Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
1) Dissociating.
2) Drinking.
3) Escapism/low-key gaming.
4) J/o or fantasizing in general.

Lately all I do is daydream, and/or wonder about the other side.

How can I be truly interested in something that only lasts a number of decades? (life). If I'm honest, I'm much more interested in the eternal, or what comes after.

To me, that's logical. Recently I was re-watching the Saw horror movies, and they struck a chord with me. If I was in a Jigsaw trap or some shit, I'd be most invested in what comes after I make it through whatever I'm currently dealing with.

When you're young, you're steered along on a certain conveyor belt of expectations. School -> College -> Job -> Marriage -> Kids -> Happily ever after. What if none of that has worked for you? As I get older, I find I'm less and less interested in the second half of my life, I guess primarily because the first half of it went to pot. Why would I give a shit? Failing health, fading looks, no real prospects. What's there to look forward to?

Screw it man, I'm done with worrying about things. I am pushing 40, soon I will just see life as a shit movie that I'm half invested in but I've made it this far, so why not see it through to the end? That's how I feel. I have nothing worthwhile going on and nothing to work towards. There is only survival, and passing the time.

Much love to my buds on here. I appreciate you all, even if I can't give you time or attention atm. I'm in a bad place.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_, ColorlessTrees, markimobzzdeasui and 15 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Hm. I'm going to be 30 soon. We have similar lists. Life has gotten so boring and repetitive. The fantasies in my head are vastly superior. I guess this is what they call "maladaptive daydreaming".

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat and Angst Filled Fuck Up
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I get it. It's just the luck of the draw. I'm old and I'm wondering why I bothered to hang around this long. My life was never going to work out considering the nasty and vicious way it started. I really need to cash in my chips.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Celerity and Angst Filled Fuck Up
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Not much really. I like my walk in the mountains and stopping to watch animals in a farm. I like to daydream too, I can imagine a world where I have friends, my old job back, the love of my life still with me. At the end of the day I realise my best days are in the past. I saw what I had to saw and would like very much to pass away hoping that after there is just nothingness.

Reactions: Source Energy and rationaltake