E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
To short a long and sad story , my life was quite bad from early stages. I was abused and neglected, never had anyone for me and was alone most of my life. You can imagine the consequences of that.
Now I'm at my 30's, and despite having had one relationship, that ended and again here I'm I, alone. I also developed health problems.

Nothing about my life would make anyone want to live it, but thinking about my existence I came to a beautiful and obvious conclusion that set me free.

I will die.

You will die.

Everyone will die.

Matters not how fortunate or (in my case), infortunate you got your cards dealt, nature has a plan of her own for all of us, to feed the worms.

All our experiences, thoughts, feelings, daughts, rights or wrongs, all erased within time. Everything is impermanent.

None will remember us and soon there will be nothing to be rememberd.

Even if you have the best life ever, still you are condemned to the same fate.

Isn't that so beautifuly fair?

Death is fairness.

That's why I'll pospone my CTB until I really really can't take my life anymore, it doesn't really matter.

• Yay!
Reactions: Joarga, idk3, redeyepiranha and 5 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Yes. The thing I find most satisfying is how it crushes human ego.

Some people act like they are invicible until nature humbles them eventually.

Reactions: idk3, pthnrdnojvsc and Neogoloid
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it so comforting to think of how eventually everything will be forgotten about in death, no matter what. Eternally ceasing to exist is all that's ideal to me as after all one cannot suffer from the absence of everything.

Reactions: woz, Eternal Oblivion and stuckinthemud
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Yes. The thing I find most satisfying is how it crushes human ego.

Some people act like they are invicible until nature humbles them eventually.
I saw that in a family member. She was the queen bit-h in life, deliberately wrecking a marriage and splitting a household.

I was the only one to visit her in the hospice (on behalf of others who had emigrated) and eventually she let her guard down. She eventually talked about dying and real fear came into her eyes.

Then the guard went back up. Permanently.

Some people can't help themselves, stuck in their own movie, and I don't feel too sorry for them. Where's all the games getting them in the end? In a box, like the rest of us.

Reactions: R_N, Kundalini Guy and Eternal Oblivion
S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
yes we all have an expiration date. And I'm relieved we do not have to live in immortal suffering, thankfully there is away out. Gives me some comfort dealing with the suffering

Reactions: Joarga, pthnrdnojvsc, loopdaloop and 2 others
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
Even the queen and other ultra famous people will be forgotten in a few centuries. Death is truly inevitable.

Reactions: loopdaloop and tiger b
E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
There is no reason the envy anyone, be too ambicious or anxious. We all share the same fate, we are one.
I think a good life goal would be to avoid pain, I guess for me that is going to be enough.

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Even the queen and other ultra famous people will be forgotten in a few centuries. Death is truly inevitable.
It's just different ways of passing time until the inevitable.

L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
but attachement to death or to certain aspects of it can also make a person miserable by bringing feelings of frustration. for example when a person wants to die but they're still alive, the expectation for death to come soon and end their misery can make a person feel frustrated when it doesn't happen immediately

Reactions: Joarga
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Of course everyone dies. Everything that lives must at some point die. Life and death are often viewed as opposing forces but they're as symbiotic and codependent as spring and autumn.

Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
Yes, death is the one thing that makes us all equal. Despite looks, height, social status, financial Status etc. People who are already at the bottom of the barrel will welcome death with open arms. It's the people at the top that aren't gonna wanna leave.

Reactions: Eternal Oblivion and Joarga
U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
I think for me for as much as I am glad that death doesn't discriminate and can appreciate the equality of it for what it's worth, I can't help but be frustrated by the things that I never got and even by the things other people have gotten instead of me. It's not like I want ill will towards others and Its a strange feeling but I don't want what those other people have per say either as much as I wanted the benefits attached to those things, situations, and experiences if that makes any sense. It's not like I'm looking for restitution or atonement either as I have learned to see how selfish, deplorable, and unfulfilling that would be if that were to happen for me because something or someone else had to suffer in my place for my own well being. I guess the one thing I have always hope for was healing in the end and perfection or something beyond that, like omelas but without the problems or maybe something else beyond my limited comprehension and definitely not heaven or hell or some other disgusting religious system as a constellation prize (fuck that). I think when I choose to CTB someday, I'll probably be screaming the whole way down in my head to some degree in frustration and agony of what this place really was for me since I don't have any reason to believe there's anything after this once I am destroyed.