Degen

Degen

Aug 28, 2021
My counsellor called me today to inform me she called my doctor because I 'told' her I was planning to commit suicide, which is absolute bullshit. I told her she misheard and that yesterday I said the opposite, that I had no intentions of taking my life and it wasn't serious but she doubled down on her accusation and lied that I did say that. Completely crazy and pissed me the fuck off, I don't think I'll go back to therapy anymore. What was her intention, did she want to get me forcibly hospitalized and then I'll lose my new job and go back to being a NEET.

The only good thing is my doctor probably won't give a fuck about this since he's lazy and likely won't try to do anything to me, still not sure whether I should give him a heads up that my therapist is an unexperienced trainee or its pointless. I'm not sure whether she managed to contact my doctor too since I think I gave her an uncomplete/false number.

B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021
If I'm ever to get admitted to the mental house because of someone else's doing and not my own, the first thing I'm going to do when I get out is smash their teeth out with a pipe wrench.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Unending, MellowAvenue and 1 other person
Rairii

Rairii

Is it necessary?
Nov 27, 2022
That's so bizarre. I think if she wanted you committed she would just call emergency services and have them do a wellness check on you. I'm guessing she told your doctor so it could be put on your medical records so they would be aware that you are high risk. I learned something interesting from my psychiatrist, that there's this program she has to use and when she prescribes me certain meds it gives her a warning saying something along the lines of "patient has a history of suicidal ideation/attempts." So maybe it's something a lot of places use and your therapist may want the doctors to be careful about what meds they give you and to check on your mood too probably.

either way, that's really shitty that she did that. I don't get what they get out of lying. I hope nothing comes of it.

Reactions: MellowAvenue
Degen

Degen

Aug 28, 2021
That's so bizarre. I think if she wanted you committed she would just call emergency services and have them do a wellness check on you. I'm guessing she told your doctor so it could be put on your medical records so they would be aware that you are high risk. I learned something interesting from my psychiatrist, that there's this program she has to use and when she prescribes me certain meds it gives her a warning saying something along the lines of "patient has a history of suicidal ideation/attempts." So maybe it's something a lot of places use and your therapist may want the doctors to be careful about what meds they give you and to check on your mood too probably.

either way, that's really shitty that she did that. I don't get what they get out of lying. I hope nothing comes of it.
I really don't want this on my medical record, it'll be a hinderance for some careers I was interested in.
The counselling service previously stated that none of this will go on my record and refused to help me with an application, and yet here they are trying to wreck my life with lies.

She laughed when I brought up the mention of suicide, so I thought she wasn't gonna take this seriously. Crazy for her to go accusing me of it now.

MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
Ugh… I hate therapists like this.

I dunno, if you can maybe get ahead of it with your doctor and let him know whatever the actual context was. Unfortunately, if it's part of some standard procedure like @Rairii is saying, I doubt there's much you can do about it. Maybe there's a way to dispute it but I'm sure it'd be a huge headache.

Reactions: Degen
Degen

Degen

Aug 28, 2021
Ugh… I hate therapists like this.

I dunno, if you can maybe get ahead of it with your doctor and let him know whatever the actual context was. Unfortunately, if it's part of some standard procedure like @Rairii is saying, I doubt there's much you can do about it. Maybe there's a way to dispute it but I'm sure it'd be a huge headache.
I think I'll just cancel being a patient with her, easiest course.

Reactions: GettingOut, Rogue Proxy, Rairii and 2 others