T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
In my case my father's actions, ignorance, selfishness and cowardice are what helped pushed me here. Some families deserve respect.... Most don't.

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
In my case my father's actions, ignorance, selfishness and cowardice are what helped pushed me here. Some families deserve respect.... Most don't.
@TooConscious virtual hug 🫂 🤗 you deserved so much better. My father is a complete piece of shit too and so are my relatives these people are biggest reason why I feel like I do not belong anywhere and crave belonging.

Family cruelty is the worst suffering because we never chose the families we are born in to and we never asked to be born but end up suffering all because we were born into the wrong family.

The people who use the family argument fail to understand that there is plenty of piece of shit families who drive people to kill themselves or suffer from mental health problems. Most people do not understand the real pain, misery and torment that comes with having cruel and abusive family members.

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
To be fair- the argument works on me- it's why I'm still here. I don't want my CTB to upset my Dad. That said, my family isn't without its problems. Some of them were certainly the reason I became suicidal to begin with. So yeah- I'm sure for plenty of people- they are a big part of the cause for us feeling this way to begin with!

I hate the way people use it to emotionally blackmail us- usually after other strategies have failed. If they can't convince us it's a good idea to live for ourselves, they will revert to guilt tripping us into staying for others.

Even a helpline did it to me! To be fair- I didn't want anything to do with them. It only came about because of those IC SN wellness checks. So- I guess I wasn't the most receptive caller to begin with but yeah- this woman played the 'think of what it would do to your family' card. I was absolutely furious. I've hung on for 33 years for my family! Ok- she didn't know that but to give me some lecture without knowing me or my situation I really didn't think was helpful.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
@TooConscious virtual hug 🫂 🤗 you deserved so much better. My father is a complete piece of shit too and so are my relatives these people are biggest reason why I feel like I do not belong anywhere and crave belonging.

Family cruelty is the worst suffering because we never chose the families we are born in to and we never asked to be born but end up suffering all because we were born into the wrong family.

The people who use the family argument fail to understand that there is plenty of piece of shit families who drive people to kill themselves or suffer from mental health problems. Most people do not understand the real pain, misery and torment that comes with having cruel and abusive family members.
🙏
I used to feel out of place through my youth but you eventually realize when you sit in it long enough that there is peace to be found in solitude/being alone can truly be a gift.
I hope you learn to alchemize the experience.
All the best to you.

Last edited: