• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
The universe doesn't care about us, humans. We are insignificant in the universe. so insignificant even, that after we are gone (and I mean the human race and eventually our planet), the universe will not notice it. Humans will have gone extinct long before the earth ceases to exist, and it is very unlikely that somebody (provided there actually is anyone else in the universe) in the universe will notice or if they notice (and that is a BIG if) they probably won't care. So, I think the universe is indifferent and uncaring and cold.

I also don't think there is a god.

Is the universe pointless? Is earth? In the grander scheme of things, on the big-time scales, yes! it is pointless. We evolved from simple amino acids to macromolecules, to ever more complex self-organizing systems that eventually started to preserve themselves from the entropy that will eventually be the master of us all. Millions of years later, we emerged. And at one point we will go extinct, together with all the other lifeforms that we know now. And none of what any of us ever did will matter. There will be a time that earth is a barren planet, or at least devoid of life. And I don't pretend to know the fate of the universe, but it wouldn't surprise me if even that will "someday" will cease to exist or become static or whatever may happen.

So what? Who cares about the times in thousands, hundreds of thousands, nay even millions of billions of years from now? You and I, we deal with our own life, right now. I don't believe in an afterlife or a god or whatnot only that rebirth mighht occurs again if not then your nothing forever

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Probably true. It's likely governed by a bunch of unfeeling laws that just cause stuff to happen.

What's worse I think though is- we do have the ability to care. We could care about the whole universe but- do we? Really? Why don't we act like we do then?!! Because we're selfish? Because we're designed to be that way? I don't know but common sense ought to make us realise that we need to start taking better care of 'our' earth because- it's pretty necessary for our survival!

Plus, if you truly don't believe in a God. And you truly believe the universe acts unconsciously, what's the point in feeling angry with it? It's like being angry with a rain cloud because it got you wet.

Although, I do share that resentment in being born here to begin with but that came about specifically because our parents procreated. Beyond that, who knows?

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Plus, if you truly don't believe in a God. And you truly believe the universe acts unconsciously, what's the point in feeling angry with it?

Because feelings are irrational. They just happen and we don't have much control over them, just like fear of death. Even that soul eating grudge we hold against people who wronged us, because there is no free will.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Because feelings are irrational. They just happen and we don't have much control over them, just like fear of death. Even that soul eating grudge we hold against people who wronged us, because there is no free will.

Yeah, true. It's difficult not to feel angry about unfairness. Whether it's conscious or not.

I can't say I believe in no free will though. I'd agree that our options are sometimes severely limited but, we still make choices. Even things like atheism are a choice- after assessing the facts and coming to your own conclusions.

To some extent, we can also control the amount of anger we feel. So- you forget your umbrella on the way to work and get soaking wet. You can focus all that anger on the rain cloud if you like- it deliberately stalked you and chose to shed it's load all on you. Or- you can see that as preposterous. You can get angry at yourself and how forgetful and unprepared you were- not looking at the weather forecast and leaving your umbrella behind. Or, you can just use it as another example as to why you hate being alive.

I think a fair bit is choice. Even to the extent that I imagine a lot of us in this section aren't all that in to 'recovery' or, trying to think constructively or possitively. So- as in the above example. Maybe most normies would blame getting wet on bad timing/bad luck and stupidity for not being prepared. Maybe most of us would see it as another one of life's unwanted trials and another reason we want out.

Reactions: sserafim
Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Yeah, true. It's difficult not to feel angry about unfairness. Whether it's conscious or not.

I can't say I believe in no free will though. I'd agree that our options are sometimes severely limited but, we still make choices. Even things like atheism are a choice- after assessing the facts and coming to your own conclusions.

To some extent, we can also control the amount of anger we feel. So- you forget your umbrella on the way to work and get soaking wet. You can focus all that anger on the rain cloud if you like- it deliberately stalked you and chose to shed it's load all on you. Or- you can see that as preposterous. You can get angry at yourself and how forgetful and unprepared you were- not looking at the weather forecast and leaving your umbrella behind. Or, you can just use it as another example as to why you hate being alive.

I think a fair bit is choice. Even to the extent that I imagine a lot of us in this section aren't all that in to 'recovery' or, trying to think constructively or possitively. So- as in the above example. Maybe most normies would blame getting wet on bad timing/bad luck and stupidity for not being prepared. Maybe most of us would see it as another one of life's unwanted trials and another reason we want out.
Beliefs are not choices. You only believe because that makes senses to you. But can you really decide what makes sense for you? If I could, I would choose to see life like most people do, at least that way I could cope better.

I think a fair bit is choice.

Not even a single one. Every action we make comes from a chain of events and circumstances beyond our control such as genes, emotions, intelligence, knowledge in the moment, will, desire , state of mind and so on. You were lead to make the choice you did.

For all these examples you gave - What would lead someone to take out their frustrations on the rain, on themselves or life? Each person would perceive the unfortunate moment in such a unique way. Therefore, it would be a stretch to say they really have chosen how to feel, since the way everyone perceive things depends on many factors they could not choose.

I can't even imagine a being who have true free will. It's like trying to imagine a triangle-circle or nothingness.
Regardless of how free such a being is, it does not change the fact that all of their choices are determined by circumstances. Even God (if they exists) was the victim of some circumstance that led them to create the universe, so being angry against God would be irrational as well. Just as it would be even more irrational for them to punish us.

Last edited:
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
The universe doesn't care about us, humans. We are insignificant in the universe. so insignificant even, that after we are gone (and I mean the human race and eventually our planet), the universe will not notice it. Humans will have gone extinct long before the earth ceases to exist, and it is very unlikely that somebody (provided there actually is anyone else in the universe) in the universe will notice or if they notice (and that is a BIG if) they probably won't care. So, I think the universe is indifferent and uncaring and cold.

I also don't think there is a god.

Is the universe pointless? Is earth? In the grander scheme of things, on the big-time scales, yes! it is pointless. We evolved from simple amino acids to macromolecules, to ever more complex self-organizing systems that eventually started to preserve themselves from the entropy that will eventually be the master of us all. Millions of years later, we emerged. And at one point we will go extinct, together with all the other lifeforms that we know now. And none of what any of us ever did will matter. There will be a time that earth is a barren planet, or at least devoid of life. And I don't pretend to know the fate of the universe, but it wouldn't surprise me if even that will "someday" will cease to exist or become static or whatever may happen.

So what? Who cares about the times in thousands, hundreds of thousands, nay even millions of billions of years from now? You and I, we deal with our own life, right now. I don't believe in an afterlife or a god or whatnot only that rebirth mighht occurs again if not then your nothing forever
I believe the cosmos is a logical intelligence and we are the product of elements, that evolved to create Earth and it's inhabitants. Eventually, our planet will implode and our remains will become šŸŒŸdust that will once again join the cosmic journey. I used to believe in an omnipresent God but the more I see of humanity, the more I realise that we are not God's creation. We pray to 'God' for peace but I see more wars. We pray for food and water and then I see children starving. Religion enables people to pray to nothingness, and relieve them of guilt for their failure to resolve the devastation that is gripping our world. Anger, greed, selfishness, brutality, disease, famine, wars just to mention a few, God does not intervene other than to threaten the individual with devine retribution if xyz is done or not done. Why does God allow children to starve. Why does God allow wars if intervention can find peace. No, humankind has deluded itself and has created its own destructive mindset which I fear will end humankind, the failed nature experiment.

Last edited: