12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

“May it please you.” — Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
I have a strong disdain for inflatable bounce houses and have not been on one for twelve years. Essentially after that point my life became avoiding inflatables at all costs, and I withdrew into myself for two years.

I cannot stand their texture, and the way kids act on them, and the mere fact that I was on them made me wish that I was never born.

They have only been around for less than 65 years, humans have not been around long enough yet for them to adapt to it properly. Because of this they say absurd things on them.

This may not make sense to anyone but to me it does.

Reactions: lachrymost
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
There are phobias of all sorts of things- might be globophobia- although that seems to be more specifically towards the air filled side of things like balloons.

But- it's got to be awful that it literally changed your life. I'm sorry. I think there are treatments out there for phobias (which is what it sounds like) but I don't know how effective they are.

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
Thanks for the suggestion. It's kind of too late to fix my phobia now, since it's the root of my entire identity, though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I have a strong disdain for inflatable bounce houses and have not been on one for twelve years. Essentially after that point my life became avoiding inflatables at all costs, and I withdrew into myself for two years.

I cannot stand their texture, and the way kids act on them, and the mere fact that I was on them made me wish that I was never born.

They have only been around for less than 65 years, humans have not been around long enough yet for them to adapt to it properly. Because of this they say absurd things on them.

This may not make sense to anyone but to me it does.
I am not familiar with this affliction... can you elaborate a little? Is it any inflatable object or just bounce houses? Did something specific happen with regards to how kids behave on them? Just curious, thanks.

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
It is about the bounce houses. I don't like the texture, and the way that people act on them. I was last on one 12 years ago and I realized that I could have skipped wasting my time on them, didn't want to go on one again, and I swore that I would end my life before going on one again.