• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

chlorine

chlorine

I am free, therefore I am lost.
Apr 12, 2019
Okay, i know every mental illness can be manifested at different intensities, but assuming each intensity to be the same, which psychiatric disorder would be the most unbearable? Maybe this is a stupid question because each one is different and toxic in different ways, but it's just a thought that came to my mind. And obviously not everyone's an expert but you know, even wrong answers can be useful if corrected (even though i don't think in this case there's a "wrong answer"). I hope this won't be a pity party

• Hugs
Reactions: appalachian moon, Circles, AtomicNewt and 1 other person
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Love.
Love is the most deteriorating mental illness.

• Love
Reactions: appalachian moon, deltahead, Severen and 3 others
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
Love.
The most deteriorating yet the best cure. It's a double edged blade in my opinion :)

Reactions: Circles and AtomicNewt
AtomicNewt

AtomicNewt

A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her
Jun 5, 2019
I tend to think whichever one is bugging me the most at that moment ;) but being serious think anything involving psychotic episodes must be one of the most debilitating, although does that make it most unbearable? Deep, chronic depression is unbearable, the stories my MH nurse friends told me of what people from all walks have done... and it often accompanies many different disorders. Think as you say it's hugely subjective and almost always on a spectrum. Be interesting to hear the musings of those more articulate than me though!

• Hugs
Reactions: appalachian moon, SinisterKid, not_a_robot and 2 others
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
I tend to think whichever one is bugging me the most at that moment ;) but being serious think anything involving psychotic episodes must be one of the most debilitating, although does that make it most unbearable? Deep, chronic depression is unbearable, the stories my MH nurse friends told me of what people from all walks have done... and it often accompanies many different disorders. Think as you say it's hugely subjective and almost always on a spectrum. Be interesting to hear the musings of those more articulate than me though!
Yeah exactly, it's very subjective. But I'd like to hear maybe someone experienced which has seen many disorders in many people and can tell which ones tend to be, even if in general, the most dangerous. I think disorders like schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder can be one of the most threatening since there's a huge detachment from reality. I experience for example dissociative symptoms (apart from depression and mood disorder NOS) and those are awful too because you do things you don't want to do, and that, i think, is the thing that makes a disorder unbearable. It makes you become someone you don't want to be, do things you later regret, or just makes you unable to live your life without having to fear the day or being awake.

• Hugs
Reactions: appalachian moon, not_a_robot and Circles
LongTimeComing

LongTimeComing

I'm a saint, got a date with suicide
May 23, 2019
I suffer from many mental illnesses, but not anything psychotic. I am paranoid, but not to the point where I hallucinate. I think, while many people suffering from psychotic episodes can control it, left untreated, the disorder would become debilitating much faster and cause a hastier suicide. Nobody likes to feel "crazy" and unable to control what goes on in their head. I imagine they experience such intense, constant pain that they will do anything to stop.

Reactions: appalachian moon, Circles and chlorine
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
I suffer from many mental illnesses, but not anything psychotic. I am paranoid, but not to the point where I hallucinate. I think, while many people suffering from psychotic episodes can control it, left untreated, the disorder would become debilitating much faster and cause a hastier suicide. Nobody likes to feel "crazy" and unable to control what goes on in their head. I imagine they experience such intense, constant pain that they will do anything to stop.
Yeah, and I think also personality disorders like BPD can be debilitating since they take over the whole self, present psychotic symptoms and are also difficult to cure, from what i know

Reactions: appalachian moon and Circles
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
That's what love feels like to me. Just having my brain hijacked by a bunch of crazy thoughts detached from reality, compelling me to do dumb shit that I know I shouldn't do, unable to stop myself.

• Aww..
Reactions: appalachian moon, Severen, Circles and 2 others
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Depression I can manage. I understand it and what it does, how it alters mental capacity etc etc etc. But the older I get the worse the anxiety is becoming and the more debilitating it is. It is making me a prisoner in my own self. Frightened of my own reflection. Uncontrollable panic attacks that prevent me from functioning as a real human being should function.

So whilst a whole host of mental disorders can be deemed better or worse than the next, its a personal thing and anxiety is the one I don't cope well with at all. I am a virtual recluse which almost means I have a jail term to serve for being unwell. Throw in the disability and depression and it becomes a total nightmare.

• Hugs
Reactions: appalachian moon, Circles and AtomicNewt
Jynxer

Jynxer

Jun 3, 2019
Sui
Okay, i know every mental illness can be manifested at different intensities, but assuming each intensity to be the same, which psychiatric disorder would be the most unbearable? Maybe this is a stupid question because each one is different and toxic in different ways, but it's just a thought that came to my mind. And obviously not everyone's an expert but you know, even wrong answers can be useful if corrected (even though i don't think in this case there's a "wrong answer"). I hope this won't be a pity party
SUICIDAL IDEATION.
Maybe not a mental illness, but at least a symptom.
It tells me I want to kill myself. Every Single Day.

Reactions: Circles, chlorine and AtomicNewt
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I had a psychotic episode and it was more unbearable than anything else I've gone through (depression, anxiety, mania). However the psychosis (and mania) has remitted with medication where my depression and anxiety are more treatment resistant. The constant anxiety is pretty unbearable.

Reactions: Circles and AtomicNewt
AtomicNewt

AtomicNewt

A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her
Jun 5, 2019
I had a psychotic episode and it was more unbearable than anything else I've gone through (depression, anxiety, mania). However the psychosis (and mania) has remitted with medication where my depression and anxiety are more treatment resistant. The constant anxiety is pretty unbearable.

Was just wondering about that. Friend of mine is periodically sectioned with schizophrenia, always after episodes where he is completely detached from everything and behaving manically, he absolutely hates these periods and I feel for him as it must be terrifying (last time he was goose-stepping through down, shrieking and throwing things through car windows) but once he gets calmed down, on the right meds, etc he seems quite cheerful, sociable and highly creative. Always know he's coming out of it when he can start finding it funny (wonder if that woman's car insurance covered a naked man throwing a tv through it?) and he seems happy. Whereas as you say depression/anxiety doesn't hurl you to those places, it does seem to be stubbornly resistent and that relentlessness can become exhausting - grinds you slowly and painfully down.

• Hugs
Reactions: SinisterKid, Circles and chlorine
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
That's what love feels like to me. Just having my brain hijacked by a bunch of crazy thoughts detached from reality, compelling me to do dumb shit that I know I shouldn't do, unable to stop myself.
I'm sorry to hear that, maybe you just haven't found the right person.. But anyways, you're missing out on a lot of good things and I'm sorry for you

Reactions: Circles
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
Depression is fucking awful, medication is horrible. Irl scumbags don't help, flying monkeys, vengeful exes. Sad that people devote their lives to such jealous shit.

Reactions: Circles
A

Allpainnogain

Experienced
May 2, 2019
Treatment resistant depression and anxiety/panic and insomnia

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Love.

Love and Schizophrenia are definitely the worst.

Love made me do so much stupid shit in the past, I would literally be a millionaire today if it wasn't for love. I had the money to invest to make millions but wasted it all on stupid shit because I was in love.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot
Sitokirment

Sitokirment

Jun 6, 2019

Schizophrenia and Dementia are both a ball. Reality changes every day.

Reactions: chlorine
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
No one mentioned eating disoders, I thibk anorexia nervosa is pretty dangerous if taken to an extreme.