• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

2bearcolossus

Jul 8, 2019
Originally the "Major Tom" technique doesn't meant to kill the participant, quite the contrary (NSFW content):
Reddit
Urban Dictionary

With some tweaks however this could be the ultimate low-effort suicide method.

Hereby I propose The Modified Major Tom Method which involves elements from the famous pass-out game and partial hanging.
You need two good slipknots on the same rope spaced close together and a good anchor point within hand's reach.
  1. Put noose around neck and tighten it to a comfortable level. Additionally you can put hard objects on the carotid arteries to potentiate the effect.
  2. Position the second smaller noose so that you can wave your hand around with it (~1 meter or less).
  3. With the second noose in your hands squat down below the anchor point and start hyperventilation. Do it for 30 seconds or so. If you start to feel light-headed in this position that's more than enough.
  4. With the last breath held in stand up quickly and secure the second noose on the anchor point as fast as possible.
  5. Let go everything, stay up, don't put your weight on the noose. Try forcing the air out from your lungs but don't let it out actually. This makes you pass out quicker.
  6. As the body unconsciously falls down, the noose tightens and doesn't let regain consciousness.
TMMTM 01

This method is resistant to survival instincts. If you're unconscious before putting weight on the noose then you win.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DreamCatcher, Lifeisatrap, 262653 and 3 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I shall have to look up the original "Major Tom" method. Meanwhile, could you draw some diagrams and/or take some photos?

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm having a difficult time picturing this, but it seems complicated and difficult to pull off. I'm afraid you might be underestimating how quickly unconsciousness sets in.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
D

DoneWithThis

Student
Jul 20, 2019
Having a difficult time picturing this. But basically sounds like partial suspension with hyperventilation before hand. Concept wise it's a good day. I like it.

Never underestimate the power of survival instinct.

I'm sure someone on here will take it out for a test drive.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, namemanthedeadman and CelestialSky

2bearcolossus

Jul 8, 2019
Yeah so to add some clarity check the picture in the original post.
First image shows hyperventilation, second image: hold breath, stand up quickly, put noose around anchor point, wait for unconsciousness (5-10 seconds to all of this), third image: body drops, survival instincts kick in to no avail since body already unconscious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, namemanthedeadman and DoneWithThis
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
Sorry, I have doubts about this method because I do not understand it.One noose, two noose, well, do not mind, I do not bother you too much time.

In this link.

says: It is a form of autoerotic asphyxation by using gravity.
Beside that: Is that a method of self deliverance or suicide. Guess there will be cases by this method.

2bearcolossus

Jul 8, 2019
I understand that there's a lot of confusion here. Porbably the name should be "modified partial suspension".
I know lots of people here like the partial suspension method because of its simplicity but can't go unconscious because of pain and SI. The squatting and hyperventilation part of this method takes care of this inconvenience.

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms and NoDream
D

DoneWithThis

Student
Jul 20, 2019
I haven't tried this exactly. But something similar. Noose around neck already. Hyperventilation in squatting position. Then standing up and putting the other pre looped around the fixture point. Minor adjustment of rope over carotid arteries. Going down fast and hard. But didn't work. For me. It takes more to hyperventilate and pass out than you can imagine. I've seen some of those videos that's why I've tried it. But I get it. I didn't hyperventilate enough.

I'm sure I'll give it a try. But I still have my reservations about the survival instinct part.

Reactions: 2bearcolossus
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I still feel like I'm missing something here. Maybe I'm just sleep deprived and not connecting right... Why not have the rope in place from the start? Connecting it in the very brief window between hyperventilating and passing out seems iffy?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
D

DoneWithThis

Student
Jul 20, 2019
I think the reason. And hold in mind that I'm not sure. I can imagine that you have to anchor it last minute because if not you won't be able to squat down and hyperventilate first.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and 2bearcolossus

2bearcolossus

Jul 8, 2019
You're right, the rope is not long enough to enable proper squatting.
You can go unconscious while standing if your brain is oxygen deprived enough. Hyperventilating extracts a bunch of carbon-dioxide from the blood which makes it acidic and hemoglobin can't carry much oxygen in this acidic environment. It's a fragile balance.
I did go unconscious like this (years earlier) while playing this game. I was standing then I'm suddenly on the floor 20 seconds later. I had no recollection when I collapsed.
Indeed the connection part after standing up is iffy but you can always experiment how fast you can do it.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and DoneWithThis
D

DoneWithThis

Student
Jul 20, 2019
You're right, the rope is not long enough to enable proper squatting.
You can go unconscious while standing if your brain is oxygen deprived enough. Hyperventilating extracts a bunch of carbon-dioxide from the blood which makes it acidic and hemoglobin can't carry much oxygen in this acidic environment. It's a fragile balance.
I did go unconscious like this (years earlier) while playing this game. I was standing then I'm suddenly on the floor 20 seconds later. I had no recollection when I collapsed.
Indeed the connection part after standing up is iffy but you can always experiment how fast you can do it.
I think a decent way would be to have the noose around your neck. And the other end set up with a carabiner with an 8 knot. Just to make things quicker. Obviously the amount of slack would require some trial and error. But I think it would be quicker.

And how the hell did I miss out on this choking game thing before I came on here? Wow. Just shows how little I pay attention anymore to what's going on in society. When I first read about that choking game stuff on here, I was like, how come nobody told me. But then I was probably too busy studying some kind of positive psychology crap to repress my feelings.

• Love
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, namemanthedeadman and 2bearcolossus
namemanthedeadman

namemanthedeadman

Still Breathing :(
Jul 28, 2018
Thanks for the post OP! I tried this hyperventilation with the tourniquet method and I couldn't keep my body still enough to keep the stick in place after my legs give out; this solves that problem quite nicely as long as I can get the rope on in time!

I'll definitely give this method a try when the time feels right!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, 2bearcolossus and DoneWithThis
D

DoneWithThis

Student
Jul 20, 2019
Thanks for the post OP! I tried this hyperventilation with the tourniquet method and I couldn't keep my body still enough to keep the stick in place after my legs give out; this solves that problem quite nicely as long as I can get the rope on in time!

I'll definitely give this method a try when the time feels right!
Hell yeah. I'm happy and excited for you. I'm glad it worked so well for you. It's still a win in my book.

And I know it might sound strange to be so happy and excited about that for someone else. But bring one of those people that partial suspension didn't work for. I'm obviously going to be super glad, and if I'm honest, somewhat envious, for the people it's working so well for.

• Love
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, 2bearcolossus and namemanthedeadman
namemanthedeadman

namemanthedeadman

Still Breathing :(
Jul 28, 2018
Hell yeah. I'm happy and excited for you. I'm glad it worked so well for you. It's still a win in my book.

And I know it might sound strange to be so happy and excited about that for someone else. But bring one of those people that partial suspension didn't work for. I'm obviously going to be super glad, and if I'm honest, somewhat envious, for the people it's working so well for.
I get that feeling 100%, when I was first hearing about how people would die in the choking games years back I used to play it to see if I could pass out and it would never work, but after a decent amount of practice, I'm now much more consistent with finding the carotid arteries, and more comfortable with pushing past the SI thoughts. I'm hoping this method will help stop the effectiveness of the last little bit of spasms I tend to do right before I lose consciousness. After watching some videos on some of the failed choking games, it's just a matter of when I feel ready!

I love this forum so much!

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
  1. Put noose around neck and tighten it to a comfortable level. Additionally you can put hard objects on the carotid arteries to potentiate the effect.
  2. Position the second smaller noose so that you can wave your hand around with it (~1 meter or less).
  3. With the second noose in your hands squat down below the anchor point and start hyperventilation. Do it for 30 seconds or so. If you start to feel light-headed in this position that's more than enough.
  4. With the last breath held in stand up quickly and secure the second noose on the anchor point as fast as possible.
  5. Let go everything, stay up, don't put your weight on the noose. Try forcing the air out from your lungs but don't let it out actually. This makes you pass out quicker.
  6. As the body unconsciously falls down, the noose tightens and doesn't let regain consciousness.

Thanks for sharing.

About hyperventilation step. Would it be more fitting to inhale/exhale through the nose or the mouth? To breathe using the diaphragm, chest, or both?
What about head position? Watch up, down, or keep straight?
How short and how shallow?
Any other movements to accompany breathing?

2bearcolossus

Jul 8, 2019
None of these really matter as long as you are exchanging air in you lungs at a higher rate than normal. Through nose this could be difficult but doable.
Breathe short like they order a woman just before giving birth to do.
No other movement is necessary I think.