• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
Now don't get me wrong, I had a good time when I was institutionalized (skipped my exams :smiling:) but, I can't help but think it was a really bad system.

They put me in a ambulance! It was really scary. I didn't know what was happening. Then I was like... still half naked in my hospital gown. And then everyone at the institution was woken up cause I was brought in at like 4 am...

The food was pretty good. I liked to sleep a lot.

Oh yeah, anyway, my point is that it's weird because all these instituons really do is take someone away from their stressful/bad environment for a while. You are thrust into something so new you forget how things were on the outside and stuff. You can't even go outside and breath fresh air....

And then eventually you just go back to your same everyday life. Except now your parents think you're going to kill yourself every ten minutes and you can't get left alone. All your siblings make fun of u even though they're cutters themselves. And you yourself expect to be some kind of changed person even though things are just the same as before.

There has to be a way to change specific things about the depressed persons enviornment. Obviously the coping skills and medication can work for a lot of people but that is 1 part of a big system.

Whatever's.....

Reactions: Walilamdzi, Final Escape, anelakapu and 4 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I'm surprised you liked it. Thats good I guess. I was deeply traumatized by my "treatment". I'm curious about something and I hope I don't sound like I am trying to start a fight but how could you possibly stand being treated like a criminal/a 2 year old?

Reactions: Minudah and anelakapu
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
I spent a few days in mental health years ago, the truth is, I would not like to go back there, not that I have been treated badly, but it is a very ugly place.

Reactions: anelakapu
A

anelakapu

Mar 28, 2018
More like they take you away from stressful environment and throw gasoline on the fire that is your psyche...I got dystonic from meds they gave me in psych so i got to leave early which was nice but travelling by ambulence is horrible, especially when they have to remove your clothes, very humiliating. The whole system seems way too fucked to fix honestly.

Reactions: Minudah and Eren
C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
When I volunteered to try a mental health ward to see what it was like, from what I gathered, mental health is very underfunded in general and there are some real sad folks there. Quite a few homeless looking for a crash pad and women escaping domestic violence.

Reactions: anelakapu and LiveSlowDieFast
C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
Also want to add the Police mostly being that front line during any mental health "incident" they just aren't trained for it.

Reactions: anelakapu