• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
There are quite a few people out there who claim that it's so easy to die, including the ones who lose the ability to, but I disagree with them. The right to die, death with DIGNITY (I emphasized the word because that is key to the point that I am going to make) is not about whether one will die. Sure, everyone will all die at some point in their lives, and that is a fact, but the word "dignity" refers to dying in a peaceful, painless, comfortable manner and within one's own terms. That is something that people seem to ignore when they claim that it is easy to die or that there is always a way. It is not simply about the ways to die (most of which are undignified, or would have low chances of success as well as tremendous suffering and pain), but the manner in which one dies.

A few years ago, when the topic of people who have severe physical disabilities, chronic pain, and very low quality of life that requires constant around the clock care (quadriplegia, ALS, MS, late stage dementia, Alzheimers, etc.) but not necessarily terminally ill (but could also include those as well), my father claimed that those people don't really need euthanasia or assisted suicide because their condition will finish them off. Yes, while he is factually correct, he is missing the MAIN point, which is that those people would endure many years (or months, depending on the condition and ailments as well as circumstances) of suffering instead of saving them from all the pain and suffering by allowing them to die peacefully and dignified. The matter isn't about whether they will die, but rather how and when they will die. I believe that by keeping assisted suicide and euthanasia illegal especially for the chronically ill and those with very severe physical disabilities, it only causes unnecessary suffering.

So in conclusion, death with dignity and the right to die aims to relieve people of suffering and spares them a long, protracted process of death along with all the suffering while their physical body and mind wither away.

Reactions: Baskol1, binturong, lululoo and 4 others