sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
What do you think is the meaning of life? Is life inherently meaningless? Why are we here on this earth forced to live our lives? What the purpose for our existence?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, niki wonoto, Homo erectus and 2 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
To procreate that´s it

• Yay!
Reactions: cosifantutti, sserafim, ChronicallyCynical and 1 other person
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
The meaning of life is whatever you make of it. One's purpose in life is whatever purpose they find.

Yet, for some life solely means suffering - and that is valid -, and for some, that purpose cannot be found - this too, is valid.

I have no idea what my purpose in life is, but I sure as heck know that even if I find a purpose, it won't be "God-given".

The reason why we are alive is because consensually or not, our parents had sex, and that produced us. It is decided for us. We only decide - or at least, we should be able to decide, though in practise this rarely works, I feel - what we wish to do past that.

Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus and Louise Payne
L

Louise Payne

Sep 13, 2023
I have been searching for this myself. I am a member of what you would call "organized religion". But the reason that the religious group gives me feels hollow. Most likely because the pain of living far outweighs the reason given to still stay alive.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, sserafim and Homo erectus
annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
Ive always wandered about that, like many people here. Im not very smart and my mind is full of other people's opinions and ideas, not my own... Im only 22, next week Im turning 23, so for many people Im too young to understand it, but I really think life has no meaning, the meaning you are looking for its only available to yourself, or you can live without thinking too much about it, but I really think once your mind goes there there is not turning back. I dont believe humans are superior, so i cant believe we have our purpose, we just exist and thats it. We are born and someday we will die and there is no way to escape that, but we have the power to think about this bullshit and suffer because of it, I really wish I could stop thinking. I hope you can find what you are looking for, since you ask this I guess you too are searching for it.

Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Humans exist to make sure the next catastrophe will happen soon. Say only 0.1% of global population survive in the next disaster. 2^10=1024. If every couple have 4 children, population will fully recover in just two centuries. Then everything repeats again.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
To procreate that´s it
Lmao that's such a sad reason for life but I understand it from a biological standpoint….haha I will never procreate so I guess I won't serve that purpose

Reactions: Rocinante, ChronicallyCynical and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Lmao that's such a sad reason for life but I understand it from a biological standpoint….haha I will never procreate so I guess I won't serve that purpose
I think it´s the objective answer, I NEVER want to have children I want to be a child again but still I think the only purpose of life is survive so you can procreate just like bacteria and cells has done it.

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Humans exist to make sure the next catastrophe will happen soon. Say only 0.1% of global population survive in the next disaster. 2^10=1024. If every couple have 4 children, population will fully recover in just two centuries. Then everything repeats again.
What do you mean by everything repeating again? Do you think that this planet's had life on it before our time? Or are these cycles more like the rise and fall of empires?

Do you think that humanity eradicates the planet and then the whole cycle begins again? What do you think happened before the Big Bang? Honestly I think from a logical standpoint, humanity is a disease for the planet. We are actively causing global warming and cutting down trees to suit our selfish need for resources and the planet is suffering. Logically, humanity is a cancer to the planet, and the earth would benefit without us. But this is purely from a logical perspective…
What do you mean by everything repeating again? Do you think that this planet's had life on it before our time? Or are these cycles more like the rise and fall of empires?

Do you think that humanity eradicates the planet and then the whole cycle begins again? What do you think happened before the Big Bang? Honestly I think from a logical standpoint, humanity is a disease for the planet. We are actively causing global warming and cutting down trees to suit our selfish need for resources and the planet is suffering. Logically, humanity is a cancer to the planet, and the planet would benefit without us. But this is purely from a logical perspective…
Oh never mind, I see what you mean. Like destructive cycles in human time and society.
I think it´s the objective answer, I NEVER want to have children I want to be a child again but still I think the only purpose of life is survive so you can procreate just like bacteria and cells has done it.
Literally. All I want is to be a kid again and go back to the time when things were carefree.

I guess it's just nature and how lifeforms has evolved. Nature just wants the perpetuation of species and for things to exist forever. In the animal kingdom it's just: get born, procreate, die. Still it's annoying to me that nature and our biology want us to bring more life and people onto this already hellish earth. It's annoying to me that we get born just to procreate and eventually die. I hate that nature has this plan for us. Why must we suffer through so much to suit this end (the survival and continuation of our species)? It makes no sense to me
Ive always wandered about that, like many people here. Im not very smart and my mind is full of other people's opinions and ideas, not my own... Im only 22, next week Im turning 23, so for many people Im too young to understand it, but I really think life has no meaning, the meaning you are looking for its only available to yourself, or you can live without thinking too much about it, but I really think once your mind goes there there is not turning back. I dont believe humans are superior, so i cant believe we have our purpose, we just exist and thats it. We are born and someday we will die and there is no way to escape that, but we have the power to think about this bullshit and suffer because of it, I really wish I could stop thinking. I hope you can find what you are looking for, since you ask this I guess you too are searching for it.
Happy early birthday! And yeah, I feel the same way. I think that life is inherently meaningless, and that it's meaning is what you make of it. But people like me aren't making any meaning out of their lives haha. I wonder if people have any free will in life or if everything's just up to destiny. I wish that I could find my purpose and meaning. So far I have no purpose and it just makes my existence more unbearable. I literally have no desire or reason to live…

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante and Homo erectus
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Literally. All I want is to be a kid again and go back to the time when things were carefree.
If you ever wanna talk about that just PM me I would love to talk to another person who truly miss childhood

N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
There is no meaning. We just exist, and die. And life goes on, and on, and on. For million, billion of years, etc etc etc.

We are just a speck of dust in the vast universe, in the grand scheme of things.

Of course, 90% (or 99%?) of people (human beings) will always try to find or give 'meaning/purpose' in their own insignificant lives, because the reason is simple: it's Survival Instinct (SI). Human beings (people) will (usually) try to keep living, keep surviving, no matter what. It's evolutionary. It's in human nature.
Even if it means people (humans) will create anything as their toxic positivity & optimism bias, especially in today's world/era.
But it all still doesn't make it true.
It's just delusions, illusions, fantasy, wishful-thinking, & human's futile hope, wishes, imaginations, dreams, expectations, theories, etc etc etc
But it's not the harsh reality/truth/facts, because people don't want to hear the harsh reality/truth/fact. People only want to hear good things only (most people), even if it's in their own denial, ignorance, blind faith, naivety, simple-mindedness, & stupidity.

There is no meaning of life.

Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023

Do you think that humanity eradicates the planet and then the whole cycle begins again? What do you think happened before the Big Bang? Honestly I think from a logical standpoint, humanity is a disease for the planet. We are actively causing global warming and cutting down trees to suit our selfish need for resources and the planet is suffering. Logically, humanity is a cancer to the planet, and the earth would benefit without us. But this is purely from a logical perspective…

Oh never mind, I see what you mean. Like destructive cycles in human time and society.
Yes, pro-life makes sense only if global population was low just a short time ago. Total collapse of civilisation is probably common, guess every few centuries.

Reactions: sserafim
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There isn't any, there is nothing meaningful about the tragic and horrific mistake that is existence. We are just conscious beings, trapped in flesh prisons waiting to decay and die where all will inevitably be forgotten about, existence is nothing more than a futile and senseless cycle of endless suffering and we only exist as other people were selfish enough to burden us with the ability to. I believe that humans only ask the question "what is the meaning" as they have the ability to be conscious and aware unlike animals.

Reactions: sserafim