Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Why is everything in the universe so fucked up? Why does suffering exist? Why aren't there enough ressources for everyone? Why have conscious beings the physical need to eat other conscious beings and if they don't they will experience huge amounts of pain and then die? If there is a god or something/somewhat that is responsible for creating this universe, then they fucked up very badly. Imagine if you would have the power to create a universe with conscious beings and you would be able to understand what that means. So you would know that conscious beings are able to experience different kind of feelings and emotions that can feel good, bad or something in between. If you are god and you would have some moral standards or you would care even a little bit for this conscious beings, then you would create the universe in a way that no suffering exists. Suffering would just be something that is physically not possible. The laws of nature just wouldn't allow it. All there would be to experience for this conscious beings would be happiness, joy, love, satisfaction, confidence and so on. And everything would be perfect. Yet if something is responsible for this mess he created it in a way that suffering exists and conscious beings can experience crazy amounts of pain that have no meaning.

So why did God, if there is one, or something else that we can't think of, decide to make everything this fucked up? Or is there another possbile explanation but our limited human brains wouldn't even be able to even think of it?

Reactions: sserafim, Forever Sleep and Dingusguy
Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
If I was a god I would have made a universe without suffering, but somehow I also think that would be the wrong way to do it. Because without suffering, sadness, pain, grief and so on. How do we separate the good emotions from bad ones? I have the feeling that somehow everything would become bland or muted if there was nothing to contrast the joy. it might be a necessary evil to have all those awful experiences around.

That being said, if I had the power to make a universe without all that I would still try. Just to see if it was any better than what we have now.
Because I also hate this shithole full of awful things and awful people and I wish there was a way out that wouldn't hurt the ones around me

Reactions: sserafim and Darkover
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah- exactly. Which is why I don't understand why people find comfort in the idea of there being a God. How can they reconcile their notion of a loving, caring father figure with... this?!! I'm really hoping there isn't one and this all happened accidentally. I really hope that.

I used to hope there was a heaven when I was a child. It just doesn't make any sense now though. Not when you look at how this world has been set up to be a trial by fire for a lot. What kind of 'loving father' subjects its children to this?!!

I dread to think of the kind of personality who would dream up all the horrendous ways in which the creatures on this earth suffer. If you thought serial killers and child rapists were bad- who do you suppose came up with a mind capable of that depravity? And- if that's the devils work then- the devil is clearly stronger than God- otherwise- why wouldn't God simply kill Satan?

If there is a heaven, I see it simply as an extention of how corrupt the earth is. A pretentious and highly select country club that can turn anyone away- even really good people because they aren't a big enough Jesus/God fan. Probably all those child molesting priests are living it up while all the perfectly good atheists are burning in hell. Why would anyone even want to be in another world designed by such a corrupt architect?!!

Still- of course. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there's some profoundly good reason for all of this that my tiny human mind can't comprehend. Maybe it will all make sense one day but I doubt it.

Honestly, I'm kind of amazed at how forgiving religious people are- of God! Maybe because they are (rightfully) scared of him/her/it. (If they exist.) I can't see any good reason to inflict so much suffering- personally. Although it doesn't do anyone any good, if there is a God, I find it hard to forgive them for killing my Mum when she was 40. Not the worse thing they've done- by a very long way but- the worst thing they've done to me so far.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I've heard about the prison planet theory and I think it could possibly explain why the world is so fucked up. Some of it sounds pretty out there though, so idk...