• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Fucking hideous flag. Another reason to hate Pride Month. But the ASDFGHJKL+ communnity barely even pretends to be about kumbaya togetherness anyway. It's about virulently pushing an agenda and fuck anyone who's not in the clique. And I sure am not, even though I'm gay.
So instead of fixing the actual problem, we should change the symbol into something that segregates people? Othering people of color is the way to fight racism?
Also, calling this "othering people of color" is so wildly ridiculous and completely misses the point. Why do I get the feeling that this flag could literally say "Kill all cr*cker scum" on it (Next year's redesign, maybe?) and you'd still find a way to argue that the reason why it's bad is only because it's somehow in a roundabout way supposedly offensive to black people?

Last edited:
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Yep, this is getting ridiculous. Most of these redesigns look like a literal parody. The rainbow is not even the focus on this flag.

...Is Ukraine a sexuality now?
Widerainbowbanner 2048x749

Reactions: DynamicDepression
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
Fucking hideous flag. Another reason to hate Pride Month. But the ASDFGHJKL+ communnity barely even pretends to be about kumbaya togetherness anyway. It's about virulently pushing an agenda and fuck anyone who's not in the clique. And I sure am not, even though I'm gay.

Also, calling this "othering people of color" is so wildly ridiculous and completely misses the point. Why do I get the feeling that this flag could literally say "Kill all cr*cker scum" on it (Next year's redesign, maybe?) and you'd still find a way to argue that the reason why it's bad is only because it's somehow in a roundabout way supposedly offensive to black people?
How am I missing the point? The redesign is othering people of color and transgender people because it separates them from the rest of the rainbow, thereby making them something else than the rest of the LGBT community. I never claimed that the redesign is only bad because of this, mind you, that was just what my conversation with come to dust was about.

There are many more reasons why the redesigns are wrong, some examples being the mockery they're making of a symbol millions of people have been murdered for and the redesigned flags being privately owned by their designers.
Yep, this is getting ridiculous. Most of these redesigns look like a literal parody. The rainbow is not even the focus on this flag.

...Is Ukraine a sexuality now?
View attachment 93304
It's not as if different symbols/flags can coexist for different reasons. No, you have to merge them all together. Otherwise, you're a bigot.

Reactions: Fragile
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
How am I missing the point? The redesign is othering people of color and transgender people because it separates them from the rest of the rainbow, thereby making them something else than the rest of the LGBT community. I never claimed that the redesign is only bad because of this, mind you, that was just what my conversation with come to dust was about.

There are many more reasons why the redesigns are wrong, some examples being the mockery they're making of a symbol millions of people have been murdered for and the redesigned flags being privately owned by their designers.

It's not as if different symbols/flags can coexist for different reasons. No, you have to merge them all together. Otherwise, you're a bigot.
I think you're just deliberately missing the point now. Such mental acrobatics.

D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
I think you're just deliberately missing the point now. Such mental acrobatics.
Again, could you explain to me what it is am missing? I'm not trying to be problematic, I legitimately do not know what you are referring to.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Again, could you explain to me what it is am missing? I'm not trying to be problematic, I legitimately do not know what you are referring to.
A flag that lionizes black people while deliberately excluding white people is not "othering" black people. It's a Fuck You to white people.

That's problem #1 with the flag. Its ugliness is a distant #2.

D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
A flag that lionizes black people while deliberately excluding white people is not "othering" blacks. It's a Fuck You to whites.
Ah, I see. Yes, that is a problem, as I stated in my original post:

It really pisses me off that people are adding additional lines for trans people and people of color. Why not put every symbol known to man on a flag so everyone can feel represented?
Othering people of color and being racist toward white people are not mutually exclusive and the flag manages both.

Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
A flag that lionizes black people while deliberately excluding white people is not "othering" black people. It's a Fuck You to white people.

How is the flag lionizing black people? What?

Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
This thread is about the new flag with the black and brown stripes.
Right, but that's not specifically geared towards black people. POC = everyone who's non-white.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
It's not actually.
It's irrelevant to me anyway. Either way the flag's a Fuck You to white people. So fuck this flag.
But for the record, the black stripe is technically for black people and the brown stripe is technically for latinos.

Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
The flag is stupid and ugly for a plethora of reasons and that's the biggest issue with it.

NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
redesigned flags being privately owned by their designers.
if this is true, it explains everything. $$$$

C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019

It's not a fuck you to white people. The ostracising of people of color in the western gay community is the real fuck you.

Kestrel

Kestrel

Flying away
May 30, 2022

So a pro-people of colour sentiment equates to anti-white? I'm presuming you also see the original rainbow flag, as a pro-LGBT sentiment, as anti-straight? Correct me if wrong.