CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023
The irony of people who are of the mindset of "life over death, even when that life is only suffering" and force that on others is that they cause more deaths than anyone else.

I've known this for a long time, but I just watched this video and it really hit me harder than usual:

One of the stories is of a mother who always wanted children, and got her wish.. until she didn't. Her child was diagnosed with a terminal illness that would steal away his life slowly and painfully, a type of muscular dystrophy. He lost his ability to crawl, eat, move, everything he had just learned, being so young.

He suffered until he hit 4 years old, when he passed. The mother killed herself after...

...and this is what boils my blood. If Medically Assisted Suicide—Death with Dignity, as it is aptly called—was more accessible, more accepted.. that baby boy wouldn't have suffered so many years, and his mother may not have committed. It's not a sure thing, as his death itself may still have "done her in," but to think..

Maybe, just maybe, she would have been able to heal and live without suffering if she hadn't had to watch her miracle baby, her son, slowly suffer until he died.

How sick is that? That the society that claims to "protect people from dying unnecessarily" kills billions more people? They make others live a short, painful life, and because of that, it kills others involved.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, kitty_kat, myusername890 and 4 others
D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
Thanks for that. I do agree. As Funeral Cry always says, it shows how delusional those parts of the society are. Also I have been thinking about who invented the R.I.P. abbreviation and that pro-lifers don't even notice that they betray themselves when they use it.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, jar-baby, myusername890 and 1 other person
wristcutangel

wristcutangel

What value is there to a life that wants to end?
Jul 5, 2023
pro-lifers don't actually care about people. they just want to sit on a moral high-ground and make themselves feel better by thinking they prevented a death while directly causing suffering tenfold to the one they stopped.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, FreeMind, myusername890 and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
They don't care about if whether we're alive or dead. They only care about their public image, they'll do everything that they can to have people admire them. They say they intend to save people who are trying to ctb but by saving them the pro lifers are just making their lives a lot worse than before.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, myusername890 and CTBookOfLife
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just disgusting and inhumane how assisted suicide isn't legalised despite the fact that in this world there is unlimited potential for suffering and torture to be experienced. Those pro-life people completely lack any compassion, it repluses me how so many see suicide as being worse than suffering despite the fact that nobody can be harmed by not existing.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, CTBookOfLife, アホペンギン and 1 other person
L

LostFuture.

Aug 20, 2023
Many of these pro life people (e.g the politicians) want you to live, yet also create and support social and economic systems that are oppressive and trap people. If there were proper safety net systems and mental health care that allowed people to get back on their feet and pursuing something they enjoyed (and not slaving away for 60 hours a week at a menial job just to make ends meet), then a lot less people would be here.

UBI, free mental health, healthcare, rehab and guaranteed housing would be a massive help for starters. Would make a lot fewer people feel utterly hopeless in their situation

• Informative
Reactions: AvoidingMyself and CTBookOfLife
CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023
The irony of people who are of the mindset of "life over death, even when that life is only suffering" and force that on others is that they cause more deaths than anyone else.

Unrelated "update" that is more just something to add to this conversation:

I was watching a video that mentioned a non-profit called "Campaign Against Living Miserably."

It reminded me alot of this site because I hear similar sentiment here, but I had a hunch is was the complete opposite. So, I checked and...

Yup. It's an anti-suicide non-profit. Now, I didn't do enough research to see if they actually do anything to help people suffering (instead of the typical road people go down of just "locking them away"), but the fact that they call themselves ANTI-suicide... not suicide PREVENTION.. doesn't inspire hope in me.

Even worse, it was then that it hit me. The acronym spells "CALM."

Calm? Really? What a wonderful message to send to suicidal people! Just CALM DOWN! I DEFINITELY haven't heard THAT before!

I hate humans.

(This is all based off of first impressions, and basically no research, so feel free to correct anything)

• Informative
Reactions: AvoidingMyself