N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't want to demonize her. She could have been way worse. Though the media treats her like a demi-god which is in my opinion very one-sided.

There are several things I criticize her for.
The worst thing was in my opinion the scandal of Prince Andrew.

She helped her son to pay for the non-disclosure agreement. He had to pay 12 million pounds. If she was that special how the media depicts her why didn't she help to provide transparency. Honestly they did damage control. Andrew was friend of a pedophile sex criminal (Epstein). They were even at a residence of the Queen. She should have helped so that the truth was revealed and not hiding the facts. The moral of the story is if you are noble, rich and powerful you can do anything and escape the just punishment. It is a shame. Minors were raped. Instead of serving justice this was nepotism.
He was even invited to the funeral as a normal guests. The Epstein abuse survivors condemn that.

Then there were these racism allegations against the Royal family. Also here instead of transparency they did damage control

Why didn't the Queen condemn the crimes committed during colonialism enough.

I am sick that she is treated like a demi-god. The media should show a nuanced picture. Sometimes you can find some critical articles but they are a small minority.

What is your opinion on that? Maybe people from the UK have more information than me and can correct me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Zhendou, rationaltake and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Some parents would do anything to protect their kids. Whether they should is another story. They don't learn if they never have to face consequences. As for the racism Trevor Sinclair said something about it and got banned from Talksport.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
The Queen was no saint and neither is anyone else.

• Yay!
Reactions: Mr2005 and rationaltake
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It would be an achievement to have zero controversies or errors in 70 years of 24/7 scrutiny.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Mr2005
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I don't want to demonize her. She could have been way worse. Though the media treats her like a demi-god which is in my opinion very one-sided.

There are several things I criticize her for.
The worst thing was in my opinion the scandal of Prince Andrew.

She helped her son to pay for the non-disclosure agreement. He had to pay 12 million pounds. If she was that special how the media depicts her why didn't she help to provide transparency. Honestly they did damage control. Andrew was friend of a pedophile sex criminal (Epstein). They were even at a residence of the Queen. She should have helped so that the truth was revealed and not hiding the facts. The moral of the story is if you are noble, rich and powerful you can do anything and escape the just punishment. It is a shame. Minors were raped. Instead of serving justice this was nepotism.
He was even invited to the funeral as a normal guests. The Epstein abuse survivors condemn that.

Then there were these racism allegations against the Royal family. Also here instead of transparency they did damage control

Why didn't the Queen condemn the crimes committed during colonialism enough.

I am sick that she is treated like a demi-god. The media should show a nuanced picture. Sometimes you can find some critical articles but they are a small minority.

What is your opinion on that? Maybe people from the UK have more information than me and can correct me.
Oh I agree about some of the media treatment. People do like their icons and their royalty going back to when they believed the mere touch of a monarch could heal your sickness etc. Diana is the only other royal I can think of who inspired anywhere near as much reverence. In herself by all accounts the Queen was modest, kind, humble and shy. She wasn't a narcissist and didn't believe her own hype, but at some point in her younger years she must have realised she was a woman of destiny and resolved to try her best to live up to that.

As for Andrew, I felt really bad for her when that all kicked off. He was her favourite son but he turned out to be crass and a jerk with piss poor judgment. I'm glad no one blames the queen as such. In her latter years there were a lot of challenges, from the Charles love triangle to Diana's tragic and horrifying death, 2 motherless grandchildren, Harry and Meghan and then bloody Andrew. Somehow she kept her balance, stoical to the last.

Should she have acted differently regarding the Andrew scandal? Maybe but maybe she was tired old and frail, hers was a completely different generation and in any case she would have advisers telling her what best to do. As for Andrew, I think the utter humiliation and fall from grace in the eyes of everyone plus the inevitable trial by media, is probably punishment enough…

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Who is a saint in this world? She was no worse than anyone else on this planet. Disclaimer: I have no affinity for the queen as I'm in the US.