Reflection

Reflection

One last hurrah
Sep 12, 2024
Other than the reason driving me to seek suicide, a lot of things in this world I feel are just...not for me, especially the way people generally seem to treat one another, humanity has become so fixated on self centeredness and individualism that it has been totally confused with self care/love and it's just depressing.

We just wanna take and take, and not sacrifice or compromise when it's our turn to do so, we hate feeling obligated towards anyone, even our own parents or partners even when it's the right thing to do because we feel like we'd lose our "free will" or self agency by doing so. And when it's all said and done wonder why we're unhappy...

Reactions: landslide2, ijustwishtodie, Forever Sleep and 2 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Sorry to hear about your difficult thoughts but I feel the same about the world. I thought my disease maybe affecting me but the global news is alarming howevermuch a positive spin is drawn. Ive seen more anger in people and we seem to live amongst devisive people who are self-serving, including incompetence of many governments.

Reactions: Reflection and ijustwishtodie
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
The lack of community and empathy is making everyone more depressed its sad

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, Reflection, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Social selfishness will never get better. At least not in the U.S. The internet has conditioned society to live lives of narcissism. The most useless people are being rewarded online. It's over.

Reactions: Reflection, divinemistress36 and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Same here. I hate this world so fucking much. I genuinely have no idea why anybody wants to contribute to society when it's this fucked. I hate humanity so much and always will. To me, humans are the worst species on this planet

FlufflesAway

FlufflesAway

Jul 31, 2024
I used to think like that, but now I think it's more about seeing the world through a depressed lens. Awful things have been going on since the start of civilization I guess. All I can do is control what's around me. I resisted this way of thinking for the longest time, but I give up now. Maybe it's cope, but I feel comfortable with this perspective. Yea, people are mean. Society is fucked up. I can't change that though. It's not my responsibility.