W

WhiskersAndPurr

Dec 19, 2023
Greetings to everyone who reads my post. I am a transgender girl from Russia, and it's very difficult for me at this moment

You've probably heard about the terrible things my country has done over the past 1.5 years. Everything is complicated by the fact that my country recently passed a law banning gender reassignment. According to it, gender-affirming surgeries, hormonal therapy and changing gender in documents are now prohibited in Russia. Previously it was possible

Recently (November 30) in my country LGBT was recognized as an "Extremist organization". For participation in which we face 10 years in prison. Not only for participation, but also for demonstrating symbols or justifying its participants. The law comes into force on January 10

I face discrimination and misunderstanding from most people. I'm very lonely. There are almost no people around me who would support me

My parents tried to "fix" me and used to lock me at home. Then, on the contrary, they kicked me out of the house, throwing things out the door

I have no job, no friends, no education. I can't go anywhere

I have been thinking about suicide using intert gas for a long time. In Russia, everything you need (a nitrogen cylinder, a nitrogen supply regulator, an exit bag and a hose can be bought for about $150. I have this money. I live alone now, so there won't be any problems

My last hope is to find a way to move to another country where I can be myself and live a happy life. I need help and support from anyone who can provide me with information on how to do this and maybe that's why I'm writing here

I could marry a citizen of another country and move that way. Or try to ask for political asylum (But this will be very expensive, because due to sanctions I will need to spend a lot of money to get a visa and buy tickets to another country

If anyone has any ideas, advice or just words of understanding, please reply to my message. I am ready to listen and discuss all possible options

You can write to me in telegram. My nickname is: @MeowMeowPrettyKitty

But it's better to answer on this forum or write to me here in private messages. This way I will have more confidence in you

I don't expect anyone to help me, but why not try?

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sylveon, this_is_it, Aim and 5 others
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
I'm so sorry you're going through so much hell just trying to exist. I heard of the conditions there a while back and I found it to be just so sad.
Personally I've only moved countries when I was 3, I remember none of it so I can't help you in that way.
I really hope you get some freedom soon though I'm glad you have an attainable recourse though.

if you don't mind me asking (sorry if this sounds stupid, I'm not extremely informed about how Russia works), why can't you just do it in Russia?

casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
I can only wish you a happy life and luck in your endeavors.

W

WhiskersAndPurr

Dec 19, 2023
why can't you just do it in Russia?
What to do in Russia? Make the transition? I'm already doing it by buying hormones from illegal sellers.

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye
dreamingofrest

dreamingofrest

so, so tired
Nov 7, 2023
I wish I had some real advice for you on how to get somewhere safer, what you've had to go through is absolutely horrible. I really hope you're able to get the help you need and find some peace, however that is.
I'm no expert on immigration and asylum, but maybe the information on one of these links could help?

W

WhiskersAndPurr

Dec 19, 2023
I wish I had some real advice for you on how to get somewhere safer, what you've had to go through is absolutely horrible. I really hope you're able to get the help you need and find some peace, however that is.
I'm no expert on immigration and asylum, but maybe the information on one of these links could help?

The problem is how to get to a country that is willing to provide me with protection? Tickets and visas are very expensive. More than $1000

dreamingofrest

dreamingofrest

so, so tired
Nov 7, 2023
The problem is how to get to a country that is willing to provide me with protection? Tickets and visas are very expensive. More than $1000
Yeah, I see how that's a hard barrier to get past. That's a lot of money to get together without anyone else helping. I'd suggest a gofundme but I know that those aren't always the best option.
I'm really sorry you're in this position right now.

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Can't offer much help that hasn't been given, but I hope you are granted asylum somewhere nice in Western Europe! Good luck to you.