• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

Funkbunny

Student
Nov 18, 2018
This is the only place I can vent. I'm sole carer for my mum, a strong woman who is being eaten away by progressive supramolecular palsy. Every day is living grief, knowing what's to come but fighting like hell every step. I have moments of emotional clarity where I cry like Niagara falls, the rest of the time I push it all back to try to function.

Doctor just left, given mum antibiotics as felt mum may have started aspirating. I'm beyond petrified. Right from diagnosis I read up on psp. Aspiration pneumonia is a common cause of death. How the hell do you deal with this. All I know is it's now started. It may well be we have more an more of this, more an more antibiotics until it gets to a stage where they stop treatment.

The doctor said to me that can be the kindest thing to do, let nature take its course. It's sick. Wrong and sick. I'm furious, scared, so many things. Palliative care is a totally different monster to what I once thought. It's cruel. Don't even know what the feck I'm saying anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: Manaaja and Kikoo Loool
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I am so sorry. What a ghastly situation. How could you not be furious and frightened? You are witness to a genuine tragedy.

I am so very, very sorry.

Reactions: Midnight