• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I e-mailed someone else to let her know I'm going to die, and apparently she contacted the police.
So they came, asked the usual sorts of questions; oh they asked me what poison I was going to use, and I said I'd prefer not to say. They asked me where it was, and other than saying it was in my flat I didn't tell them. They said something about them needing to know so they could take it away and not give it back until I was in a better frame of mind or something. 1 of them even started looking in my fridge-freezer etc for it.
After asking the usual sorts of questions, they phoned the NHS, and the nurse on the phone did nothing to help me. There's a befriending service I was referred to more than a year ago that I've never heard anything from; I think the nurse must have mentioned that to the police. The police encouraged me to contact the people that run that and chase that up. And then they said that if I needed help, I could e-mail the police (or phone them). It's actually a contact form on their web-site rather than an actual e-mail address.
So it was a bit more helpful than last time, although it's hard to see what difference it's likely to make.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
It sounds like it was just a formality. I'm not sure you should talk to the person who turned you in to the police again. That was a betrayal of a confidence.
Could be friends in real life, u never know

if it's internet friend, I don't know...

Reactions: esclava
A

Ae54rge

Dec 6, 2020
It's painful to hear when it's a formality to cover ones arse then another human being who actually feels compassion and isn't completely closed off to the world and completely selfish to their own.

What happened to hearing something like that from someone you would call a friend and in an hour they were at your door till they knew you was alright. We fucked it up somewhere.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
It's pretty obvious that you want to be sectioned, so why don't you just tell them what your plans are and they can take you to hospital for an assessment?
Last time you told someone that you're going to ctb, they did the same thing... it's a bit like Groundhog Day.

Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
And then they said that if I needed help, I could e-mail the police
Update:
I e-mailed the police about a problem yesterday. Their response? They came to my flat, they never even mentioned the issue I'd e-mailed them about, they were 100 % focused on the fact that I'd mentioned in my e-mail that I want to kill myself. All they did was contact the NHS! The NHS don't know anything about the situation! How were they going to help? The police themselves did nothing to help me!
So, after the NHS just contacted the police about a health issue last week (if suicidal intent counts as a health issue), I've now had the police pass the buck to the NHS when I've contacted them about a police matter.

I contacted my doctor this morning (by e-mail) and told her I've got poison and intend to use it to kill myself. And I've asked about a mental health team. So I might get sectioned, you never know.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Update:
I e-mailed the police about a problem yesterday. Their response? They came to my flat, they never even mentioned the issue I'd e-mailed them about, they were 100 % focused on the fact that I'd mentioned in my e-mail that I want to kill myself. All they did was contact the NHS! The NHS don't know anything about the situation! How were they going to help? The police themselves did nothing to help me!
So, after the NHS just contacted the police about a health issue last week (if suicidal intent counts as a health issue), I've now had the police pass the buck to the NHS when I've contacted them about a police matter.

I contacted my doctor this morning (by e-mail) and told her I've got poison and intend to use it to kill myself. And I've asked about a mental health team. So I might get sectioned, you never know.
Hope it doesn't get to that point, unless you think it's the best for you do be sectioned. Hugs

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Sorry you're struggling friend, it's sounds rough. Just remember we're in the midst of a pandemic so all of these services are stretched thin right now. What would you want them to do that would be best for you?

Reactions: x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
I doubt you'll be sectioned, but it's good to hear that you've made contact with your gp for a referral to your community mental health team :)

Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
why insist on telling people? if you want to go then get your plans in order and go.
Just to let them know, so they're not sending me e-mails and wondering why I'm not replying or whatever. I don't want them thinking I'm ignoring them and deliberately being unfriendly to them or something.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Just to let them know, so they're not sending me e-mails and wondering why I'm not replying or whatever. I don't want them thinking I'm ignoring them and deliberately being unfriendly to them or something.
Did they put you on a suicide watch? Hope not.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I wouldn't tell anyone again if you are serious about ctb. If you are successful it won't really matter what they think.
If you want to get sectioned you can find local secure unit and admit yourself voluntary, be honest and tell them what you are planning and you are a danger to yourself. Don't ring go to them.

Reactions: Echo81 and demuic
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
What would you want them to do that would be best for you?
I don't know. Take me into hospital for a few days? At least I'd have some company then, and feel as if someone was looking after me. Find me a support worker? Send a nurse or someone to visit me for a couple of hours a day to look after me?
I can't think of anything else that would be realistic.

A

Anon123

Nov 6, 2020
Oh come on. You know by now they all have a duty of care and have to react to what you are telling them. Its absolutely fine if you want help and dont want to cbt. But if cbt is what you want then you wouldnt be telling all these people. As for the method too? I.would just leave a peace of paper or the bottle out so they know. Like I say either way is fine but your actions are contradicting what you are saying u want. Again not saying dont get help. Go for it if that's what u would like

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
I don't know. Take me into hospital for a few days? At least I'd have some company then, and feel as if someone was looking after me. Find me a support worker? Send a nurse or someone to visit me for a couple of hours a day to look after me?
I can't think of anything else that would be realistic.
In what way do you feel you need 'looking after for a few days'?

Reactions: foxdie
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
Why did you tell another person after what happened last time?

Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
In what way do you feel you need 'looking after for a few days'?
Provide me with some company. Maybe help me clean my flat, which I'm too depressed to do right now, and other practical help like that.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Provide me with some company. Maybe help me clean my flat, which I'm too depressed to do right now, and other practical help like that.
A nurse's job doesn't include providing company or cleaning your flat. You should contact an agency that provides carers who go out to your home - a bit like a home help. You would have to pay by the hour for this service.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
In a way I think you're "crying out for help". AND I DON'T THINK THAT'S A BAD THING AT ALL. You need something to change and are trying to make that happen. I greatly admire that. (And all that's not to disrespect your seriousness at all!)
If you want to get sectioned you can find local secure unit and admit yourself voluntary, be honest and tell them what you are planning and you are a danger to yourself. Don't ring go to them.
Agree. If you take your poison and plop it down on their desk... something will change.
There's a befriending service I was referred to more than a year ago that I've never heard anything from; I think the nurse must have mentioned that to the police. The police encouraged me to contact the people that run that and chase that up.
I had written a whole bunch last thread about thinking "support groups" (like the one you mention) might really help you. Completely agree with "chasing up" that befriending group. And, have you had the chance to find any others??? (like I had suggested here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-police-came-yesterday.55605/post-1021507 )

A lot of good suggestions were given in the last thread. It'd be useful to re-read all that too.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-police-came-yesterday.55605/

Last edited:
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
What does sectioned mean? And how do I find my local secure unit?
Yeah I tried to find support groups, but couldn't find any locally.
I have been trying to find a support worker for years, but have got nowhere with that.
Yeah I'll probably re-read the last thread in case there's any suggestions there that I forgot to try. Thanks.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I have been trying to find a support worker for years, but have got nowhere with that.
Yeah I'll probably re-read the last thread in case there's any suggestions there that I forgot to try. Thanks.
I'm sorry you don't get a proper help from services. I don't know how to help you with that, however I have a little different advice. I suppose you take antidepressants but have you considered asking your psychiatrist for something stronger? Currently I'm on increased dosage of venlafaxine and it actually does help to minimalize the pain.

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Hey, I hope you're doing alright. Is your location right, you're in Scotland? Being sectioned under the mental health act means being detained and treated in hospital. There are different sections and they last for different periods of time, I think the police can section for 72(?maybe??) hours. A section 2 requires two doctors and an approved practicioner/social worker to speak with you and agree that you are likely to harm yourself or others if not detained, it can last up to 28 days. There are others but if you were to get sectioned they're the most likely ones.

Imo, I think you're maybe best off trying to get an emergency GP appointment and telling them everything that you've told us. You want help, but you also have the means to take your life and may act upon that. If you can't get an appointment then A&E is the next best place. I think they would probably refer you to a crisis team (my knowledge is based on England's system, I'm not sure if Scotland differs), and they'd speak with you and decide to help you in the community or if needed, in hospital. If I've interpreted all you've written here right, I think you do want help and you have every right to get that help, but they can only help you if you're honest with them. Tell them everything.

Reactions: Idledays
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
The sort of help you want I think is a support worker and not the psychiatry bullshit, if you're having trouble doing tasks and caring for yourself, and lack companionship, no amount of sections and drugs are going to fix that sadly. You are in Scotland, right? There is a shortage of carers everywhere currently, but you would need to look into something like Occupational Therapy as someone else in this thread mentioned, so that you would get a support worker to help with things. I don't know if the NHS would pay for it though.

London2021

London2021

Jan 30, 2021
Hi
Think you said initially in UK. Each country has different laws but in England for e.g. you can't admit yourself to a secure unit . We have different terms to US.

Whilst in theory you can ask for voluntary admission to hospital ( which by accident can be a low secure unit if no acute admission unit beds anywhere or have an admission history) be aware that the moment you try leave you will be sectioned. Here for detention under tne MH Act ( sectioned) there needs to be a mental health act assessment with at least 2 professionals, one of whom is a Dr. There are often no MH beds in the entire country inc in the private sector and you can get sent hundreds miles away or wait nany days or in mist cases get referred back to GP or crisis team .

Your GP is likely to refer you to the local MH NHS crisis team which can be anything from a telephone line to support in home. Some areas have crisis houses as an alternative for some to hospital.

In your own home police nor paramedics cannot remove you without the above assessment and that is being sectioned to hospital not a crisis house. The only other way is if they deem you don't have capacity. Then they forcibly cart you to the local A& E or crisis hub to anove assessment. They often do that because of wait times for the sectioning team.

If you want support and to delay CTB then asking for crisis team support at home might meet this. But be aware many of us avoid them like the plague. You can also self refer in UK but a GP referral carries more weight.

Be aware that police can also grab you in a public place under section to take you for a full assessment above.

're friends acting ....sometimes ppl feel too anxious to hold on to that information. They understandably don't want to be explaining in coroners why they didn't do anything. Wouldn't be too hard on them tbh.
Hi
Think you said initially in UK. Each country has different laws but in England for e.g. you can't admit yourself to a secure unit . We have different terms to US.

Whilst in theory you can ask for voluntary admission to hospital ( which by accident can be a low secure unit if no acute admission unit beds anywhere or have an admission history) be aware that the moment you try leave you will be sectioned. Here for detention under tne MH Act ( sectioned) there needs to be a mental health act assessment with at least 2 professionals, one of whom is a Dr. There are often no MH beds in the entire country inc in the private sector and you can get sent hundreds miles away or wait nany days or in mist cases get referred back to GP or crisis team .

Your GP is likely to refer you to the local MH NHS crisis team which can be anything from a telephone line to support in home. Some areas have crisis houses as an alternative for some to hospital.

In your own home police nor paramedics cannot remove you without the above assessment and that is being sectioned to hospital not a crisis house. The only other way is if they deem you don't have capacity. Then they forcibly cart you to the local A& E or crisis hub to anove assessment. They often do that because of wait times for the sectioning team.

If you want support and to delay CTB then asking for crisis team support at home might meet this. But be aware many of us avoid them like the plague. You can also self refer in UK but a GP referral carries more weight.

Be aware that police can also grab you in a public place under section to take you for a full assessment above.

're friends acting ....sometimes ppl feel too anxious to hold on to that information. They understandably don't want to be explaining in coroners why they didn't do anything. Wouldn't be too hard on them tbh.
Typo....neither police nor paramedics CAN remove you....

Reactions: mirko