M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Anybody play the game? I really loved the first one because of the story and the main 2 characters Joel and Ellie and their relationship. But in this one I found the story so disjointed and nonsensical I couldn't finish the game.. loved the graphics but the story beat me down to the point I couldn't reach the end..

Did anyone else play it? What did you think of it?

Reactions: Fragile and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I really enjoyed the first game but I haven't played the second one yet. I keep hearing how bad the story is though. I'll eventually pick up the second one, but not tell it's half price or something.

Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I really enjoyed the first game but I haven't played the second one yet. I keep hearing how bad the story is though. I'll eventually pick up the second one, but not tell it's half price or something.
Tbh I didn't listen to the people saying how bad the story was from the leaks I just thought they were overreacting but then I played the game. I can't believe the same writers that made the first game and the Uncharted series made this!

it tries really hard to be profound but it just felt really flat for me... I can't believe they spent 6 years developing this story. I'm trying to bevague I don't want to give away spoilers!

Reactions: FinalDestination, Fragile and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Tbh I didn't listen to the people saying how bad the story was from the leaks I just thought they were overreacting but then I played the game. I can't believe the same writers that made the first game and the Uncharted series made this!

it tries really hard to be profound but it just felt really flat for me... I can't believe they spent 6 years developing this story. I'm trying to bevague I don't want to give away spoilers!
The studio behind this game has definitely seen alot of success. I had a feeling they'd fall flat on this one though. The bar was set too high from the first game.

I'm curious what they're going to make next. The Uncharted series was great but they've pretty much said they aren't going to make a new one. Maybe they should make something completely new next.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
The studio behind this game has definitely seen alot of success. I had a feeling they'd fall flat on this one though. The bar was set too high from the first game.

I'm curious what they're going to make next. The Uncharted series was great but they've pretty much said they aren't going to make a new one. Maybe they should make something completely new next.
Yeah you're right it was a high bar and sequels are usually hit or miss.

I would really love an Uncharted 5! I loved Uncharted 4 and Nathan Drake so much but I think they said his story is done. These games were fun to play unlike the last of us part 2 I didn't have fun playing it. I found it quite tedious actually

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It's got a lot of hype. Enough to make me wanna play the first game, but I don't think my pc would handle the graphics.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, mediocre and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
It's got a lot of hype. Enough to make me wanna play the first game, but I don't think my pc would handle the graphics.
It's only on Playstation at this time.
Yeah you're right it was a high bar and sequels are usually hit or miss.

I would really love an Uncharted 5! I loved Uncharted 4 and Nathan Drake so much but I think they said his story is done. These games were fun to play unlike the last of us part 2 I didn't have fun playing it. I found it quite tedious actually
The Uncharted games were really good no doubt! I got the platinum trophy on all of them.

• Hugs
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Ahhhhhh you heeeeathens lol no pc version? I'm too old you use those damn game controllers. I need a mouse and buttons.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: puppy9, FusRohDracarys, mediocre and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Ahhhhhh you heeeeathens lol no pc version? I'm too old you use those damn game controllers. I need a mouse and buttons.
I'm a PC gamer too but Playstation has good exclusive games. You should pick one up old timer :))

• Hugs
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
It's only on Playstation at this time.

The Uncharted games were really good no doubt! I got the platinum trophy on all of them.
I thought it was on PC it came out 7 years ago! I wonder why there hasn't been a pc version..

oh... show off :tongue:

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I thought it was on PC it came out 7 years ago! I wonder why there hasn't been a pc version..

oh... show off :tongue:
Naughty Dog is basically owned by Sony so they've kept it exclusive. I googled it and there still isn't a PC version of TLoU 1.

They weren't that hard to platinum! With maybe the exception of 4, that one was tricky. Do you trophy hunt any?

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Naughty Dog is basically owned by Sony so they've kept it exclusive. I googled it and there still isn't a PC version of TLoU 1.

They weren't that hard to platinum! With maybe the exception of 4, that one was tricky. Do you trophy hunt any?
Oh I see.

I never was able to get the platinum and I played 4 loads of times but that's because I had no patience to look for the trophies

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Yikes. Big fuckin' yikes is all i'm going to say about Part 2.

• Love
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I remember reading the leaks a couple months ago and thinking to myself, no fucking way this is real... it was real.

this is the kind of game where the story is the most important part, so that leaker saved me 60 dollars.

• Love
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: Fragile, FinalDestination and mediocre
F

FinalDestination

Here lies my hopes and dreams
Mar 10, 2020
Just finished with it and I didn't think it was awful definitely a lot darker and somewhat overkill (literally) in some parts. I get what they wanted to do with this super dark, all-or-nothing kind of deal. But at times it was like seriously, can we ease up maybe, perhaps a small time-out? Basically, extremely depressing and not much how I thought they'd go with the sequel, and in that way I can respect that decision, it feels more raw and gritty and crass and real, they are flawed and we see that and with that they make it hard to pick sides because really there is none more like perspectives all whom have been hurt by the other and want that other to know it by hurting back. I wish they had talked to each other at the end and opened up to each other to realise they are more alike than they thought. I feel like that would have rounded out the game, like an acknowledgement that they've both done awful things to each other and THEN parted ways coming to terms with it. or whatever.
ok that's it I'm done rambling

• Love
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
It may have a terrible story, but at least it's a competent golf game.

• Love
Reactions: Green Destiny and mediocre
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
I watched most of it livestreamed and it's probably the most depressing things I've ever seen.

• Love
Reactions: FinalDestination, Green Destiny and mediocre
loginboy69

loginboy69

Mar 25, 2020
honestly , i really liked it , kept me hooked for the whole playthrough . Enjoyed the story as well

Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
I finished it a few days ago, the game is amazing graphically and playable, but the story disappointed me a lot.

• Love
Reactions: Fragile and mediocre
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
Was the story "bad" because it was poorly written or because you didn't like the plot?

Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Was the story "bad" because it was poorly written or because you didn't like the plot?

I think it is poorly written, and it is not only the story, but also the narrative, that is, the way they tell it

Reactions: Fragile and mediocre