BoyInTheBox

BoyInTheBox

INFP 4w5
Jun 6, 2023
When I was younger I wanted to pursue art as it has been my biggest dream since I was little, but my mom always laughed in my face telling me my sister was way better than me at drawing at my age, thus not allowing to go to an art school like my sister.
Now, since one year ago when I made the stupid decision to tell her about my suicidal tendencies, she has the nerve to tell me that she wants me and that I should follow my dream career no matter what, after she destroyed my confidence in drawing when I was 9.
I know that it may sound like what she did is not that bad, but it fucked me and my whole life up...

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, psp3000, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Did she force you to take a different branch and at what age ?

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Hey, dear, thanks for sharing your story. 🙏✨

I also type as INFP 4w5 and can definitely relate to feeling out of place when it comes to my values/interest/passions.

But you know what? "It's no measure of health to be a well adjusted to a profoundly sick society!" 😋

We badly need artists today, we need that inspiration and heart, you know? If we have a strong Why any How is possible.

Have you ever read "The War of Art"? I have a feeling it could be of great help to your situation, it's an essential.

If you find yourself asking yourself (and your friends), "Am I really a writer? Am I really an artist?" chances are you are. The counterfeit innovator is wildly self-confident. The real one is scared to death.
Steven Pressfield, The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle

I love you, all the best wishes, you got this. 💚

• Love
Reactions: jaxxon_sunn
BoyInTheBox

BoyInTheBox

INFP 4w5
Jun 6, 2023
Did she force you to take a different branch and at what age ?
She didn't quite force me, when I saw that she didn't allow me to pursue arts, I went on the sports branch, but after a year when I told her I can't stand doing that stupid sport anymore and that I really want to change to another school, she didn't allow me saying I don't have another school I could go to.
Oh and this was when I was like 11/12 I think
Hey, dear, thanks for sharing your story. 🙏✨

I also type as INFP 4w5 and can definitely relate to feeling out of place when it comes to my values/interest/passions.

But you know what? "It's no measure of health to be a well adjusted to a profoundly sick society!" 😋

We badly need artists today, we need that inspiration and heart, you know? If we have a strong Why any How is possible.

Have you ever read "The War of Art"? I have a feeling it could be of great help to your situation, it's an essential.

Steven Pressfield, The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle

I love you, all the best wishes, you got this. 💚
I'm glad someone who has the same type as me can relate honestly.
And you said that really great loll

I guess we really need them, tbh I see art as the most beautiful thing so we desperately need people to create it=)))

I didn't read it, never heard of it honestly, but you got me curious so I'll give it a look now
Thank you so much!! =)))

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MeltingBrain