whisperjump

whisperjump

i am the thing i've tried to kill over 8 times now
Sep 9, 2023
i really did not want to post this due to the resolution of last time, but my cat Lullabye has gone missing again. I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to be the last time. when she was gone before, she was gone for 3 days, and it has been a whole week. she got out right before a blizzard hit our town hard, one so powerful it was blowing trees over and knocking down tons of fence. she hasn't come back since.

i feel so stupid and immature to be complaining about this again, crying about a curious cat likely surveilling the neighborhood away from its overprotective and clingy owner. my depression was getting much worse the past few months due to no specific event, and now i feel like it was foreshadowing for this.

our other family cat has been taking her place in her favorite resting spots, and showing up in my room more often to eat from her food bowl. i've done so many things i did last time and more, but my baby girl is gone. i went around the entire neighborhood twice in the freezing cold, tirelessly searching through every vacant house i could climb my way into, calling her name every few meters. she was nowhere. she hasn't come.

i can't do anything without her, having no motivation to work out and going through too much grief that causes me to binge. i feel horrible, like all the life has been sucked out of me now that she isn't here. i keep petting the air next to me. she isn't here and it fucking hurts. i've been tearing myself up selfharm-wise and confiding in those around me has proven to do nothing for me. i lay in bed and i do nothing but think about her. i miss her so bad, and i keep watching the videos i have saved of her on my phone. its torture, but its all that keeps my interest. i walk around 0 degree weather looking for her almost every day. i feel useless. i feel helpless. i feel hopeless. i feel all of these things and nothing, and that 'nothing' takes form of a thick smog inside me. it's going to kill me. i've already attempted recently before chickening out. i don't know what to do without her but die.

Attachments

• Snapchat-20705046.mp4
    3.2 MB
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, cosmic_traveler, breezeboy and 7 others
N

Novacaine

Oct 30, 2023
Your cat is super cute. I'm really sorry your cat is missing and I hope that she is okay and you as well. This sucks and I feel for you. I hope it all works out

Reactions: MelancholyGirl and whisperjump
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
Did Lullabye come back? I relate except that my boy Tommy can't come back. He is the last nail in my coffin too.

whisperjump

whisperjump

i am the thing i've tried to kill over 8 times now
Sep 9, 2023
Did Lullabye come back? I relate except that my boy Tommy can't come back. He is the last nail in my coffin too.
we found her dead. she was run over by a car. there were passerbys for about 2 days before we found her. my heart feels like it's been pierced with a knife, stabbing it over and over again. my baby.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, almaPerdida, breezeboy and 4 others
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
we found her dead. she was run over by a car. there were passerbys for about 2 days before we found her. my heart feels like it's been pierced with a knife, stabbing it over and over again. my baby.
Oh no I am so sorry! I know it feels like the worst pain. Tommy has been gone for a little over 3 months and I haven't missed one day of crying. We were and are so bonded. It just guts you. I'm so sorry. ;-;

• Love
Reactions: whisperjump
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I lost my cat right before a snow storm as well once. I like to think she's out there somewhere in someone else's house but I'm not sure.

I see, I didn't read your update right away. I'm sorry about your cat, this is a cruel world we live in. May you see her again one day in death.

• Love
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the grief of losing a pet like that.

• Love