N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
There was this heartbreaking story about this young boy who did this dangerous TikTok challenge, got permanent brain damage and then was in a coma. He later died.
I have made a little research and the challenge is called choking or pass-out challenge.

Here is an article about dangerous challenges.

The fire challlenge? The salt and ice challenge?

The tide-pod challenge yeah I have heard of that.

There are even way more. But I cannot really say how common they are. I just know for sure: NEVER DO SHIT LIKE THAT IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

I think the target group for such challengs are primarily young people. Maybe teenagers or even kids.

So if you have kids or know for example teenager raise awareness. Tell them this is not cool but simply insane and stupid. The risk is way too high and there is barely anything to gain from it. People who do that risk permanent damage for the rest of their lives.
Parents should monitor what their kids do on the internet.

Have you ever took part in such a challenge? I never did not even the "innocent" ones like the ALS ice bucket challenge.

Reactions: katagiri83 and Un-
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Stupid/impulsive people will keep dying due to striving for quick social credit gain regardless of what you do unless you enforce eugenics, ban hip hop and bad bunnyesque music and enforce reading of the most iconic books of each discipline. Basically the society you are creating by being what you think is leftist is an idiocracy ruled by a criptocracy so it is useless to ask for common sense.

This is coming from the dude that fucked up his sexual life because of penile enlargament exercises that he found online. He knows about being doomed due to biological determinism. His mother is one of the most impulsive person he knows and his father is a violent man governed by lust. These two created offspring more or less fated for suffering. I still love them but it is what is. Most people should refrain from breeding.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nolan96
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Yes I stumbled across such challenges on the news. Cannot really relate much, I mostly wonder what goes in the mind of teens that do these kind of things. Do they want a moment of glory? Attention from other peers? I think I am just too old to relate with the mind of a teen. Whatever they go through must be hard. I cannot deal with LinkedIn and that is the only social I use, dealing with all the modern social networks must be brutal for teens.