• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

“May it please you.” — Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
Sounded brilliant! Shame there isn't any footage...
It sure was. It was common practice in 1951 to record television broadcasts with the kinescope process, repeat them once, and destroy them one week later. There was little value for preserving them. So it is highly unlikely that a recording of this show is known to exist. It is only known about today because it was documented in several news articles.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It sure was. It was common practice in 1951 to record television broadcasts with the kinescope process, repeat them once, and destroy them one week later. There was little value for preserving them. So it is highly unlikely that a recording of this show is known to exist. It is only known about today because it was documented in several news articles.
I guess that's what makes these old events even more legendary- because they are just kind of whispers. When you can view things over and over in crystal clear clarity- maybe we lose their uniqueness.

I've been trying to wrack my brains for the greatest event in TV history and I can't really think of one! I'm too young to have seen the moon landing. That must have been pretty special. I guess there have been moments in television series that have been especially well written or shocking or funny. Just not one that REALLY stands out.

Still- I do have an obsessive side to me- so, I understand you on that.

Reactions: 12_Years_Late
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
I guess that's what makes these old events even more legendary- because they are just kind of whispers. When you can view things over and over in crystal clear clarity- maybe we lose their uniqueness.

I've been trying to wrack my brains for the greatest event in TV history and I can't really think of one! I'm too young to have seen the moon landing. That must have been pretty special. I guess there have been moments in television series that have been especially well written or shocking or funny. Just not one that REALLY stands out.

Still- I do have an obsessive side to me- so, I understand you on that.
Couldn't agree more.

I first learned of this show in 2020, but waited until 2022 to start writing about it online. So in June 2022, I went to AmIRight and wrote song parodies about the broadcast. I quickly realized that you don't just get up on a soapbox and tell a random Internet site about this broadcast, so I stopped mentioning it. But not before I convinced another user to keep on discussing it, though.

I still believe that there is a chance to make this broadcast much more well-known. This special show was done for a reason, and I stumbled upon it one night and immediately realized how truly great it was.

You should convince a local theater to put on a play recreating this broadcast. Maybe start a search for any surviving Boy Scouts if they can be found.

AmIRight told me that I talked about this broadcast too much, so I'm going to stop now.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Couldn't agree more.

I first learned of this show in 2020, but waited until 2022 to start writing about it online. So in June 2022, I went to AmIRight and wrote song parodies about the broadcast. I quickly realized that you don't just get up on a soapbox and tell a random Internet site about this broadcast, so I stopped mentioning it. But not before I convinced another user to keep on discussing it, though.

I still believe that there is a chance to make this broadcast much more well-known. This special show was done for a reason, and I stumbled upon it one night and immediately realized how truly great it was.

You should convince a local theater to put on a play recreating this broadcast. Maybe start a search for any surviving Boy Scouts if they can be found.

AmIRight told me that I talked about this broadcast too much, so I'm going to stop now.

Nah- I think it's fine to have an obsession. It's fine to share it. For some other people- it may resound with them too and they may join you. I'd just say- don't expect them to! People have their own interests and obsessions. It would have to be a sincere passion for someone to organise a reenactment. If that's your wish though- I hope you achieve it and I hope you find other people who share that goal. Good luck!

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
Nah- I think it's fine to have an obsession. It's fine to share it. For some other people- it may resound with them too and they may join you. I'd just say- don't expect them to! People have their own interests and obsessions. It would have to be a sincere passion for someone to organise a reenactment. If that's your wish though- I hope you achieve it and I hope you find other people who share that goal. Good luck!
Thank you, it's very much appreciated!

• Hugs
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
I considered planning a full-scale recreation of this show in 2026, for its 75th anniversary, but since I won't be alive at that point, I won't be doing it. Any others here who would like to plan this?

@Ernest1964 is this something you would be willing to do??

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
I considered planning a full-scale recreation of this show in 2026, for its 75th anniversary, but since I won't be alive at that point, I won't be doing it. Any others here who would like to plan this?

@Ernest1964 is this something you would be willing to do??
If I can't recreate the show on this planet, maybe I can do something related in the afterlife??

What do you think?

Reactions: rationaltake
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Wish I'd been around to see this show! You should definitely recreate it in the afterlife.

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
Wish I'd been around to see this show! You should definitely recreate it in the afterlife.
Not only am I going to do that, but I'm going to make it even better. I'm not telling anyone how it will be better, though — that is a secret.

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
Note that it is highly unlikely that any Boy Scouts that appeared on this program are still living, and since no list that featured the individual names of all the Boy Scouts that appeared on this show is known to exist, no research can be done on this area. The only name we know of any of the Scouts that appeared on this show was Danny McCarthy, 15 years old. If still alive, he would be 87 or 88 now.

Possible dates for this broadcast would have to be from March 17th to May 26th, 1951. (all Saturdays)