Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
For a moment I considered putting a trigger warning but this is a suicide forum and this is not recovery.

When I was a teenager I had a conversation with my father. It was about the worst crime. It was a question. My answer was rape. It was the first thing that came to mind. It's just that it doesn't leave you. You will never feel clean again. You'll never be able to wash it off. No amount of showers will do. You can never scrub your hands hard enough. The involuntary flinch if someone gets too close. The touch aversion. It doesn't take up space but it's always stuck to you, like your shadow. It can't be undone. It's just always there.

My father disagreed. His answer was kidnapping. Because for the rest of their lives, the family will never know. They'll never have closure. They will spend the rest of their lives wondering. Who? Where? Are they alive? Will they ever come back? Uncertainty will haunt them forever. He wasn't thinking about the victim, but I still understood it.

Back when I was still fighting and looking for a reason to live, thinking I could get better, I gave myself a month. A month to let the feeling pass. A month of genuine effort of living. Then I'd end things. This was somewhere around year 20.

The month passed. I tried. I didn't get better. I kept thinking about what my father said about kidnapping. Not knowing. And despite everything I thought I could at least say goodbye. Since my decision was rational and not impulsive. It could be better than leaving a note. I could explain. I didn't know how stupid of a decision that really was.

Absolving them of all fault and communicating as gently as possible, I said I didn't want to be here anymore but I didn't want to kidnap myself. My father called me evil. Told me it was wicked to say something like that in front of my mother. I spent the rest of that talk listening to what a horrible person I was. Talking to people about being suicidal, even the people who say, "you can talk to me, I'm here for you" has always been a terrible idea. It always backfires. I never spoke to anyone in my family about any issue I had after that. I help them when I can be useful. That's usually it.

So no one knows. And no one will know. I will not leave a note. I'm not saying goodbye. My goodbye is having my affairs in order. It's organizing everything for after I'm gone. It's having said everything that needs to be said so there's nothing on my mind. I've had years to make sure everyone knows the things they need to. I've already apologized to everyone I needed to. I've already given my blessing to everyone on their life journeys. And one day, hopefully soon, I just won't be here anyone. And I don't think it'll be the worst crime.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TicketsToFire099, Rogue Proxy, Forever Sleep and 4 others
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
In my opinion, the worst crime is bringing consciously aware beings into existence. It exposes them to all the inevitable pain and suffering they will have experienced until their death.

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart, Rogue Proxy and Retroguy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I agree that it's a terrible idea being open about wanting to die in this reality especially as so many people hold insensitive anti-suicide beliefs, it's really dreadful how suicidal people are treat so badly. But anyway I wish you the best with your plans.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Ironic how he goes off on you for saying you wanna kill yourself, you just want to escape the suffering you´re experiencing and you never consented to being born which your parents were responsible for so I feel like it made more sense if the roles were reversed and you got angry at him for bringing an individual into this world well knowing it is full of pain and suffering

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart and Retroguy
unloveable.

unloveable.

deserves nothing
Aug 12, 2023
if I'm being realistic one of the worst crimes imo is torture - quite literally the definition of subjecting the victim to as much suffering as humanly possible while they are completely powerless against it. obviously torture is a broad definition but I think prolonged torture, especially physical / deep psychological torture can cause unthinkable suffering to people

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart and TheGoodGuy
G

garrypallister99

Aug 20, 2023
Biggest crime has to be paedophilia, not sure how anyone could make an argument that there's something worse

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart and Amelie