S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I can't help but wonder if this was from hackers or just from some normal technical difficulties- so far it keeps coming back, hopefully it will keep going. :)

Reactions: Manaaja
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This seems to happen frequently. I do not understand why it keeps on happening. There is nothing we can do after all, if the site goes down it is just the way that things are. In this life everything is unpredictable and nothing ever lasts.

Reactions: Passersby
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
This seems to happen frequently. I do not understand why it keeps on happening. There is nothing we can do after all, if the site goes down it is just the way that things are. In this life everything is unpredictable and nothing ever lasts.
Well they may be another option- somebody built an alternative site a while ago for this reason, but it is no longer operating- hopefully they will bring it back if needed.

Reactions: Manaaja

6ftunder

May 11, 2022
Has happened my end too. Looks as it would if the CSS link had been removed from the HTML for the site.

Reactions: Someone123
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
I'm glad you mentioned it. I'm new here, but I have already experienced it a couple of times, and though it might have been something wrong with my internet, apparently, it's a regular occurrence. It would be good to know the reason for it. Do you think the frequency of it increased with time? Or has it always been the same?

NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
I'm glad you mentioned it. I'm new here, but I have already experienced it a couple of times, and though it might have been something wrong with my internet, apparently, it's a regular occurrence. It would be good to know the reason for it. Do you think the frequency of it increased with time? Or has it always been the same?
I've only been experiencing the issues over the past few days -- not counting when they had to switch over to the '.net' site for a short bit last month.

Reactions: Sibyl Vane
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I know certain elements have it in for SS. But other sites go down too. Server issues. Routine maintenance.

That said it's hard not to panic when it happens.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It has been more often lately, but don't get upset with the mods, they are the ones fighting back. Hopefully thi8ngs will keep going.

Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
I'm glad to know it's not just me.

Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
It has been more often lately, but don't get upset with the mods, they are the ones fighting back. Hopefully thi8ngs will keep going.
Yes, of course! Its not their fault. I hope the same. :heart:

Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
I noticed it was down today for a while also.

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I hope that when the situation is under control they explain a little about what happened, I think it is something technical, because even when we were again in the eye of the storm again on december of last year, these problems had not arisen so frequently.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Possibly DDos attacks due to the nature of the site, also I don't know if this site is still connected to the incel one but if that is attacked then it will take out the others on the server.

Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe
Passersby

Passersby

Aug 29, 2019
What exactly is a ddos attack?

NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
What exactly is a ddos attack?
It is basically a Denial of Service attack. Someone comes at the servers from many different directions, flooding the servers with requests. Best case, the constant requests coming in keep the legitimate stuff out -- worst case, the servers shut down from overload.

Possibly DDos attacks due to the nature of the site, also I don't know if this site is still connected to the incel one but if that is attacked then it will take out the others on the server.
Very real possibility given what I'm seeing. I can still get to the pages, but they don't fully load - like something in the background is taking all of the processing time.

Passersby

Passersby

Aug 29, 2019
It is basically a Denial of Service attack. Someone comes at the servers from many different directions, flooding the servers with requests. Best case, the constant requests coming in keep the legitimate stuff out -- worst case, the servers shut down from overload.

Very real possibility given what I'm seeing. I can still get to the pages, but they don't fully load - like something in the background is taking all of the processing time.
Ok thanks. I have been having problems lately with the website too. Slow loading, cutting out, going down for a while and getting a message saying its gone. The page was white earlier with a bunch of random text and it wasn't usable. It's working for now though.

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Well they may be another option- somebody built an alternative site a while ago for this reason, but it is no longer operating- hopefully they will bring it back if needed.
Oh I wonder who it was XD
I don't think so, possibly it has something to do with that email about the maintenance costs of the site where it was reminded about making donations because the prices have gone up, and someone has to pay for the coke.