SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I believe we feel the pain of the world and are more aware of our own bodies versus the every day Joe. We see what would best to avoid because we've been there, or what could be a helpful solution. Usually through trial and error we eventually become "wise". And we have the BEST sense of humor! Unless you're a snowflake lol.

Anyone else believe the "ill" are actually more of a gift?

• Love
Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills, Abgrundanziehung, Rylee_4256 and 1 other person
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I think suicidal people generally have far more empathy, awareness of reality, and a better sense of morality than most "normal" people but that isn't always the case. There are also a lot of terrible suicidal people that use their "illness" as an excuse for the terrible things they have done and many of them lack a conscience.

I have a soft spot in my heart for suicidal people. I know that others make presumptions about suicidal people, painting them with the darkest of paints; but the way that I see it, these are people who look out into the world and see how broken it is and they look into their lives and they remember all the people they've hurt and then they look into themselves and they are faced with how ruined they are and they think that if they can't make anything really better then they just shouldn't exist anymore. It's not a form of selfishness or mental illness. It's a form of extreme state of empathy and selflessness. Suicidal people really are the best kinds of people. But they need to know that this world has a place for them, that this world needs the kind of light that they carry with them as they walk through it, they need to know that they have a home. That their type of darkness is like the darkness of the universe: it's the type of darkness from whence comes forth the light! Some people are just okay with everything, they don't feel the pain and the guilt that comes with the way that this world is. And I don't think that the lack of feeling makes anybody healthier in the mind. Our world is sick. And some people know that. These are not the sick people, these are the beautiful creatures! -C. JoyBell

Reactions: Rylee_4256, Bct, The Dark Chaos and 1 other person
glittergore

glittergore

the sea, the sea
Jun 16, 2020
My illness isn't entirely a gift - in fact, it has done an incredible job at ruining me - but I have reaped positivity from it. I'm unusually empathetic and compassionate; if someone is experiencing a difficult and nuanced emotional situation, I can usually identify much of its machinations and know how to best interact with that person. I will always feel a strong flame towards those that suffer greatly. I attribute all of this to my mental illness, which has made me experience complex darkness and have knowledge of how poorly this world can treat those who need the most help. I also have some unique perspectives on things.

That being said, if you asked me if I could magically be cured, I'm not sure what I'd choose. It's been an interesting ride thus far; let's see if it kills me.

Reactions: mx5nb3
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
I find it to be torturous.

That's my own personal perspective. Not trying to speak for others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doormat and TakeYourHappyPills
mx5nb3

mx5nb3

"The opposite of depression is vitality"-A.S. Tedx
Jun 10, 2020
Its a blessing and a curse. In some ways, we have been opened to a new level of emotions and pain and can be more empathetic as a result. Its a curse because it often leads to crippling pain and even death(suicide). It depends on how you use what you have. Some might use their illness as a means to manipulate situations to their benefit. Others may use it to help inspire others and help people in similar situations. Im sure there are many more variables, this was just off the top of my head.

Reactions: SuiSqueeze92 and Dead beat dad
Hhhhhh

Hhhhhh

Student
Jan 30, 2020
i hate it. i cant fee any of my old emotions from when i was still mentally ill but connected to the world. my head literally feels like its on fire 24 7 and that makes empathy almost impossible.