• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
In the UK telegraph newspaper on the 10th Sept there was an article.... "The algorithm designed to spot people at risk of suicide before it's too late"... I'm not tech savvy enough to be able to put a link here. It has also featured in other newspapers around the world.

I'm quite concerned about the privacy issues around the use of the algorithm but the main reason I'm posting this here is, after the conversations we've been having about Suicide prevention day/month, the very telling paragraph, which surely goes some way to explain why there is so much effort put into suicide prevention is this.....
"The arguments are economic as well as ethical. Suicides are expensive. Last year the Department for Transport estimated suicides caused 847,000 minutes of delays on the rail network - at a cost of £68 million ($130m). In 2004, a study put the cost of suicide to families and the wider economy at £1.29m per death, the equivalent of £2m today - £13.7bn for all 6859 deaths in 2018."
idc how much it cost them... i just dont. maybe they should make it legal to take your own life in hospitals with no age limit, well maybe 18+

Remember_Me

Remember_Me

Sep 11, 2020
"Last year the Department for Transport estimated suicides caused 847,000 minutes of delays on the rail network - at a cost of £68 million"

847,000 minutes equals 588 days. That's 223 more days than actually in a year!! Is my maths wrong?

S

ScaredToLive

Student
Feb 2, 2020
I think it's in shock doctrine. Where the ceo of a weapons manufacture says "it's been a very good year for us". That was the year of the Iraq war and countless civilian deaths. All we will ever be to them is money, you work your whole life to make them rich, then you die old and penniless. Sounds great

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Lol why would anyone be surprised that they only care about the money? The powers that be will murder millions for oil, have child slaves mine for cobalt, will literally destroy earths entire climate and ecosystem for just 1 extra penny.
I always knew it, that's what I hate about this world the most. Greed is one of the most disgusting evils.

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Even if this program worked, no one would do anything. It's the reverse facial recognition system. If they determine who's at risk, what do they plan on doing with those people? No one will do anything because they'll rely on this deus ex system to inform them, and data can be faked. Suddenly suicide rates drop, or worse, are skewed to serve some corporate purpose.
They don't care about the story, they care about the money

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I was reading an article on why you should seek help your depression or suicidal thoughts. They actually had the gall to bring up employers missing out on their employee's work hours.
:pfff: :pfff: :pfff: I hate this planet so fucking much :pfff::pfff::pfff:
Tempted to go on welfare so that I can offer them a deal "let me use a shotgun and expend one round and you won't have to pay for my doritos for seven more fucking decades".

Last edited: