• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019
fuck them and fuck cbt

• Hugs
Reactions: Xaphous, woxihuanni, dhk96 and 5 others
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Lol But Cognitive Behavioral Therapy changes those 70,000 toxic thoughts you have per day into happy, productive thoughts! :D

Yeah, it's pretty bogus.

• Love
Reactions: marconk, SelfHatingAspie, Tegan_sky and 4 others
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
My current therapist is a freakin A-hole
Peace

• Hugs
Reactions: andy69, Beautifulletdown, Baskol1 and 1 other person
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
i definitely feel like therapists are a hit or miss.

some have good experiences with them and bad experiences.

i just feel like some just truly fail, let alone try to genuinly and willingly wanna understand what someones going through; and push forward to a conclusion ever so easily.

i feel like all we wanna do is like be heard. but genuinly. we want someone to care, relate to us, but genuinly and willingly want to understand, not because its there duty or something.

Reactions: sadsadinfp, Donewith_, a_strange_day and 3 others
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
I feel like I got so lucky this time and got an awesome therapist. That's not to say I don't get frustrated with her because I have in the past and kinda am now, but overall, she's amazing.

Reactions: a_strange_day, ReverendGreen and pole
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I talk to someone once a week who suggested referring me to a therapist but they're totally full right now. I really wish that I could go because I really need to work through things and I know that I could use the help. Going once a week helps now but twice a week would be even better. I've dealt with a lot. Not every person is the right one to talk to and it isn't always helpful but when you find the right place to go that you can trust, feel comfortable, get help, and talk openly, it's so worth it.

• Love
Reactions: Nem, GinaIsReady, Beautifulletdown and 2 others
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Why are they an a-hole? Give me the deets! :smiling:
I can't talk about anything that's happened to me, it's like they think nothing from the past can mess up your future
Peace

Reactions: sadsadinfp, Beautifulletdown and Wayfaerer
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
maybe I'm just lucky but mine is very good and open minded. I can talk about anything I want, even death...then shes tries to talk me out of it.
it's more a discussion now than real therapy.

but maybe I'm a little biased on this issue because when you are alone 24/24 as I am even talking to a bus controller would seem interesting

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Xaphous, ReverendGreen, woxihuanni and 3 others
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
I can't talk about anything that's happened to me, it's like they think nothing from the past can mess up your future
Peace
Maybe your therapist is trying to steer you toward being in the present for some reason. Not that I am a therapist but …

cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
Therapy is just like religion. It might help those who are already inclined to believe in it and accept its foundational dogmas.
But if you're not the type to believe in such things, well, you're just shit out of luck.
Peace

That's the way their worldview works. Ignore bad things and only focus on the good. Very similar to the way believers in an omnipotent deity will credit it for good things happening, but then never blame it for the bad things.

It's just wishful and delusional thinking at best, but it works well for unintelligent, unsophisticated, gullible idiots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon, Nem and dhk96
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
Therapy is just like religion. It might help those who are already inclined to believe in it and accept its foundational dogmas.
But if you're not the type to believe in such things, well, you're just shit out of luck.
I have to admit, I'd never considered that anyone wouldn't believe in therapy. But I see what you are saying.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Peace

Wow. That's different. Usually therapists are constantly bringing up the past.

Reactions: Nem and Baskol1
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I see a psychiatrist, but I cancelled my therapist. I have a hard time feeling anything.. sometimes, I feel anger, but the one thing I can feel is being sad and Depressed. Nothing else. I have to fake it for family functions, being around my kids, etc. I've gotten really good and mimicking what I should be feeling, but inside, I'm dead.

My therapist insisted that I was 100% wrong and I just had to point a sheet with smiley and frowny faces to help me identify my feelings. I'm approaching my mid 40s. The sheet printed out was from a book for children. I fired her ass.

That was a waste of 3 co-pays..

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: a_strange_day, woxihuanni, HGL91 and 3 others
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I see a psychiatrist, but I cancelled my therapist. I've a hard time feeling anything.. sometimes, I feel anger, but the one thing I can feel is being sad and Depressed. Nothing else. I have to fake it for family functions, being around my kids, etc. I've gotten really good and mimicking what I should be feeling, but inside, I'm dead.

My therapist insisted that I was 100% wrong and I just had to point a sheet with smiley and frowny faces to help me identify my feelings. I'm approaching my mid 40s. The sheet printed out was from a book for children. I fired her ass.

It's the worst when therapists make you feel invalidated. I've been getting that from mine the past few sessions. He has told me there's nothing wrong with my job or my relationships, my depression just makes me think there is. Then when I called him out on it he said, "so do you just want me to validate everything you say? Because I don't think that'll be productive." Gaslighting ish? Like yes I'm depressed, but there can also be legitimate issues in my job and relationships that don't stem from that depression

Last edited:
Reactions: HGL91, Tegan_sky and Beautifulletdown
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Lol CBT. "when you catch yourself thinking negatively, just snap out of it and think about something else." -one of my bullshit therapists

"Just snap out of it"

Fucker it's been 7 years. Obviously I don't know how to snap properly.

Does this actually work for anyone?

• Love
Reactions: Astral316, woxihuanni, Tegan_sky and 2 others
Beautifulletdown

Beautifulletdown

Brightburn
Jul 6, 2019
Lol CBT. "when you catch yourself thinking negatively, just snap out of it and think about something else." -one of my bullshit therapists

"Just snap out of it"

Thinking positively or reframing my thoughts hasn't worked for me. Trying to snap out of it definitely has not either. I must be broken then.

Last edited:
P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Tbh I've had weirdly positive experienced with cognitive behavioral therapy and I never had much faith in it. After certain really bad events like friends dumping me and ignoring me, my perspective changed after the sessions and I felt like it wasn't my fault, i was gonna be ok etc. I was honestly extremely surprised and impressed.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I see a psychiatrist, but I cancelled my therapist. I have a hard time feeling anything.. sometimes, I feel anger, but the one thing I can feel is being sad and Depressed. Nothing else. I have to fake it for family functions, being around my kids, etc. I've gotten really good and mimicking what I should be feeling, but inside, I'm dead.

Hahaha! Thats so sad they actually did that. "*points to the anxious face* Wow! This face looks like how I feel inside, doctor. What's that?!?"

How elementary. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that...and worse, pay for for that. Ugh!

"Just snap out of it"

Yeah. But what if someone has a legit problem?? Like, what if someone just got a notice that they're being evicted and they're anxious for the future? They're suppose to CBT and think about unicorns and rainbows to calm themselves down?

Last edited:
Reactions: Throwawaysoul and woxihuanni
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
I've had a few therapists of varying quality, the most recent one I had actually changed my understanding of myself. Therapy could work for you too if you were to find someone suited to your needs, but that is easier said than done.

Reactions: Powderedmonster and Baskol1