• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
I've been reading a lot about bridge heights and surface you land on. I don't even want to try jumping into water. You're still 99% likely to die fairly instantly from the impact if the height is 200+ feet. 99% of Golden gate Bridge jumpers broke all their ribs and dislodged their lungs and heart; and died. They're falling so fast that they go down DEEP in the water and typically die before even reaching the lowest point. Some have even been eaten by sharks on the way down.There are at least four bridges in my area that are 300+ feet, and one that is 450 feet with nothing but rock underneath. Funny how all of them have suicide phones on them.

I Google searched the 450 foot one and at least three people jumped last year. All of their bodies basically disintegrated upon impact. You won't reach terminal velocity (maximum fall speed, which is 120 mph/200 km per hour) from 450 feet as you have to fall from 1,500+ feet to do so. But at 450 feet, I'd fall for about five seconds and come crashing down at about 116 miles per hour. Instant death for sure. Here is the Splat Calculator for those who want to use it and determine a good height for instant death.

https://www.angio.net/personal/climb/speed.html

What sucks is that my heart pounds like crazy even when driving over that bridge. It will take some courage for me to even walk out there and do it. I'm sure some whiskey will help. Fuck this world. Its so disgusting, as is my life!

FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
You may want to consider posting this to the resources thread. They may pick it up. Also, like Machonne, I love your username!

alice-jane

alice-jane

Apr 22, 2018
I've been reading a lot about bridge heights and surface you land on. I don't even want to try jumping into water. You're still 99% likely to die fairly instantly from the impact if the height is 200+ feet. 99% of Golden gate Bridge jumpers broke all their ribs and dislodged their lungs and heart; and died. They're falling so fast that they go down DEEP in the water and typically die before even reaching the lowest point. Some have even been eaten by sharks on the way down.There are at least four bridges in my area that are 300+ feet, and one that is 450 feet with nothing but rock underneath. Funny how all of them have suicide phones on them.

I Google searched the 450 foot one and at least three people jumped last year. All of their bodies basically disintegrated upon impact. You won't reach terminal velocity (maximum fall speed, which is 120 mph/200 km per hour) from 450 feet as you have to fall from 1,500+ feet to do so. But at 450 feet, I'd fall for about five seconds and come crashing down at about 116 miles per hour. Instant death for sure. Here is the Splat Calculator for those who want to use it and determine a good height for instant death.

https://www.angio.net/personal/climb/speed.html

What sucks is that my heart pounds like crazy even when driving over that bridge. It will take some courage for me to even walk out there and do it. I'm sure some whiskey will help. Fuck this world. Its so disgusting, as is my life!
thanks for sharing the calculator. i will take a look. i am partial to jumping as well and want to make sure it does the job. poison or gunshot freak me out too much.