lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
Disclaimer: If you think you might be triggered by this topic then there's no need to continue reading.

I know this is pretty controversial but, There is absolutely nothing after death, no resurrection. Think about it. The idea of afterlife is somewhat religious and came about around a time when there was no law enforcement and police, they needed something to keep people "good" , while also preventing people from stealing and committing suicide, and they achieved that by creating the idea of religion and god&afterlife to scare people whenever they steal or do anything bad... Just to scare them and threaten they go to hell for committing a sin. for absolutely nothing- someone give me actual evidence of heaven and hell, not photos of those silly lights or reflections from mars to come and prove to me that heaven and hell exists. We sure didn't have a prelife, so afterlife?? Nah.. probably fake. Religion exists to scare, and to profit... just look how rich some of those religious figures are

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, pthnrdnojvsc, Lynh and 5 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
I mean, maybe when you die you get isekaied into a new world, restarting from zero, getting bullied by an annoying cute catboy for the rest of time.
Ferris gif 5

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101, Marchioness, sadworld and 1 other person
KClown

KClown

Oct 20, 2020
Good luck enlightening the masses

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, Rn110bg101, Marchioness and 2 others
darkness falls

darkness falls

Oct 22, 2020
Personally I believe that your soul does survive. I think there is a larger reality than the physical one we engage in. Religion has nothing to do with it. I abhor most religions for the reasons you stipulate. But this is a spiritual belief I have. Not a religious one. So I think people should believe what makes them comfortable. If you think there is nothing at all that's fine. If you think there might be something after you die or leave the physical plane that's fine too. I only have an issue when people try to force what the believe on another. Religion does exactly that.

Let's say I'm in a tropical paradise right now. I'm wading in the crystal clear water and savoring it's welcoming warmth. Someone else is watching me from several yards inland. She sees the water as blue not clear. So she says the water is blue. Then I say but the water is clear! Are we both wrong? Nope. Are we both right? Yea. And then you ask well how can two people be right with two different truths? Perspective. It's how we see it from our own personal journeys. And it applies to the unknown just as much.

I hope I made some sense here.

Reactions: muffin222, dropdeadfred, Rn110bg101 and 4 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Average person is made up delusions and no amount of reasoning will get through. Let them be.

• Hugs
Reactions: popuoh, FlyMe2TheMoon, Abir_london and 5 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
While we aren't 100% sure there isn't a prelife and afterlife, out of all theories "there is nothing" is the most logical. I think most people on here would agree with you.

Reactions: StuFin, lobster salad, Marchioness and 1 other person
G

Givingupandgivingin

Oct 18, 2020
I think there's nothing - there was nothing before you were born so why would there be afterwards.

Reactions: Free_me, StuFin, Gromit-CTB and 4 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
We sure didn't have a prelife
How do you know? Perhaps there is a generic subjectivity of experience which persists as a kind of underlying field of pure phenomenology, and switches spacetime location at death.
Not remembering any experiences before birth doesn't mean there weren't any.
After all, we don't remember lots of things, in fact most people have no memories before being 3 years old, yet they still experienced things then.

I'm not advocating anything religious or superstitious like karma, souls etc.
I'm just saying that if we are conscious now, there is no logical reason why we couldn't have had conscious experiences as other beings before birth and after death.
I think there's more to the story than Indefinite Nothingness > tiny blip of conscious experience > Eternal Nothingness

Maybe I'm wrong, I'd be ok either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: dropdeadfred, EssenceFocus, sadworld and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I hope not, I don't wanna come back to this place.

Reactions: Gnip, lobster salad, Lynh and 2 others
Didymus

Didymus

Clutching at invisible straws
Dec 11, 2018
We sure didn't have a prelife, so afterlife?? Nah.. probably fake. Religion exists to scare, and to profit... just look how rich some of those religious figures are

Why use 'probably' if you are so sure?

Reactions: darkness falls, EssenceFocus and sadworld
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I sort of agree. I don't think there's anything on the other side except nothingness

Reactions: Gnip, columbine3, lobster salad and 3 others
EssenceFocus

EssenceFocus

Student
Sep 28, 2020
Well, it's your free will to negate an existence without a body.

For me this is the most important thing, that I know. Without it I wouldn't be here anymore and it's the core of my whole life and personality. I am even not really thinking about ctb anymore, even though my situation hasn't changed a single bit.

Trigger warning!
Every psychic so called disorder can and will be healed, when you really reconnect yourself to your soul and that's the reason for all negative things you and whole humanity experiences right in this moment. No medicament, no psychatrist will help more. How many people are there, who are in therapy since years and nothing really helps? It's very difficult to do so, but at the same time it's simple.

Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
I know there's nothing after this, I know it'll just be the void, but can't someone dream?

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I know it'll just be the void
where is this void?
According to physics there cannot be a pure void -- even apparently completely empty space is filled with quantum fluctuations and energy vibrations.

Reactions: dropdeadfred
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Nothing after death. Otherwise I want a refund for having to coming back to this hell

Reactions: Gnip
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Disclaimer: If you think you might be triggered by this topic then there's no need to continue reading.

I know this is pretty controversial but, There is absolutely nothing after death, no resurrection. Think about it. The idea of afterlife is somewhat religious and came about around a time when there was no law enforcement and police, they needed something to keep people "good" , while also preventing people from stealing and committing suicide, and they achieved that by creating the idea of religion and god&afterlife to scare people whenever they steal or do anything bad... Just to scare them and threaten they go to hell for committing a sin. for absolutely nothing- someone give me actual evidence of heaven and hell, not photos of those silly lights or reflections from mars to come and prove to me that heaven and hell exists. We sure didn't have a prelife, so afterlife?? Nah.. probably fake. Religion exists to scare, and to profit... just look how rich some of those religious figures are
Are you saying Santa's not real.

Reactions: lobster salad and Gromit-CTB
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
I mean, maybe when you die you get isekaied into a new world, restarting from zero, getting bullied by an annoying cute catboy for the rest of time.
this is a nightmare. I would just ctb again

Reactions: lobster salad
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Every atom in your body will go on after you die like nothing happened. In a way, we are all immortal.

Reactions: lobster salad