• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I did see that earlier … I still post some there but I feel safer here.

Reactions: Cyanide
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
It is a stupid word that severs no purpose other than segregating people into two silly groups. The "normies" and the others with special snowflake syndrome. Also, I don't see the point in bringing pointless reddit drama to this site.

W

war-is-lost

Student
Apr 15, 2018
Now the poor bastards at TTG can't even criticize Reddit as they are some kind of graceful hosts. how far will they go to stifle the freedom of speech? I seriously think the mods there are trolling the users and/or they are seriously really dumb. I wonder what they are allowed to talk about? Can't talk methods, can't say farewell, can't have titles less than 30 characters long, can't say certain words.... Next they will ban any talk of suicide.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TimeToGo/comments/8qi5bb/mod_please_be_respectful_of_reddit_its_not_their/

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
It's very dangerous to be judgemental towards new people, at least in this community.

You never know if who you are talking to is a wannabe or someone in your shoes, if you were to just assume that they were a wannabe, then you might potentially neglect support towards someone who might as well have been you. It's a dilemma, so might as well just support everyone even if they aren't in your shoes, even if they are not suicidal. Banning the word "normie" would eliminate the former choice but a certain extent, it is very important to keep toxicity out of communities which could decide someone's death.

Reactions: Caerula
W

war-is-lost

Student
Apr 15, 2018
It's very dangerous to be judgemental towards new people, at least in this community.

You never know if who you are talking to is a wannabe or someone in your shoes, if you were to just assume that they were a wannabe, then you might potentially neglect support towards someone who might as well have been you. It's a dilemma, so might as well just support everyone even if they aren't in your shoes, even if they are not suicidal. Banning the word "normie" would eliminate the former choice but a certain extent, it is very important to keep toxicity out of communities which could decide someone's death.

I agree that it is dangerous to assume anything about people on these forums and yes it is better that everyone is supported. But do you really think that banning certain words would really cut out the toxicity and save someone ?The whole thing reminds me of the novel 1984.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I don't think the word "normies" is about the public vs elite separation or oligarchy creation.

From what I saw in posts, it represents a frustration of people talking with others. Hearing the same shit and viewing others as crazy because they go out of the norm. Its like hitting a hard wall with your head

There is no group named "non-normies" and although I'm against discrimination. Its just a silly thing when everyone calls you "Mentally ill" or "depressed" as a derogatory to silence you and out of the norm thinking while crying about a word.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Also we can't equalize the oppressor and the oppressed. I'm not saying we should attack everyone else. But how do they treat us? Like shit. Do they accept us and our ideas? No. How they view our ctb ideas? Craziness and they ignore being a part of the problem.

And Tbh many people here are suffering because they are very nice and saint-like while the majority of people are shit and give them problems that made it very hard to live to the point of ctb.

I know one word can be wrong. But what the fuck is comparing a word to a mountain of wrongs done by others.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
I agree that it is dangerous to assume anything about people on these forums and yes it is better that everyone is supported. But do you really think that banning certain words would really cut out the toxicity and save someone ?The whole thing reminds me of the novel 1984.

The community is so small, so you should ban toxicity based on an individual instead of moderating it to an absolute.
If this community was larger I believe such actions would be acceptable, after all, we wouldn't be any sort of large community, we would be a large community where moderation would prove fatal.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
The community is so small, so you should ban toxicity based on an individual instead of moderating it to an absolute.
If this community was larger I believe such actions would be acceptable, after all, we wouldn't be any sort of large community, we would be a large community where moderation would prove fatal.

I dont disagree, but why tolerate big amount of toxicness and focus on this word. That's what I noticed in reddit generally and in the subreddit specifically. It just shows how hypocrisy and double standards.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
I dont disagree, but why tolerate big amount of toxicness and focus on this word. That's what I noticed in reddit generally and in the subreddit specifically. It just shows how hypocrisy and double standards.
My point is that they shouldn't ban someone just because "they said the word" and they should instead ban if a member is acting up. If the community was bigger I would differ, but that's not the case, the mods are just lazy.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
My point is that they shouldn't ban someone just because "they said the word" and they should instead ban if a member is acting up. If the community was bigger I would differ, but that's not the case, the mods are just lazy.

Yea. Resorting to automatic methods while the community is small and problems can be solved individually. It can be differentiated if the word used in a different context and banning is unfair if the person intention wasn't toxic.