Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
It's obvious that quality of life for most people has improved drastically over the past century, but I don't understand when people think that the world is mostly a good place. Trillions of wild animals throughout history have suffered in so many horrible ways, eaten alive, chased to exhaustion, starvation, drought, etc. Nature is cruel and from a human perspective, I don't know how you could see it as anything other than evil.

I am not implying there are not good experiences and happiness in life, there are so many, but they do not outweigh the bad in my opinion. I think life isn't worth living, to say that life is mostly good does not make sense to me.

100 billion people have roamed the earth. most of them died starving or slowly from infection. others from being killed in the endless wars and raids throughout our history. the lucky die of cancer and strokes.

you dont need the media to realize life is nasty brutish short solitary and poor, and only very recently got slightly better for a relatively very small fraction of people, and only some of the time.

Not saying that everything is terrible.

But man is this world a cruel, evil, harsh place.

It all goes back to humans and their natural traits.

We are greedy, selfish, and terrible people naturally. While it is NO ONES fault we are like this, it just how humans have evolved to be.

Many humans will do terrible things to others just for there own act of greed, or selfishness.

This is in a global scale. No one likes to help each other. The fact that there are billionaires that worry about which yacht to buy, and then there are millions of people starving around the globe who can't get a next meal shows how greedy we are. I am not influencing communism by any means, but the fact this is an issue shows how greedy we are.

People do terrible things to others just for themselves. Lots of people don't think for others. Only themselves.

Reactions: Byebyemap, shun75x, Neogoloid and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I bet many don't wish to accept that this world is such an evil and hellish place as doing such would scare them and shatter their delusional worldview. It disturbs me how this world is filled with meaningless suffering and senseless cruelty, the existence of life is such a horrific tragedy, it's very tragic how humans still continue to procreate despite the fact that there is no limit as to how much one can suffer. All that existence does is just cause harm and suffering, I'd see it as better that existence is eternally erased.

Reactions: myusername890 and Darkover
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
It is very hard to find kind people and it is hard to be kind in a world made up of mean people. Man seldom does anything without gaining from it himself. People are selfish. Those who sell goods and services want money. In privacy, it works the same way: your relatives give you things and money to get something in return - maybe they just want to meet you or keep you alive (against your will).

Reactions: Iamtired, lightnings and Darkover