E

EternalSleep

Jul 4, 2018
For those of you who are in limbo like me and can't CTB, rejoice, for the end of the world is at hand! Climate change is irreversible and this shit show won't be able to continue at the rate it's going. So there is hope yet for us and our deliverance!

Reactions: Imaginos, Smilla and TheDarkness
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
The world ended for me a long time ago! (Friday November the 13th 1992 If you want an exact date lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: soundwave, Ssname, Soon4me and 2 others
EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
Climate change will take a few more hundred years to end the planet though...
3rd World War with mutual assured destruction is far more likely imo

Reactions: siray, mattwitt and Soon4me
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
Dammit i thought this thread
would be about a zombie apocalypse
Or an alien invasion.

Reactions: Smilla, Tomasnil, mattwitt and 1 other person
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I was a Jehovahs Witness kid in the seventies ...

Armageddon was asure thing , scheduled for '75.

Fucked a lot of people up,

If you are a seasoned collapsnik , such as myself , ( cough ) .... the realization that civilization has collapse 'inbuilt' is a heads up realization like no other .

Reactions: thickwing and Soon4me
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

Apr 27, 2018
Or an alien invasion.

It's in the eye of the beholder ....

zombies and aliens are you and me , in a sense .
(no insult intended ... it's just nature ... when a population becomes a plague .)

cheerful stuff .

Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
I was a Jehovahs Witness kid in the seventies ...

Armageddon was asure thing , scheduled for '75.

Fucked a lot of people up,

If you are a seasoned collapsnik , such as myself , ( cough ) .... the realization that civilization has collapse 'inbuilt' is a heads up realization like no other .
Temporarilyabsurd can you tell us more about this ? Sounds interesting !

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

Apr 27, 2018
I've written screes about it for myself.

To therapize myself I guess .
It's my big dram , apart from migrating at 9yo.

reddit r/exjw will give you a flavour of the crazy .
Culty as fuck .

Basically , JW is an end of the world cult that grew quite big ( almost to religion status ) ... the mormons have clinched that one ... and are equally nuts .

I was brainwashed as a kid from birth , my own extra fruity topping was that my father never belonged , but totally enabled my mother to fuck me and my brother up. ( Thats thre source of my authority issues ODD anyone ? ) She was an alcoholic too ... took me years to figure that out !

Big wine flagons in the hot water cupboard should have given it away ...
Always blooping away .

always a wine at dinner .

I used to drive her to church as a kid ... she was probably over the limit .
Anyway ...

Selling 'the watchtower' on a saturday morning was a particular kind of hell.
Nothing like knocking on the door of a school acquaintance ....

SHAME shame shame

Fucking nightmare man .

I'm over it all now .
Yeah , right .

edit to add :

1975 was a real 'date ' the borg ( jw nick name ) gave as the armageddon day .
People sold their house ... went full time 'preaching' ... even now the jw still don't encourage education , getting on in life etc ... basically valueing anything in this world is sinful.

They are all waiting for a mythical perfect world .

sad as fuck

Last edited:
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
I've written screes about it for myself.

To therapize myself I guess .
It's my big dram , apart from migrating at 9yo.

reddit r/exjw will give you a flavour of the crazy .
Culty as fuck .

Basically , JW is an end of the world cult that grew quite big ( almost to religion status ) ... the mormons have clinched that one ... and are equally nuts .

I was brainwashed as a kid from birth , my own extra fruity topping was that my father never belonged , but totally enabled my mother to fuck me and my brother up. ( Thats thre source of my authority issues ODD anyone ? ) She was an alcoholic too ... took me years to figure that out !

Big wine flagons in the hot water cupboard should have given it away ...
Always blooping away .

always a wine at dinner .

I used to drive her to church as a kid ... she was probably over the limit .
Anyway ...

Selling 'the watchtower' on a saturday morning was a particular kind of hell.
Nothing like knocking on the door of a school acquaintance ....

SHAME shame shame

Fucking nightmare man .

I'm over it all now .
Yeah , right .

edit to add :

1975 was a real 'date ' the borg ( jw nick name ) gave as the armageddon day .
People sold their house ... went full time 'preaching' ... even now the jw still don't encourage education , getting on in life etc ... basically valueing anything in this world is sinful.

They are all waiting for a mythical perfect world .

sad as fuck
Sorry to hear about that Temporarilyabsurd.Thanks for the link i will read about it now !

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

Apr 27, 2018
Sorry to hear about that Temporarilyabsurd.Thanks for the link i will read about it now !

no big thing in the scheme of things , but my particular child trauma ( light weight compared to many )

thanks for the interest ,

I sometimes forget the impact , it is so deep , I just don't even notice it .
Most def the cause of a deep rooted hopelessness .

Preverbal is a concept that I use to refer to it .
an environmental conditioning that was my 'world' before / as I learned to 'be'.

a small microcosm of civilization as awhole is my lasting conclusion .

cheers .

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Or an alien invasion.
subliminal message...............................................
............................The alien invasion and zombie.............
apocalypse will happen after the Rapture and long.........

...............before climate change kills..........everyone!

Reactions: thickwing, Soon4me and Temporarilyabsurd
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

Apr 27, 2018
the Rapture
one of my favourites ....

went to an 'alien' church ( diff denom) as a teenager and saw a dreadful film about it ....

totally R rated horror ... trauma plus .

light hearted fave scene : a dude mowing the lawn ... pan up to sky , then down to mower ... no dude ... he been raptured !!!

Reactions: thickwing, Soon4me and mattwitt
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
no big thing in the scheme of things , but my particular child trauma ( light weight compared to many )

thanks for the interest ,

I sometimes forget the impact , it is so deep , I just don't even notice it .
Most def the cause of a deep rooted hopelessness .

Preverbal is a concept that I use to refer to it .
an environmental conditioning that was my 'world' before / as I learned to 'be'.

a small microcosm of civilization as awhole is my lasting conclusion .

cheers .
Thanks for sharing Temporarilyabsurd !

Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
subliminal message...............................................
............................The alien invasion and zombie.............
apocalypse will happen after the Rapture and long.........

...............before climate change kills..........everyone!
Message received
Over n Out
A

Reactions: thickwing and mattwitt
Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
Do you know about that saying that goes by the words of "you start dying as soon as you're born?" Well. the universe is doing the same kind of thing since 14.7 billion years. A slow death which will turn eventually out into an astounding catastrophe sooner or later

Reactions: thickwing
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Do you know about that saying that goes by the words of "you start dying as soon as you're born?" Well. the universe is doing the same kind of thing since 14.7 billion years. A slow death which will turn eventually out into an astounding catastrophe sooner or later
look up entropy and the 1st law of thermodynamics we are stuck in a closed system it can't go on forever unless someone or something outside this closed system puts what it needs into it.

Reactions: thickwing
Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
look up entropy and the 1st law of thermodynamics we are stuck in a closed system it can't go on forever unless someone or something outside this closed system puts what it needs into it.

Yep, but I think that the rush to the final collapse has more to do with the 2nd law

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
For those of you who are in limbo like me and can't CTB, rejoice, for the end of the world is at hand! Climate change is irreversible and this shit show won't be able to continue at the rate it's going. So there is hope yet for us and our deliverance!

Yep. I'm pretty much clinging to the same desperate hope of a swift end to the world, so as to assure my own. Although, it bears mentioning, that modern industrial society, while insanely fragile & self-destructive, will probably keep afloat for a little while longer. At least another decade, I'd imagine. Civilization's days are numbered no doubt, but, unfortunately, its inevitable collapse is just far enough in the future to not be of any real use to someone like me as far as an easy means of a vicarious suicide is concerned. Hell, I might even be in my fifties (I'm 27 now) before shit really starts to unravel. Plus, do keep in mind that a collapse of this magnitude, despite what Hollywood may have led you to believe, isn't going to be an overnight extravaganza of giant explosions & mass death in the streets. If anything, it'll be a long grueling process of extreme austerity & restrictions being put on daily life before slowly, over time, things just start to breakdown & disappear. Mostly as a result of lack of resources and an ever more inhospitable climate. Rome may not have been built in a day, but it didn't collapse in a day either, so to speak. If only it didn't take the end of everything as we currently know it, to cause my death. It's all quite silly, isn't it?

Climate change will take a few more hundred years to end the planet though...
3rd World War with mutual assured destruction is far more likely imo

Well, you're half-right. Climate change will render this planet lifeless far sooner than you think. I'd imagine that 300 years from now, this planet will, odds are, be either resembling Mars or Venus. Either a boiling hellish cauldron, or a cold sterile rock with an almost non-existent atmosphere. Not that we humans will ever know for certain. We'll be long extinct by then.

A nuclear war though would, indeed, be an abrupt/terminal end for our species. From my view, one of the greatest myths propagated in the 20th century, and even to this day to some extent, is the absurd notion that a nuclear war could be survivable in any way, shape, or form for humans. Newsflash, but it wouldn't be. Like....at all. Agriculture would be an impossibility, all animal life would pretty much be extinct, the water/air/soil would be, for all intents & purposes, permanently contaminated, nuclear power plants caught in the blasts would also add greatly to the already heavy radiation blanketing the globe, the dust/debris from the explosions would create a thick overcast that would last for quite some time causing major issues for any kind of chance at survival (etc.) Keep in mind, that even a "minor exchange" between Pakistan & India would cause all this to happen to an enormous catastrophic effect. The fact of the matter is, we humans have a tendency to overestimate our adaptiveness by a fairly large margin. In reality, we, like most other mammals, are weak, needy, and can exist in only a narrow range of planetary conditions. Compared to beetles or nautiloids, we've never weathered anything particularly difficult as a species. Especially not on the level of a mass extinction event and, since we're now in the midst of one due to both exponential growth & climate change, I honestly can't see us lasting very long much longer. Not to mention, that both those two factors I just mentioned, make a nuclear exchange practically a guarantee. The only question is when within the next few decades will it happen. The fact that life on this planet, including us, will be blown away like a thin coat of dust on a dresser is, again, completely unavoidable. No great loss, frankly.

CCSM4_rcp85_global_temperature_change_spiral.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Lisa and Smilla