VabeniPokojneTmy

VabeniPokojneTmy

reMember
Jun 6, 2020
Are there some locally known places to ctb in the location where you live?

I live in a village close to a small town and between them there is long straight road. Halway to the town, next to the road, there stands old three (I think it's an oak but I am not sure). Since I was a child there have been death cases of car crashes, every year at least one. But till the last one I didn't know most of them were probably sucides.

My dad drove me some day in April to the town, early in the morning, and we had to take alternative road because there was a car crash by the tree. We saw a helicopter flying away from the accident but later we found out that it was empty. The driver was a young man who crashed into the tree in high speed, he was broken beyond recognition.

My aunt later told me those details and a fact that it was a suicide and this tree served many before him to suicide, because of the long straight road there is easy to accelerate the car and missing the old big tree is unlikely (if you want to crash into it)

I paid more attention to the tree when I drove on that road and there are many "scars" on its stem but the tree is stading strongly.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, WitheringAway, Frt and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
People have often asked on this forum, "How do so many poor people in places like India successfully ctb, while we have all these resources and plan and still fail?"

I think the OP partially answers that. Remote places or places where there aren't a lot of technological resources rely on word of mouth.

People always find a way to ctb. It gets out that the tree is useful for car crash suicides. People hang themselves, and word gets around how they did it. People love to have inside information and whisper it to one another, even if it's not talked about publicly. And heck, there are probably as many partial hanging failures in India as there are for us, and probably many who practice until they get it right, or move on to another method like full suspension.

Now every time I pass roadside shrines along dangerous curves, especially where there are multiple shrines at one site, I'll realize that a lot of them were probably suicides passed off to look like accidents.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, WitheringAway, Frt and 1 other person