad that their torment is over. But what do I know about the individual fates of the portrayed people? Why should I allow myself to judge these people and see them in one of their most intimate moments of their lives?

As a 15 year old I thought I would kill myself immediately if something major happened. Here more than a decade later after a decade full of torture I am still alive. The pain is more and more driving me to go through with my plans but it was a living hell thus far. Suicide is far from being easy. And acting as if it is was this easy is deceiving and will lead to a lot of unnecessary pain. But that's only my opinion.

By the way that's my 4.500 th post.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Joarga, etherealspring, Ultra'sPurgat0rio and 5 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Which members are you referring to exactly? I have seen one or two users imply that suicide is easy to do and that we must love life if we are still alive but those users are not pro mortalists so I doubt you're referring to them. The pro mortalist users of this site also agree that suicide is difficult to do

Reactions: Ultra'sPurgat0rio
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Death is white, not darkness.
Apr 17, 2023
Suicide is painless. It brings on many changes. 🎵

Reactions: fleetingnight
U

UtopianElephant

Student
Nov 26, 2022
People who are chronically suicidal, despite things like meds and therapy, should have a right to risk-free euthanasia, peaceful methods, or a trip to Dignitas. This much should be uncontroversial to suicidal people (and, I would argue, the rest of society as well).

The rest of society is selfish, so you can't expect much from them. But it's hard to imagine a chronically suicidal person who does not want others to have a right to end their life. The self-entitlement and hubris of such people would make them worse than average people who do not understand.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, sserafim, permanently tired and 3 others
lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

🖤
Apr 17, 2024
IMG 1330 Haha

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and fleetingnight
bluedream

bluedream

Sep 15, 2019
i think it comes from a lack of understanding that most people are not suicidal, and some members do have this opinion of "i want this, and so should everyone else" about death. Some people who are suicidal truly are in so deep, and so isolated, that they cant really understand the viewpoint of someone who isnt suicidal. i think thats where anti-natilism and pro-mortalism come from.

• Love
Reactions: ThisGameIsOverrated, thenamingofcats and QueerMelancholy
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
Yeah... I guess your post is more polite lol, as I had a similar thread that blew up (backfired) that consisted of similar views; and it was like I took a Wrong Turn and ran into some neighborly cannibals😅

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I think you are hinting at something bigger than wishing simply to just press a button and it be over, though I don't think I full understand what else you're getting at. I will say, however, that to just wish suicide was as easy as going to sleep isn't childish in and of itself. We've suffered enough. The notion of suicide being another hurdle of suffering to be free is exhausting. Nothing wrong with wishing it wasn't so hard to escape from suffering without having to suffer more. I'd argue almost everyone who says that knows it's isn't that simple and never will be, but one can wish for something and know it's not reality. Nothing wrong or childish about that. If you can't accept that it won't be reality that's a something else, but I think every suicidal person has had the wish that they just go to sleep and never wake up.

Reactions: sserafim
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think you are hinting at something bigger than wishing simply to just press a button and it be over, though I don't think I full understand what else you're getting at. I will say, however, that to just wish suicide was as easy as going to sleep isn't childish in and of itself. We've suffered enough. The notion of suicide being another hurdle of suffering to be free is exhausting. Nothing wrong with wishing it wasn't so hard to escape from suffering without having to suffer more. I'd argue almost everyone who says that knows it's isn't that simple and never will be, but one can wish for something and know it's not reality. Nothing wrong or childish about that. If you can't accept that it won't be reality that's a something else, but I think every suicidal person has had the wish that they just go to sleep and never wake up.
I think there are some few members who never had the experience to look death into its eye. For them suicide is very abstract and distant and they have (in my opinion) a distorted notion of how it feels to commit suicide for most people. How much pain the process of going through with it often causes. It seems easy to paint a certain picture of suicide as the holy grail that is the perfect solution for literally anyone if one is not aware how it actually feels to plan one's own death in detail with all the steps which are required. There is a discrepancy between posting every single day that suicide is the perfect answer to every problem in life and knowing how suicide actually feels like. I think there is a disconnection of reality if one only live in one's own bubble and denying other perceptions to be valid. Or trying to understand where they are coming from.
Looking death into its eyes was a scary experience for me and it impacted my awareness how existential this step is. And if someone never experienced something like that I would be careful to share my own ideas about suicide with a certitude that denies every single objection and calls these replies to be delusional. Maybe I only have one member in mind. Idk.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I think there are some few members who never had the experience to look death into its eye. For them suicide is very abstract and distant and they have (in my opinion) a distorted notion of how it feels to commit suicide for most people. How much pain the process of going through with it often causes. It seems easy to paint a certain picture of suicide as the holy grail that is the perfect solution for literally anyone if one is not aware how it actually feels to plan one's own death in detail with all the steps which are required. There is a discrepancy between posting every single day that suicide is the perfect answer to every problem in life and knowing how suicide actually feels like. I think there is a disconnection of reality if one only live in one's own bubble and denying other perceptions to be valid. Or trying to understand where they are coming from.
Looking death into its eyes was a scary experience for me and it impacted my awareness how existential this step is. And if someone never experienced something like that I would be careful to share my own ideas about suicide with a certitude that denies every single objection and calls these replies to be delusional. Maybe I only have one member in mind. Idk.
I see more of what you mean now. I have had many interactions with people who have never attempted before trying to discredit the strength of SI. Some people here even hold the "if someone really wants to die they'll do it" mentality, which is a bit odd to me to be on this site if you're convinced of that. Those people really lack understanding of how our mind is wired to not do exactly what we are trying to do. The brain has incredible ways to overpower your way of thinking in the case of a perceived or actual threat to life. I have been convinced without a doubt for months before that I was ready, and suddenly those months of certainty all went away when the noose was around my neck and I was hit with unbearable waves of doubt. I have also nearly died multiple times, once as close as to have CPR, and the trauma of surviving that has left me with such horrible PTSD I think overcoming SI is impossible, at least for the near future. The brain is not a simple machine to be explained so easily.

Reactions: Sylveon and Whatever♡