WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I often wonder what it's like to have "loved ones" haha I have a family who hates me and the feeling is mutual. I have a few "friends" (most internet friends) they tell me they love me care about me etc but I don't feel loved. I don't even know what it's like to be loved. Sometimes I think I'm stupid for even wondering about it. In the end it doesn't even matter. I see it around me all the time people with families and friends and social life die then what happens? You'd think life would stop for them people will go crazy etc but nah everyone just moves on and goes about their lives. It's crazy. My sister lost her daughter I thought it will change her but no less than 2 months later she wears makeup goes out laugh eat and carry on. It's insane. It doesn't even fucking matter after all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, suisuiforum and 10 others
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
I often wonder what it's like to have "loved ones" haha I have a family who hates me and the feeling is mutual. I have a few "friends" (most internet friends) they tell me they love me care about me etc but I don't feel loved. I don't even know what it's like to be loved. Sometimes I think I'm stupid for even wondering about it. In the end it doesn't even matter. I see it around me all the time people with families and friends and social life die then what happens? You'd think life would stop for them people will go crazy etc but nah everyone just moves on and goes about their lives. It's crazy. My sister lost her daughter I thought it will change her but no less than 2 months later she wears makeup goes out laugh eat and carry on. It's insane. It doesn't even fucking matter after all.
love is a myth, it doesnt exist

Reactions: Pisceslilith, Rogue Proxy, auror. and 3 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020

There are people like your sister, but I was once at a graveyard and saw a tombstone for a 5 year old boy who died 20 years ago - there were fresh flowers on his grave, so obviously his parents still come there and mourn his death. It almost made me cry when I saw those flowers. One member of this forum wants to ctb to be reunited with her son who died in an accident. Some people move on after death of a loved one, but some never do.

• Love
Reactions: XYZ
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
There is a degree of connection between people that we call love, some are capable of experiencing it to a greater degree, some are not. But ultimately you're right - everyone else's life will go on with or without you, and I don't mean you personally, that's true for everyone.

Reactions: Pisceslilith and XYZ
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
My cat is a loved one

Reactions: Pisceslilith, Anxieyote, littlelungs and 2 others
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
I always found it to be a very gaslighting term.

My family gets together on holidays. Does that mean they are loving? Fuck no. They're doing it because that's how families are supposed to look, and what they are supposed to do.

I know they don't actually like me, and if we were strangers, they wouldn't give me the time of day. They never reach out to me outside of holiday events like Christmas or Thanksgiving; and that is telling.

I am a fixture in a machine that forms the functioning family unit—or at least the appearance of one.

I have conjured more love for my stuffed animals than I ever have for one of my extended family members. What a joke this life has been.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith, suisuiforum, ithappens and 4 others