• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
Apologies if this belongs in Recovery or OffTopic.

Today, as I was going through my usual motions, I was just thinking about how it's the little things in life that make me feel... I don't know; catching that sunset while sitting at the back of the bus late in the evening, walking past a dog peacefully taking a nap beside a closed door, watching a train disappear into the horizon, and wondering where it is heading, looking at the light coming from a tiny cottage window on a cold winter night and thinking about how warm it would be inside, walking through the city on a rainy day without an umbrella; you get the point; there are just so many of these "little things" that make me feel like I'm a part of something greater and not just a mindless NPC going through motions every single day.

I sometimes wish that this was all that was there to life. I feel like life as a concept has so much potential, yet I can't help but hate the way it exists in our world, even without going on a tangent about how much suffering our species causes, the people who do get to experience normal lives just live through the same day every single day for decades, until they're too old to do so and the next generation takes over, starting this cycle all over again... Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with living a normal life, but when I ask myself how much effort I have to put in just to live a life that is already being lived by countless others even as I write this post, I feel like fast-forwarding to my inevitable end is the only logical thing to do, even if it means missing the experiences I could have cherished, had I chosen to continue... but again, it just feels as though I'll be doing a disservice to the people who have spent so many years raising me; I can't just call it a day as much as I'd like to.

Once again, this was just another one of those tangents that my mind goes to every now and then, the only difference being that I was not lazy enough today, hence this post lol.

Thank you for reading till here; hope you have a wonderful day ahead. <3

sophxy

sophxy

Apr 15, 2024
I think this is really beautiful, actually. I've noticed myself do the same recently, often looking at the stars or trees when I'm out in the evening. Or paying attention to the pretty sky during the day. Despite all of life's problems, the world really can be a beautiful place at times.

I get you on the normal life thing. I think about it a lot as well, and it's hard to think of what I actually want to do in life. I think part of why we think like this about it is because of how much time work takes up and how much emphasis is placed on your job, work and production rather than anything else. I try to care more about my social life and hobbies because of it, although that's always looked kind of bleak. Still though, it's important to not let your work define you and all that

• Love
Reactions: cupcakesandmilk